Batman: Streets of Gotham #1 - 4 "Hush Money" Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rate and Comment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
An all-new Batman series by the Detective Comics creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen!

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #1

Written by: Paul Dini and Marc Andreyko
Art by: Dustin Nguyen and Derek Fridolfs and Georges Jeanty and Karl

As a new Batman rises on the streets of Gotham City, the heroes, villains and citizens take notice. How will the police feel about this new Batman, and can he control the crime in Gotham the way the old Batman did?

This new series also features a regular ongoing co-feature starring Manhunter written by Marc Andreyko and illustrated by Georges Jeanty! Kate Spencer lost a friend during the chaos of Battle for the Cowl, and now she wants payback. As usual, she'll use any means necessary to get it.

Comments?

witness

I am always watching.....
May 4, 2001
the good old U. S. of A.
Visit site
I love having Paul Dini writing for Batman comics. This is a great solid start to what will hopefully be a very long ongoing series. I even enjoyed the backup story, which usually I don't care about! Just like the Batman title, this deals with some of the fallout from Battle of the Cowl. I hope that Dini can do to Firefly what he did with Hush and Scarface before. Speaking of Hush, nice to see him again. It's awesome as to how he easily deduced who was behind the trouble from just the news report. Makes me wonder if he really was going to take over not just Bruce's identity, but Batman's as well. (I still think he should have been the bad Batman from BotC instead of Jason Todd.) The art is awesome as well (as always). I really hope that this creative team stays on this title for a very long time. 4 stars from me!

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
Jun 26, 2002
Somewhere Around Here..
I was seriously surprised by this. I grabbed it on impulse, and now I'll probably sign up for it at least through the first story arc. Very good.

I liked how the plot advancement mostly came from the cops and Firefly parts. Aside from Damian talking to Hush (which was more about Hush, so it worked in this role, too), the only "Batman and Robin" moments were actually as "Batman and Robin." We have other titles to showcase Dick adapting to becoming Batman. It's nice to just have a comic that feels like a classic Batman title. I hope they keep it up.

And having never read anything with Manhunter in it, I did like the back-up story. I like how it ties into the overall title as well. With "Streets" being a more city-level title, and having Kate be a part of that city's government, it works well. I can see the two features crossing over a little here and there.

spidl

Sep 26, 2004
Louisville
I read the Sirens book first and was slightly disappointed since it did not feel like Dini's Detective run. After reading this issue I was pleasantly surprised that Dini's world is still alive and well. Dini made Firefly dangerous and really used the whole cast of Batman well. I have never read a Manhunter story, but as it has been pointed it it makes a nice contrast to the lead in story.

Batman91

Nov 11, 2004
California
I read this a little late, but I thought this issue was really awesome. It still feels like the run Dini had going on Detective. I really am not a fan of Batman being dead, but the writing for most of the "Batman Reborn" comics have been really good. The extra "Manhunter" story was pretty well written and drawn as well. Btw...did anyone else feel like Kate Spencer looked a little bit like Willow since Georges Jeanty also pencils the current Buffy comic?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
An all-new issue by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen!

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #2

Commissioner Gordon teams with the new Batman to combat the fiery threat that Firefly has spread across Gotham City. And to make matters worse, the mysterious adversary known only as Abuse makes his presence felt!

Meanwhile, in the Manhunter co-feature, now that Kate Spencer is the new District Attorney of Gotham City, will she use her legal power or her Super Hero identity to find the killer of the previous D.A.?

Comments?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
An all-new issue by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen!

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #3

Bruce Wayne is dead…long live Bruce Wayne! Gotham's favorite son has miraculously returned, promising to lead his city into a new golden age. But while Wayne devotes his limitless fortune to rebuilding Gotham City, he fights violent opposition from Batman, Robin and a host of DC Universe heroes!

And in the Manhunter co-feature, now that Manhunter has found the previous DA's killer – or, rather, the killer has found her – what is she going to do about it? Bringing the killer in for a trial may not result in the justice Kate's been dreaming of. But is she ready to kill for justice so soon after a fresh start in Gotham?

Comments?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
The first story-arc wraps up here!

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #4

With Batman's recent "Bruce Wayne" problems barely contained, Gotham City's new Dark Knight must now deal with the most lethal arm of Black Mask's growing empire – Victor Zsasz!

And in the Manhunter co-feature, now that Kate has Jane Doe under arrest, what does Jane have to say about why she killed the former DA? Will she flip on her actual leader, the Black Mask – or will she continue to point the finger at Two-Face?

Comments?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future
Me: Oh DARN. I can't believe I'm going to miss the LIVE premiere of Amphibia at 10 because of a stupid doctor's appointment!
*At 9:30, doctor's office calls*
Receptionist: Your appointment has been cancelled. You'll have to reschedule.
Me: :D *gleefully sings Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah*
Just noticed the MTV Movies & TV Awards will be airing on Nick at Nite, they add more networks to simulcast it every year.