• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Batman: Hush Returns" Trade in January 2006

Latest News & Videos

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
According to Newsarama, in January 2006 DC Comics will release the sequel to the popular Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee storyline Batman: Hush.

BATMAN: HUSH RETURNS TP
Writer: A.J. Lieberman
Artists: Al Barrionuevo, Lee Bermejo, Javier Pina, Francis Portela, Jimmy Palmiotti and Bit

Collects BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #50-55 and 66

208 pages, $12.99 US

To those who have been keeping up with the return of Hush over in Batman: Gotham Knights, is this a trade worth picking up? Is it better than the Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee story?

Clayface

Molecularly Malleable Mod
Jim Harvey said:
To those who have been keeping up with the return of Hush over in Batman: Gotham Knights, is this a trade worth picking up? Is it better than the Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee story?
In my opinion, it's 100 times better than the Loeb/Lee story. Keep in mind though, that I'm one that didn't care for what Loeb/Lee did in "Hush". In my experience, the people that loved the Loeb/Lee run were turned off by the GK story. Personally, I think Lieberman has made the character far more intertesting in the GK title than he ever was in Loeb's Hush storyline - much more character development, far less meaningless cameos and action, and less pandering to the artist than Loeb's stuff.

Robin said:
Why is there an eleven issue gap in this collection?
Good question, though a better one might be: "Why are they bothering to include issue #66 here at all?"

Issues 56-58 were part of the "War Games" storyline, and didn't feature Hush at all from what I remember.

Issue 59 was pretty much a stand alone issue featuring Mr. Freeze.

Issues 60-65 return to the Hush storyline. All six of those issues are tied together in one story that features the final fate of Poison Ivy, and Hush's role in it. I'm guessing it'll be collected into it's own TPB later.

Issue 66 was, IMO, one of the weakest, pointless stand-alone stories in the title in the past couple of years, which basically just recaps Prometheus' origin. I don't know why they'd bother to include it here other than as filler.

Spider-Man

Clayface said:
Issue 66 was, IMO, one of the weakest, pointless stand-alone stories in the title in the past couple of years, which basically just recaps Prometheus' origin. I don't know why they'd bother to include it here other than as filler.
I re-read this isse after I read this post and I see no reason to include it in the collection. It focuses on Promotheus and also mentions events from issue #65 and is also supposed to be continued in JSA Classified #5. Why include this issue? Why not include Gotham Knights #67 as a nice capper to the trade? Sure it ends on that great Alfred cliffhanger but it'd be a better inclusion than issue #66.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I kinda like Phil Collins and am not afraid to say so!! (don't tell anyone)
Seriously, why can't Boomerang switch back to their original brand and air classic cartoons again?
Steven Universe. Where you are not allowed to reference marriage, childbirth and any sort of relation.
Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.