"Batman: Hush" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
During the DCU Streaming Service panel, it was mentioned Hush will 'debut on the service.'

What that means... I guess the plan is to eventually debut the digital release first on DCU instead of venues like iTunes.

Frontier

Staff member
During the DCU Streaming Service panel, it was mentioned Hush will 'debut on the service.'

What that means... I guess the plan is to eventually debut the digital release first on DCU instead of venues like iTunes.
I was wondering how they would be handling the Animated Features :).

Exclusive access to the movies first-day digital seems like a good idea ;).

I'm also curious if the same will hold true for other movies...like the Lego films and such? Although there isn't any trace of anything DC Super Hero Girls related on the service as far as I've found :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I'm not sure how reliable the site is, but DVD Release Dates reports the movie comes out on April 16th, 2019.

They also list some of the cast and a brief log-line.
Actor(s): Kevin Conroy, Steve Blum, Jill Talley, Tasia Valenza, Wally Wingert
Overview: Animated film based on the popular comic book written by Jeph Loeb.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not sure how reliable the site is, but DVD Release Dates reports the movie comes out on April 16th, 2019.

They also list some of the cast and a brief log-line.
Well, Kevin Conroy definitely indicates this is an Elseworlds or independent film, rather then an in-continuity movie :).

I wonder if Steve Blum is Thomas Elliot/Hush or possibly the Joker (assuming they don't bring Hamill in)? He is billed second after Conroy...

Jill Talley is Tom Kenny's wife...would be an out-of-the-box choice for Catwoman o_O.

I'm betting Tasia Valenzia and Wally Wingert are reprising Poison Ivy and Riddler respectively ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So they claim Hush and the Fatal Five movies swapped release dates. Hmm. I guess there could have been a production delay that necessitated it...

EDIT: Amazon has the date, too.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, the dates being changed around was one of the reasons I wasn't sure if this was accurate. I didn't think of checking Amazon, just saw this site cited as a source somewhere else and followed up on that. I guess Amazon is a more credible source, but the date could still change. We should find out the next title in January when Reign of the Supermen is released.

Otaku-sempai

I know that I am going to try to resist submitting any info on the upcoming DC Universe animated movies to IMDb until I see something more official from WB press releases.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Conroy's been listed on IMDB for ages... so that's where that site probably got it's cast info from. Not buying it just yet.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Steve Blum has been in a few Batman projects (not necessarily always with Kevin Conroy), so him being in the movie isn't too surprising. I'm not sure if IMDb still says it, but it mentioned how he would voice Clayface.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

I'm not sure Clayface even speaks in the comic book, but Killer Croc has some significant scenes and Blum is the main voice of the character in the ARKHAM video game series.

The whole IMDb listing, outside of Talley, seems like fanboy casting. But I gues we'll have to wait and see.

Frontier

Staff member
If JLvsFF is the only out-of-continuity film this year (which would explain why Tucker has this and Bloodlines on his twitter and not that film), I wonder if that means all the "solo" movies this year will be in-continuity (although Reign of the Supermen isn't really a solo Superman movie by any stretch of the imagination)?

Frontier

Staff member
Jason O'Mara, Jerry O'Connell, Tara Strong, Rainn Wilson, Bruce Thomas and Vanessa Williams are rumored to be part of the cast.
Seems further indication that the film will be in-continuity, if Timm being on JLvsFF and Tucker having this listed on his Twitter wasn't enough of a hint :).

Kind of seems like they're just listing names of people who have been in past DC Animated Feature films, not that that rules out it being accurate and they're just reprising their roles...I mean, if we're getting the Superman fight, O'Connell kind of has to be in it, and I guess if they fit in the Joker appearance they can also work in Harley (and maybe that's where Waller comes in :confused:?).

It's nice that they remember who's voicing Gordon since he hasn't really done much in the movies up to this point (maybe he'll get to meet Batgirl?) :p.

I don't remember Luthor showing up in Hush but depending on what happens in Reign of the Supermen there might be a variety of ways they could fit him in.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't remember Luthor showing up in Hush but depending on what happens in Reign of the Supermen there might be a variety of ways they could fit him in.
Yeah, if I remember right, he was President during that story arc and one of the incidents was Batman rescuing someone connected to Luthor from Killer Croc. But on the former, I doubt enough time had passed for a presidential bid so they may excise that bit.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, if I remember right, he was President during that story arc and one of the incidents was Batman rescuing someone connected to Luthor from Killer Croc. But on the former, I doubt enough time had passed for a presidential bid so they may excise that bit.
I would also say "they've done it before" in the movies, but then again they also killed Superman again :p.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

This was pretty clear when Tucker ''promoted'' his involvement with this project on his twitter and O'Mara proudly declared the title at Comic-Con last year.

Oh well, it's not how I would have approached an adaptation of the comic, but what can you do.

Frontier

Staff member
<smacks forehead> Or they got Rainn Wilson to voice Hush/Tommy.
Assuming it's in-continuity I don't think they would bring in someone who already had such a high-profile role from another movie to play a different high-profile role :sweat:.
On the other hand, it would be amusing to have O'Mara/Batman vs. Conroy/Hush.
It would also mean O'Mara's Batman fighting his dad, since Conroy voiced Thomas Wayne :p.