"Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (2016 Mini-Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - "Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures"

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The animated worlds of Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collide in this all-new mini-series co-published by IDW Publishing and DC Comics!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADVENTURES #1

Click the above image for a preview of the issue!

Written by: Matthew K. Manning
Art by: Jon Sommariva

The Story: When villains start to mysteriously escape Arkham, Batman seeks to tracks them down. What happens when he discovers that they have left Gotham City completely... and entered the TMNT's New York City?

Comments?

And for those who missed it, The World's Finest posted up an interview with Batman/Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles Adventures writer Matthew Manning. Click here to check it out.

Related Discussion:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2015 Mini-Series) Talkback (Spoilers)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

A really fun first issue but it was mostly set-up. As much as I'm excited for this mini-series since I'm a big fan of both cartoons (and the Nick TMNT is easily the best iteration of the cartoon show to date) I don't like that we are going to have to go through the whole introduction process again and have all the characters meet for the first time again. That said the artwork is really good and everyone looks like they should though the BTAS characters look a bit off but still close enough. The writing is really good too. I think the author captured the 'voices' of both of the shows. I still can't believe we're actually getting a project like this and I'm glad it's started off well.

I also managed to get the Ty Templeton variant cover which I'm really happy about. I love his artwork.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADVENTURES #2

Story by: Matthew K. Manning
Art by: Jon Sommariva, Sean Parsons, and Serge Lapointe

Story: The Joker and Harley Quinn escape Arkham Asylum and make their way to the TMNT’s NYC where they meet none other than the Shredder! Meanwhile, will Batman, Robin, and Batgirl be able to form a truce with the Turtles?

Comments?

Related Discussion:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those interested, cover artwork and a synopsis for Batman/TMNT Adventures #5 has been released by IDW and can be found at The World's Finest.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those interested, cover artwork and a synopsis for Batman/TMNT Adventures #6 - the final issue of the mini-series which also takes it into The New Batman Adventures era - has been released by IDW and can be found at The World's Finest.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADVENTURES #4

Art by: Jon Sommariva

Story: The Turtles must face their worst fears when they confront the deadly Scarecrow! Meanwhile, Batman takes the fight to Shredder and the Joker only to find that the greatest danger has yet to be revealed!

Comments?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

Issue #4 was the best issue yet of this series. I understand that comic discussion isn't big on Toonzone anymore but I was hoping to see some old faces come out to discuss this series since it involves BTAS and TMNT. I got to see a preview copy of the next issue thanks to my LCS and there's a hilarious homage to the BTAS opening credits scene with Michelangelo.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADVENTURES #5

Art by: Jon Sommariva and Sean Parsons

Story: The surprising conclusion to the hit all-ages crossover! Surprising alliances are formed and friendships are tested as the villain behind the cross-dimensional chaos is revealed!

Comments?

Related Discussion:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
IDW Publishing and DC Comics has announced a July 2017 release for the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trade paperback collection. Details can be found at The World's Finest.

Also, Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #5 features a great homage to the iconic original Batman: The Animated Series opening titles. I highly recommend checking it out.

TheModster

The whole mini-series was fantastic, but the epilogue was especially exciting for me.

Finally, after all these years, we get an explanation for why Scarecrow's appearance changed between B:TAS and TNBA. Scarecrow is my #1 favorite DC villain, so this was a monumental treat!

#6 can't come soon enough!

Spider-Man

The Scarecrow epilogue was such a surprise and it has me excited for issue #6. I don't know if we'll see him in it, since it seems to just show us what inspired his redesign but I'd like to see it. This has been such a fun comic and I'm sad that we have just one issue left.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World’s Finest caught up with artist Jon Sommariva to discuss his work on the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures mini-series, which wraps up with issue #6 on Wednesday. In the interview, Sommariva talks about his work on the book, his career, adapting his personal style to meet the needs of the mini-series, and much more. Preview images for Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #6 can also be found in the Q & A. Click here to check it out.

Spider-Man

Good interview! That homage to the opening credits of BTAS in issue #5 is one of my favorite moments in the series. There's definitely a clear love for both the Turtles and Batman by both the artist and the writer and it shows in each issue. While the art sometimes isn't exactly on model is still some of the most dynamic stuff I've seen.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The final to the epic six-issue series is here!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADVENTURES #6

Art by: Jon Sommariva and Sean Parsons

Story: Months after the conclusion to their adventure, Batman and the TMNT discover that the hidden threat has not passed and now Gotham is in danger! A last-ditch effort may be the only thing that saves two worlds!!

Comments?

Related Discussion:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

I really liked how this wrapped up. Issue #5 was basically the end of it all and this issue was a fun victory lap. Not necessary but just a fun issue for fun's sake. I found the artist's take on the TNBA style was a little bit looser than the BTAS designs. He seems to do better on those but he still did a good job here. I really hope this isn't the end. The idea of a regular DC/TMNT crossover is really appealing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts