"Batman: Soul of the Dragon" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jamie Cheung’s character is named Jade.

Also, the sword was originally supposed to be Soultaker, but our friends at DC thought it would be too weird to have that sword in the movie without Katana too. We explained that we didn’t have room in the story for another high-profile DC martial artist no matter how much we like that character, and anyhow the thing with Katana and her sword isn’t like the exclusive bond between Thor and Mjolnir and even THAT supposedly unbreakable Nerd Law has been broken several times without the world coming to an end and can we PLEASE just use Soultaker without shoe-horning Katana into our movie, pretty pretty please?

But no. Word came from On High: “NO KATANA, NO SOULTAKER”.

Rats. NOW what?

Fortunately, Jaunty Jeremy Adams did some speedy research on the internets and according to the the DC Wiki site, Soultaker was one of TWO mystic swords forged at the same time — kinda like Stormbringer and Mournblade from the Elric books, I guess — even though that second sword has never actually shown up in any canonical DC comic story, apparently, or even been given a name. So then my nerd neurons started firing like crazy and I free-associated from “Stormbringer” to “Stormbreaker” to “SOULBREAKER”, the hitherto unnamed sister sword of the legendary Soultaker.

The Mighty DC Gatekeepers decreed, “WELLLLLL....WE STILL THINK IT WOULD BE REALLY NEAT IF KATANA WAS IN THE MOVIE. BUT WE’LL ALLOW IT.”

And that, o my brothers and sisters, is how sausage is made.
I'm surprised DC didn't try to pitch you an endtag where Katana takes custody of the Soultaker.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson had any issues like this on Beware the Batman since if I recall, Lady Shiva did have the Soultaker for a couple episodes before Tatsu took it back for good.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's another clip.

Bronze Tiger busting heads :cool:.

I guess Ben becomes a vigilante too :).
More interview with Michael Jai White and with Kelly Hu. (But I think they basically cover the same stuff as past interviews)

EDIT:
IGN's Kelly Hu/Lady Shiva clip.
Kelly Hu still looks like China White :p.

I wonder what happened to "derail" Shiva...I'm not sure if the movie will go for something original, but maybe David Cain and her sister :confused:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Geez, while it's great and all that all 4 of the good guys are getting good press and lot of clips - I also hope the other 3 movies this year get the same amount of coverage. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 50th birthday to Yuri Lowenthal. He's known for characters like Ben Tennyson (specifically as a teenager) from the Ben 10 franchise, Superman in Legion Of Superheroes, and Spiderman in the Superhero Squad Show online game and Spiderman PS4.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Version of Twilight Princess was released in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought over to the Switch as early as this year.
I'm really not sure how I feel about Paramount+.
So there's this magical fantasy land and all the people lived together in peace. But now they're all divided, until one heroine sets out to bring everyone together. What movie am I talking about?
youtube nickelodeon now streaming live: SpongeBob episodes , youtube NickRewind currently streaming iCarly iKiss and iThink They Kissed episodes,

Featured Posts