"Batman Ninja" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
December 4th:
This blog has info on more of the Batman Ninja collectibles shown at the Tokyo Comic Con.

January 23rd:
Here are some magazine scans with details on the S.H. Figuarts Batman and Joker figures (scheduled to be released in June and July, respectively).

January 26th:
You might need a translator for this page, but it looks like there will be a panel for the movie at Anime Japan 2018, on March 25th on the Blue Stage. Catwoman's voice actress will attend.
March 25 (Sunday)
Program1 10:25 to 11:00
"Ninja Batman" AnimeJapan 2018 special stage
Performer
Ai Kakuma (Catwoman role)

Otaku-sempai

January 26th:
You might need a translator for this page, but it looks like there will be a panel for the movie at Anime Japan 2018, on March 25th on the Blue Stage. Catwoman's voice actress will attend.
Fortunately, the page has an English-language option! And if I have this right, the Japanese title translates more accurately as Lord Batman, providing Batman with more of a samurai vibe.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced Batman Ninja will be available on Digital starting April 24, 2018, and Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on May 8, 2018. The studio has also provided a look at the Blu-ray package art, a still from Batman Ninja and a new English-language trailer. Head over to The World's Finest to check it out!

Otaku-sempai

Do we know anything about how the Japanese release is rolling out? I'm been guessing that it will first be a theatrical release there, possibly out before the U.S. release. Is there anything to that?

TheGreatOne2

That means Wondercon 2018 will premiere 2 DC animated movies: Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay and Batman Ninja but thats my prediction. Yet to be confimed

Frontier

Staff member
Can I just say I called it on Roger Craig Smith playing Batman :p?

It's nice to hear Smith back as the Dark Knight though his performance here sounds different from the Arkham games and Batman Unlimited.

Tony Hale as The Joker is an unexpected twist, but he sounds like he'll be a lot of fun in the role ;).

It's also always great to have Grey Griffin as Catwoman :D.

I think this is the third time Tara Strong has played both Harley and Ivy in something...

The shifting Robin VA's is always kind of funny. First we've got Yuri Lowenthal playing Robin after playing Red Robin in Batman Unlimited, and now we've got Will Friedle moving from Nightwing to playing both Red Robin and Red Hood :rolleyes2:.

I'll be interested to hear what Eric Bauza as Two-Face sounds like, but Tatasciore as Grodd should be solid, as he should also be reprising Deathstroke from Young Justice ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
You know I was honestly convinced we'd have an anime dub cast.
Roger Craig Smith and Yuri Lowenthal are still prolific in anime voice acting, Fred Tatasciore voiced Hulk in yen English dub of Marvel Avengers: Disk Wars, and also consider how Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklaas, who are also anime voice actors, are the voice directors for the dub.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, Smith's anime credits made me think he was probably the most likely choice to play Batman in this :).

I'm kind of surprised with Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklaas directing this that they're not playing any of the leads. I could've seen Sheh as Harley or Catwoman (heck, she played Chinese Catwoman in that DC Nation short) or Sinterniklaas as one of the Robins.

Troy Troodon

Yeah, Smith's anime credits made me think he was probably the most likely choice to play Batman in this :).

I'm kind of surprised with Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklaas directing this that they're not playing any of the leads. I could've seen Sheh as Harley or Catwoman (heck, she played Chinese Catwoman in that DC Nation short) or Sinterniklaas as one of the Robins.

They could also be providing additional voices for what we know.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

They're also the voice directors for Hanazuki , though Mike voices a few characters there.

Regarding Batman, Troy Baker could've also reprised since he's also an anime actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts