"Batman Ninja" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku-sempai

IMDb has added an entry for Batman Ninja. I believe that the listing is entirely fan-submitted (I submitted at least some of it just this morning) and is based on the panel description for NYCC, so take some of the included information with a grain of salt. Any confirmation of the included data would be greatly appreciated.

If you see anything that you know is incorrect then, if you are an IMDb or IMDb Pro user, feel free to submit a correction!

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
I'm not at NYCC today, so I've been living vicariously through other people at the Batman Ninja panel. Twitter highlights I've spotted in the last hour or so:

Edit: ah right, media limits. Can look at my twitter for what I caught. There's also the #BatmanNinja hashtag

Other tidbits:

• Out in 2018 (no kidding), will be rated PG-13
  • Voiceover work still needs to be completed
  • English + Japanese audio on the release
  • Red Hood also confirmed
  • Deflection answer on whether Ra's al Ghul is in or not

Batman Ninja's fierce key visual. Hat tip to the GoodSmile_US twitter, advertising an autograph session at NYCC (I cropped the image from that source). DC-branded and I'm just a bit amused I didn't see this from the DC Comics twitter first, but I have no reason to think it's not legit.

DLZfGv2X0AIxb8e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This all sounds good so far, though I was hoping to get a trailer. Ah, well, there's no rush.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I guess technically two of my theories ended up coming true...we will see the normal Batman and his cast of characters, but they'll also be transported to Feudal Japan :anime:.

Interesting that they mention Robin along with Nightwing. I wonder which Robin it'll be? And will we see Batgirl :)?

The way the fight scenes were crafted reminds me of motion-capture. Curious to see how it plays out in the actual animation :cool:.

"Grodd?" As in Gorilla Grodd? Can't say I was expecting him to show up :eek:.

Red Hood is also a surprise. I'm guessing that means Jason Todd in the identity :ack:?

That's a pretty awesome teaser image. Batman looks great, and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast in that style :D.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm now officially interested. And I totally wasn't before. I thought the idea sounded dumb. But they aren't actually rebooting the entire premise, they are making the characters as we know them fit into it. I heartily approve.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Todd Haberkorn or Thom Adcox-Hernandez?

Thanks. The sounds for 'm' and 'n' often seem interchangeable in Japanese--except when they're not.
Yes, that happens only when a person's name has an 'un' character (looks like a slanted lowercase h to Americans) in it.

EDIT: Found a tweet of Batman and Joker figures from the movie. And a Red Hood poster I think.

Voice recording not all done yet. Been working on it for 3 years.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Robin with a sword probably equals Damian...

I hope they go full-on Oda Nobunaga with Grodd in this :p.
Todd Haberkorn or Thom Adcox-Hernandez?

Yes, that happens only when a person's name has an 'un' character (looks like a slanted lowercase h to Americans) in it.

EDIT: Found a tweet of Batman and Joker figures from the movie. And a Red Hood poster I think.

Voice recording not all done yet. Been working on it for 3 years.
Joker's design reminds me a lot of Kefka from Final Fantasy...

I wonder if there are other character posters for the rest of the cast :)?

Otaku-sempai

Todd Haberkorn

Please god let it be Todd Haberkorn
Hmmm, it could well be. I see he's a bit of a rock star in English-dubbed anime.

ANN reports: Yuugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass) revealed as music composer for project.
The official website of animation studio Kamikaze Douga revealed a visual on Friday for Warner Bros. Japan and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Batman Ninja 2018 anime film project.

The site also confirmed that Kamikaze Douga is working on the project, and that Yuugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Ajin) is working on the music for the project. The website stated the project is three years in the making.
Director : Jumpei Mizusaki
Screenplay
: Kazuki Nakashima
Character Design
: Takashi Okazaki
Music
: Yugo Kanno
Animation
: Kamikazedouga

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A few random thoughts:

- The art revealed looks pretty awesome. Likewise the figures of Batman & Joker. I'm looking forward to seeing them in motion.
- The movie seems to have a nice mix of villains, some I wasn't expecting. I mean, Joker was kind of predictable, but Grodd is a neat surprise.
- It's also cool they're adding more members of the Bat-Family as well. I'm hoping there's a Batgirl as well. Come to think of it, this would be a nice opportunity for Cassandra Cain to make her animated debut.
- I'm not all that familiar with voice actor names, but the first names with the initials T.H. I could think of were Tom Hanks, Tom Hiddleston and Tom Tom Holland. But I kind of doubt they got any of them for the role. :p

Otaku-sempai

It's not like Tom Hanks is a stranger to voice acting, though I really don't know how I would cast him in this. But I could totally hear Hiddleston as Joker (or Ra's al Ghul?) or Holland as Nightwing or Red Hood.

Frontier

Staff member
I am kind of curious to see if they'll attach any celebrities to the voice cast in this or if we'll primarily see regular anime VA's get a shot at the Caped Crusader and his cast of characters :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts