"Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020 Mini-Series)" Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)

Batman: The Adventures Continue - Rate and Discuss this Series!

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Logline for BTAC Season II #2 in July solicits, print issue set for July 6. Regular cover by Kris Anka and variant by Max Dubar. And the series itself is currently set for 7 issues.
Thanks to some magical help from Zatanna, Batman can now see Deadman. Joining forces, the Dark Knight and the death-defying specter hatch a plan to apprehend the treacherous Talon. But the mysterious assassin gets the upper hand and captures Hamilton Hill Jr.! Can Batman and Deadman track the regeneration formula components and find the sinister Court of Owls’ secret passageways, or will Gotham finally fall under the Court’s full control?!
"Hamilton Hill Jr."? So I guess "Jordan" is his middle name. :p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Logline for BTAC Season II #2 in July solicits, print issue set for July 6. Regular cover by Kris Anka and variant by Max Dubar. And the series itself is currently set for 7 issues.

"Hamilton Hill Jr."? So I guess "Jordan" is his middle name. :p
That Kris Anka Zatanna and Nightwing :D.

Zatann and Deadman feels like a mini Justice League Dark thing :p.

That kid can't help but get kidnapped...

So it sounds like they're keeping how long-lived Talons are o_O.

Ed Nygma

Poor Mayor Hill...although a Deadman possessed Veronica o_O.
*Sigh* so I guess they're not even going to attempt even a loose continuity with the previous Adventures comics huh? (Since Hill already left office in the Slott run)

Incoming obsessive 40 minute Watchtower Database video, I guess...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting that they are referencing the events of Gotham Adventures #6.
How so? The Dick and Boston line? But in that issue, he met Rama Kusha upon death and was told to balance his murder and was a one-and-done appearance (he moves on in the end) and I think those comics used the League of Assassins rather than the Society of Shadows. I mean, could be a nod, too, but I figured the line would be explained later in the issue because in his monologue, it doesn't sound like he has been visited by her yet and he's Groundhog Day-ing his powers, returning to Gotham after reaching a limit to his powers without any real aim.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
How so? The Dick and Boston line? But in that issue, he met Rama Kusha upon death and was told to balance his murder and was a one-and-done appearance (he moves on in the end) and I think those comics used the League of Assassins rather than the Society of Shadows. I mean, could be a nod, too, but I figured the line would be explained later in the issue because in his monologue, it doesn't sound like he has been visited by her yet and he's Groundhog Day-ing his powers, returning to Gotham after reaching a limit to his powers without any real aim.
I was thinking of that Batman and Robin Adventures issue where Dick goes undercover at Haly's Circus and meets a still alive Boston Brand :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was thinking of that Batman and Robin Adventures issue where Dick goes undercover at Haly's Circus and meets a still alive Boston Brand :p.
Yeah, those 2 were connected stories if I'm not mistaken. And they goofed because in the DCAU, it's Haley's Circus with an "e".

Ed Nygma

I'm done with this series and its disrespect of the animated continuity. Like others have said, could they at least have made it line up with Gotham Adventures 6 and Hill replaced as mayor? Is this just going to get a new #1 indefinitely every time they decide to bring it back to hock a new figure? I would've loved a Dini-written continuation since he was the best on continuity, but this is just lazy and offensive.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
James Harvey will start a new talkback thread for Season Two in a few hours. Please wait and hold off on any posts until then. Discussions on Season One can continue here. Thanks.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Zeno Robinson went through quite a lot, but when he got the role of Remy on Big City Greens, things got better for him. Happy 3 year anniversary Big City Greens.

Shaving my beard, and singing "Disco Girl"
"Hey, when are we going to get more information about the upcoming Garfield stuff (Nickelodeon series, Alcon movie)?!"

Me:
Members such as @RegularCapital, @Francisque and @J10 may find this interesting: the LMBTQ propaganda song from Nick Jr's Azur series populates the prides. The screenshot is taken from the 18:00 CET M1 news.

And this is the news report in video.
My prologue to the Hungary VS France Euro 2020 match (which starts tomorrow): went to the Heroes' Square today. #Euro2020

Featured Posts