"Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020 Mini-Series)" Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)

Batman: The Adventures Continue - Rate and Discuss this Series!

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pretty true to form description, all around :p.
I guess they decided to expand the flashbacks from 1 to 2 issues once they got the seventh issue extension and #7 will be the planned finale. Still surprised Nightwing is a non-factor in the "present" parts of the comics.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess they decided to expand the flashbacks from 1 to 2 issues once they got the seventh issue extension and #7 will be the planned finale. Still surprised Nightwing is a non-factor in the "present" parts of the comics.
Maybe they'll fit Dick in for a one-panel cameo :p?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the visionary producers of Batman: The Animated Series, discover new adventures in this seminal animated world! Discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue right here!

BATMAN: THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE #11

Written by: Alan Burnett and Paul Dini
Art by: Ty Templeton

The Story: Batman's clash with Jason Todd continues as he hunts for information on his former boy wonder. Meanwhile, Alfred recounts Jason's last days as Robin to Tim.

Digital Release: August 27, 2020
Price: $0.99

Surprises and shocks await! Discuss the latest installment right here!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Like I said before, I get it's a Jason Todd story and that lends itself to get darker and shows how far Jason has gone-- but the violence handed out to the villains this chapter, arguably overboard. It did make sense Leslie Thompkins would be the one to tell Batman off about how badly he screwed up.

Quite amusing Sid the Squid had an appearance or for that matter has a presence in the underworld.

Joker and Harley setting a trap for Jason, definitely an eerie callback to ROTJ. But in the overall scheme of things, it holds up that Joker was part of the turning point for all 3 Robins' careers. And only Dick came out of it unscathed.

Frontier

Staff member
It's always nice to see Leslie, and her rebuke of Bruce was appropriate but not too overly harsh :).

Sid! What a blast from the past he is :D.

I would've loved for them to use this as an opportunity to explain away Killer Croc's TNBA redesign, like being stuck in the water altered his skin and changed his voice :p.

Joker and Harley faking a breakup and Harley going on a rampage (to where you question whether it really was all planned out)...is a very Joker and Harley thing to do :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Considering what we know about the original Jason Todd in the comics and what Joker and Harley will do to Tim Drake several years later in this animated canon, I'm hesitant to speculate what the next chapter is gonna be other than really grim. And Issue #6 overall will probably be the darkest. I guess I can take solace in that there's only 3 digital chapters left.

Frontier

Staff member
Considering what we know about the original Jason Todd in the comics and what Joker and Harley will do to Tim Drake several years later in this animated canon, I'm hesitant to speculate what the next chapter is gonna be other than really grim. And Issue #6 overall will probably be the darkest. I guess I can take solace in that there's only 3 digital chapters left.
I guess in some ways this might end up being recursive foreshadowing for what they planned to do with Tim :ack:.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The latest print edition of Batman: The Adventures Continue has arrived!

BATMAN: THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES #4

Written by: Paul Dini and Alan Burnett

The Story: A new type of vengeance comes to Gotham City! The flaming sword of Azrael burns through the city in search of a stolen artifact from the Church of St. Dumas. Can Batman protect his home from Azrael's fury? And who would be looking for the resurrecting powers of the Shawl of Madelyn in the first place?

Print Edition Release Date: Sept. 1, 2020
Print Edition Cover Price: $3.99

Rate and discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue right here!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess in some ways this might end up being recursive foreshadowing for what they planned to do with Tim.
8/28: It's downright eerie if you look at the similarities - Robin on his own one night, Harley used as bait, even the electric joy buzzer that would have a big role in ROTJ's finale...

9/9: Comixology pulled another 'delayed to Friday' but who knows if it'll stick or will still come out Thursday...

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Once again, after being pushed to a day later release date, Comixology has again released the latest Batman: The Adventures Continue later in the day on its original release date.

From the visionary producers of Batman: The Animated Series, discover new adventures in this seminal animated world! Discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue right here!

