"Batman: Hush" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I presume the DC Showcase short won't be screened along with the movie ( and they're saving it for the home-media and digital releases). I don't recall how they handled the previous ones... don't even remember if they used to premiere movies at Comic-Con back then.

Maybe those 15 minutes between the panel and the encore of the movie are reserved for announcing the movies for next year. :p

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I presume the DC Showcase short won't be screened along with the movie ( and they're saving it for the home-media and digital releases). I don't recall how they handled the previous ones... don't even remember if they used to premiere movies at Comic-Con back then.
Hard to say about the ones packaged. But yes, I think the focus is on Hush and announcing the next slate. I don't remember PR for them that way back but I know the longer one, Superman/Shazam, they showed footage at a NYCC then screened it at a Long Beach Comic Con in late 2010. But I digress. It's a bit of surprise they chose to stream Hush on the old August 13 date instead of moving it up to the 6th, too.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Yeah, I was expecting DC Universe to have dibs on the new movies and have them exclusively on their service for a while. Or at the very least, the same date as the general release. Just like their original series are there for a while before ending up on other streaming sites or home-media releases.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Yep, they definitely have Bane filling in for Killer Croc right down to the kidnapping :).

So I wonder if this means the movie goes from that gala, to Batman going in to save the kid, to the chase with Catwoman? Because Hush originally opened with the kidnapping part :confused:.

They point out Bane isn't acting like he normally does, possibly setting up the reveal that it's not really him but Clayface.

Oh, and look, Shiva. And she has the exact same design she has from Young Justice :p.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I REALLY hope that this suit becomes the default from now on in this universe.
I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

I mean, I love classic looks and I love that they're going for a more comic-accurate look for Hush, but I'm not sure if I want it to be Batman's default look now given how out-of-place it would look in this universes general aesthetic.

If Superman had ended Reign wearing the classic suit, that would be another story.

Dallas Kinard

Apr 13, 2013
South Central Pennsylvania
I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

I mean, I love classic looks and I love that they're going for a more comic-accurate look for Hush, but I'm not sure if I want it to be Batman's default look now given how out-of-place it would look in this universes general aesthetic.

If Superman had ended Reign wearing the classic suit, that would be another story.
I think I'm just ready for change. We've seen these same designs for multiple features now and I'm just ready for something fresh.