"Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2015 Mini-Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" - Rate the series and join the conversation!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Dark Knight meets the Heroes in a Half-Shell! The comic event decades in the making has arrived!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #1

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II

DC Comics and IDW team up for the crossover you never saw coming as two of the greatest entertainment icons meet for the first time! In Gotham City, a series of deadly raids leads Batman to believe he’s up against a group of highly trained ninjas known as the Foot Clan! Somehow, they’ve crossed over to another dimension and are determined to take advantage of the situation while looking to get back home. But they haven’t come alone: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo are hot on their trail. Get ready for excitement as heroes and villains from both worlds clash and team up in an epic battle that threatens the very fabric of reality!

Discuss Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right here at Toonzone!

Related Discussion:
Batman or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Most influential animated series?

Spider-Man

A really fun start to the crossover! The art does a good job at bringing both Batman and TMNT's world together without anything feeling out of place or anything. The art looks a little warped at times but it's pretty great. The color makes the artwork pop too. That scene where Batman meets Shredder has me really hoping the two of those come to blows really soon.

The teaser of "Bat-fight" for the next issue was hilarious. Bring it on!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The fists fly! Batman throws down against the Ninja Turtles!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #2

Trapped in a world where they can scarcely tell friend from foe, the Turtles’ first encounter with the Dark Knight puts their fighting skills to the ultimate test. And while Batman and scientist Lucius Fox search for any clue as to where these strange ninjas come from, Shredder strikes a deal with The Penguin! Co-published with IDW!

What do you think of Batman taking on the four turtles brothers? Would he actually win in a fight against them?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

How is no one here talking about this book? A comic like this seems tailor made for the Toonzone crowd.

Anyways this issue was better than the first. The fight between Batman and the Turtles was perfect. I like how Batman was able to make his way through most of the Turtles until eventually getting to something of a stalemate with Leonardo before Splinter ended things. I think it was the perfect way to handle that fight. No clear winner and everyone looks good, with a reasonable argument for both sides to claim they would've won. The ending with the Turtles in the Bat-cave have me counting the days to issue #3.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Batman meets The Shredder as the Turtles invade the cave!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #3

The Batcave is overrun with turtles—and its landlord is not at all pleased about it. But Batman’s going to have to put aside his animosity toward his uninvited guests because he’s about to have his first run-in with their deadliest enemy, Shredder! Meanwhile, the Turtles must face up to the grim possibility that they might never get back to their world.

Discuss Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right here at Toonzone! What did you think of the latest issue?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

I must not have been paying attention closely to the comic solicits for the upcoming issues, but the last page reveal of Ra's Al Ghul caught me by surprise, and also makes the most sense given Shredder's history in the IDW universe. Another really good issue, though I was hoping for more stuff from the Turtles' break-in to the Batcave. I did like that Splinter was the voice of reason to get everyone on board.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Turtles crash at Wayne Manor!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #4

With the possibility existing that they might never get home, the Turtles take up residence at Wayne Manor. Everyone seems to be adapting except for Raphael, who still can’t understand why his friends all trust this Bat-person. So Batman takes the skeptical Turtle on a trip down Crime Alley to tell Raph what led him to don the cape and cowl in the first place. Co-published with IDW.

Discuss Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right here at Toonzone! What did you think of the latest issue?

Everyone chime in - who has been reading this series so far?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

That scene between Raphael and Batman, when they go to crime alley, is an amazing scene. Instead of using it as an excuse for Batman to brood more, he uses it to express empathy for Raphael and show why he does what he does. A fantastically written scene. In fact I find Batman has been handled really well in this series so far, maybe even better than the regular continuity titles. There's a bit more levity to him but it doesn't over power the darkness but makes a good balance. Another great issue and I can't believe no one here is still talking about it.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The penultimate issue! Arkham Asylum!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #5

While Shredder enters an uneasy alliance with a deadly new partner, Casey Jones is arrested by the GCPD. At the same time, a crisis breaks out at Arkham Asylum, which is bound to keep both Batman and the Turtles busy. Meanwhile, a certain young resident of Wayne Manor returns home to find a new, green occupant in his room. Co-published with IDW.

Everyone chime in - who has been reading this series so far?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

How is this series going to wrap with just one issue left? The Turtles are starting to de-mutate, Damian is now on the scene and Shredder has mutated all of the villains in Arkham Asylum. That last page cliffhanger where we see all of Batman's mutated bad guys was absolutely amazing. This has really been one of the funnest comics DC has released in ages.

...and I'm still basically talking to myself here. Ah well. Its just how these boards are going.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The conclusion! Batman and the Ninja Turtles face off against Ra's Al Ghul and The Shredder!

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #6

The crossover event of the year comes to its thrilling conclusion. The Turtles have one last, desperate shot at going home. But will they take it, knowing what nefarious plans Shredder has for Gotham City? It’s full-on ninja warfare as our heroes go up against the combined forces of the Foot Clan and the League of Assassins. Co-published with IDW.

The final issue is here! Is it a worthy conclusion to the epic mini-series? Thoughts on the mini-series overall?

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man

A little bit rushed but this was a good end to what has been one of the funnest comics I've read in a long time. The fight between Shredder and Batman was really cool and I love how the Turtles gave Batman a very TMNT-inspired armor to help him with the fight. And I also really like that connection that Batman and Raphael have formed. Raph giving Batman his mask was a great moment. There was so much fun in this issue too and it opened with such a crazy opening scene of Batman having to face a bunch of Arkham inmates mutated into different animals. It's so crazy and shouldn't work but it does. The issue wrapped up a bit too fast and tidy but I like the tease that there might be more to come. Given that appears I'm the only person here who read the comic (unless the boards are just that dead) it's safe to say that everyone else here missed out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts