Batman: The Brave abd the Bold vs. DC Animated Universe: Part I

Mad Hatter

O Frabjous Day!
So, TMC1982 just did a great post about comparing the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher movie characters to the Batman: the Animated Series characters. I suggest you read and respond to it if you have an opinion one way or another.

Anyway, it gave me an idea. Why not compare the DCAU characters to their incarnations in Batman: The Brave and the Bold? However, That's a lot of characters. So, I figured that it could be done it part. Part I covers all the characters in episodes 1-4. These characters are:

Batman: Diedrich Bader vs. Kevin Conroy
Green Arrow: James Arnold Taylor vs. Kin Shriner
Clock King: Dee Bradley Baker vs. Alan Rachins
Kanjar Ro: Marc Worden vs. Rene Auberjonois
Gentleman Ghost: Greg Ellis vs. Robin Atkin Downes
Gorilla Grodd: John DiMaggio vs. Powers Boothe
Atom: James Sie vs. John C. McGinley
Felix Faust: Dee Bradley Baker vs. Robert Englund
Aquaman: John DiMaggio vs Scott Rummel or Miguel Ferrer
Ocean Master or Orm: Wallace Langham vs. Richard Green
Black Manta (Devil Ray in the DCAU): Kevin Michael Richardson vs. Michael Beach
Red Tornado: Corey Burton vs. Powers Boothe
Toyman (Fun Haus in Batman: the Brave and the Bold): Gary Anthony Williams vs. Corey Burton or Bud Cort

I do realize that some of these characters are either different incarnations (Fun Haus or Toyman), different identities (Ray Palmer's Atom vs. Ray Choi's Atom), or may not have had a huge appearance in one particular series (Red Tornado in JLU, or Felix Faust in B:tBatB), but they had an appearance and an impact. So consider that when you comment on each character.

I'll be putting my opinion up soon enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts