• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Batman: Hush" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Assuming it's in-continuity I don't think they would bring in someone who already had such a high-profile role from another movie to play a different high-profile role :sweat:.

It would also mean O'Mara's Batman fighting his dad, since Conroy voiced Thomas Wayne :p.
It's interesting because we now have two sets of rumored voice actors. Yesterday, we got Jason O'Mara, Jerry O'Connell, Tara Strong, Rainn Wilson, Bruce Thomas and Vanessa Williams. Last year, we got Kevin Conroy, Steve Blum, Jill Talley, Tasia Valenza, and Wally Wingert. Granted, this could be just made up. But the possibilities...

Frontier

Staff member
Didn't notice this earlier, but the Revenge of the Fans article was updated, and now it also includes Rebecca Romijn, Hynden Walch, Jennifer Morrison, Peyton List and Sachie Alessio.
Rebecca Romijn means more Lois :D!

I wonder if Hynden Walch is playing Batgirl :)?

Be kind of funny if List reprises Ivy from Gotham:p.

Jennifer Morrison for Catwoman, maybe? I could see List fitting as well ;).

Sachie Alessio...I've never seen her in anything, but Lady Shiva, maybe :confused:?

Frontier

Staff member
Or Harley Quinn ;)
I would be down for Walch playing Harley again, but if this is in-continuity, they're probably going to have Tara play Harley again (since she's already rumored to be in the cast).

In-before they switch it around and Tara is Batgirl again while Walch is Harley :p.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Is Batgirl in HUSH? It's been a while since I've read it.

I can also see them replacing Huntress with Batwoman in their continuity which is a bit of a shame.

Frontier

Staff member
Is Batgirl in HUSH? It's been a while since I've read it.
I think Cass had a small appearance, but that's about it.

I only assume Batgirl will be in it since, if this is in-continuity, the big tease at the end of Bad Blood was her showing up, so I would imagine they'd follow up on that in the next in-continuity Batman film.

-batmat-

I can't say that I'm excited about Hush being in the new 52 continuity, I am really tired of the style and I haven't liked any of the films that came with it that much.

But Hush is a great story and I look forward to see what they do with it.

Dallas Kinard

I can't say that I'm excited about Hush being in the new 52 continuity, I am really tired of the style and I haven't liked any of the films that came with it that much.

But Hush is a great story and I look forward to see what they do with it.
Agreed. I was looking forward to a Jim Lee inspired animation style.

Frontier

Staff member
Somehow I get the sense that Jim Krieg may end up writing this.

Not only because he's been involved with the writing of the past two 2019 films, but because he also has experience writing for Batman movies involving the Dark Knight hunting a mysterious new foe and with major emphasis on his relationship with one Selina Kyle ;).

beyond94

I love to hear Peyton List as Poison Ivy in the New 52 animated shared world. She'd be awesome. However if Catwoman is coming I hope Wes Gleason would go with Supergirl's Katie McGrath. She and Jason O'Mara I feel would have great voice acting chemistry with their Batman and Catwoman roles

I think Cass had a small appearance, but that's about it.

I only assume Batgirl will be in it since, if this is in-continuity, the big tease at the end of Bad Blood was her showing up, so I would imagine they'd follow up on that in the next in-continuity Batman film.
If Batgirl does appear I hope Mr Glleason will cast Katherine McNamara of Shadowhunters and Arrow to voice Barbara Gordon

Mod Note: Beyond94, please don't post back-to-back, instead just edit your first post with the new content. Please do that next time and going forward. Thank you.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Now that Justice League vs. The Fatal Five's release dates have been confirmed as March 30 and April 16... it's interesting to note April 16 was the alleged release day for Batman: Hush. Now that we have the correct order down pat again, perhaps the 'wrong date' for Fatal Five is Hush's physical release date, August 6.

Frontier

Staff member
Now that Justice League vs. The Fatal Five's release dates have been confirmed as March 30 and April 16... it's interesting to note April 16 was the alleged release day for Batman: Hush. Now that we have the correct order down pat again, perhaps the 'wrong date' for Fatal Five is Hush's physical release date, August 6.
Yeah, with the release for JLvsFF, I think it's pretty likely Hush is going to be late July/early August :).

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I am guessing a July 20th digital release (if they stick with the Saturday dates for these), and the traditional screening at Comic-Con before that. It's kind of weird the dates were switched between this and Fatal Five, but it does match the initial reports from last year's Comic-Con announcement.

On another note, I don't expect there will be much news about this until after Fatal Five comes out, with a Sneak Peek of this movie. I am kind of curious how the cover artwork will look, given the initial one for Fatal Five is pretty much completely different from the placeholder art leaked online, as far as I can tell.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, that's what I based my guess on. The switched dates between this and Fatal Five was brought up just a couple of comments above mine, if you missed it.