BATMAN: THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE #12

The Story: Years ago, Jason Todd's rampage against the criminal underbelly of Gotham led him face-to-face with The Joker and through that conflict, Batman was never the same again!

Digital Release: September 10, 2020

Answers are waiting! Discuss the latest installment right here!

Also: Details for Issue #13 are now available!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So Joker only uses the crowbar and Harley objects so she gets 'dismissed' from the premises. Figures that was the moment that led to everything, when Batman uses the crowbar to save Joker and not honor Jason's request to kill him.

Good on Tim for recognizing it wasn't Bruce but makes the mistake of trying to fight Jason one-on-one. Oi.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
A fine issue. I liked the twisted irony of Batman using the iconic crowbar to save Joker.

I wasn't a fan of Harley suddenly objecting to Joker torturing Jason. It kind of smells of the recent trend to make her an anti-hero. Not only does it do nothing for the story, but it's inconsistent considering she happily goes along with Joker's torture of Tim in Return of the Joker.

#TeamMike

A fine issue. I liked the twisted irony of Batman using the iconic crowbar to save Joker.

I wasn't a fan of Harley suddenly objecting to Joker torturing Jason. It kind of smells of the recent trend to make her an anti-hero. Not only does it do nothing for the story, but it's inconsistent considering she happily goes along with Joker's torture of Tim in Return of the Joker.

It's inferred Harley did show some remorse in ROTJ when Batgirl questions her and Harley replies "okay he roughed the kid up a little, but I'll make it right."

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Batman: The Adventures Continue "The Darker Knight"

That was kind of repulsive.

Batman kicking Nora's corpse wasn't merely adding insult to injury. It was just plain injury. Truly disgusted with that idea.

It's a little early but I think I can declare this revival a dud. **.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The end is near! From the visionary producers of Batman: The Animated Series, discover new adventures in this seminal animated world! Discuss the penultimate issue of Batman: The Adventures Continue right here!

BATMAN: THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE #13

The Story: The Joker turns to a familiar face as he looks to take down the Red Hood. Can Batman track down his former partner before the Clown Prince of Crime strikes, or is this just what Jason wants?

Digital Release: October 1, 2020

Answers are waiting! Discuss the latest installment right here!

Also: Details for Issue #14 are now available!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not too shocked the first half of the last issue was setting up the finale.

Basically took Batgirl off the board (guess he darted Nightwing off screen, too. lol) so that next issue is probably just 20 pages of ideology debating and Batman in a room forced to choose between killing Joker and saving Tim or sparing Joker and Tim drowns. But somehow Tim is saved, the lair collapses, Batman drags Joker and Robin up to the surface. Can see Dini and Burnett teasing us with an ambiguous ending of did Red Hood die or escape again - i.e. like a piece of the Red Hood mask is found by Batman at the site of the lair as police canvas the area.

Was surprised we got the origins of Mr. Wing and Straightman and Emile Dorian was connected to the former. Also surprised by the Family Guy and It references. The It reference did make me crack up. This could easily be a new meme.

EDIT: And of course, one's mind drifts to wondering if Straightman was another would-be pawn of Project Cadmus that Joker also stole. And Joker's line about Harley and Ivy felt like a vague hat tip to "Hard as Nails".

It's interesting Jason enjoys exchanging barbs with Leslie and I suppose even still cared about Alfred to tell Leslie she better check on him despite the crack and about his 'rise and shine' line.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Red Hood story arc kicks off in the print edition of Batman: The Adventures Continue!

BATMAN: THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES #5

Written by: Paul Dini and Alan Burnett

The Story: Batman is scrambling as he learns the true identity of the man who's been stalking him and the rest of the Bat-Family. As Batman and Alfred reel from the revelation, Tim demands answers! Batman's greatest shame is finally revealed!

Print Edition Release Date: Oct. 6th, 2020
Print Edition Cover Price: $3.99

Red Hood officially arrives in Gotham! Rate and discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue right here!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts