"Batman: Gotham By Gaslight" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As part of the first "DC in D.C." weekend event, which will kickoff with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's World Premiere of the highly-anticipated DC Universe Movie, "Batman: Gotham By Gaslight" on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Friday, January 12
6:30–9:15 p.m.
Batman: Gotham By Gaslight Premiere Screening (For Mature Audiences 18+ Years of Age) — Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment provide a new take on Batman as a steampunk Dark Knight hunts Jack the Ripper through the shadows of turn of the century Gotham City in this all-new animated feature available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment January 23, 2018, on Digital and February 6, 2018, on Blu-ray and DVD. The premiere event is for mature audiences 18 years of age or older, will kick off with a cocktail reception and will be followed with a Q&A session with the film’s voice cast and producers. Newseum Theatre

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Here's the back cover for the UK release (similar to the US) revealing a 78 minute runtime. Can't quite remember if we knew this before, but there we go...

id6nwi.jpg

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
If you are in striking distance of the Washington DC area, be advised that tickets for the 1/12/18 screening of Batman: Gotham By Gaslight at the Newseum can now be reserved through Eventbrite. There is no charge for admission. If you think you can make it and want to go, I recommend submitting your RSVP sooner rather than later. I don't know how big the theater is but there's no guarantee this will be open for more than a few days.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/batman...vent-and-qa-tickets-41226450423?sf176718771=1

Otaku-sempai

The clip is there and viewable on Google Chrome and Firefox. Cannot confirm on Internet Explorer or any other browser. The clip is also available on the official Warner Bros. YouTube channel.
Huh. It must be on my end. Clips from previous stories are no longer playable for me either.

EDIT 01/13: Annnd, now the player is working for me again! Not that I'm complaining. :D

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I think it's cool that we get to see Bruce Greenwood play more into the Bruce Wayne side of things, albeit in a Victorian-era Bruce Wayne, since in both Under the Red Hood and Young Justice he had far more screentime as Batman :).

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I was wondering about this elsewhere, do we know who the character designer is?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
This might be a little controversial, but I kind of wish they went with a different art style for this one. While the animation looks beautiful, I think the character models are just a little too cartoony. Yes it makes it easier to animate with a limited budget and it provide a contrast to the more ''mature'' material being presented on the screen... but still.

It didn't have to look like Mike Mignola... I just wish they would experiment and take more chances with the visuals.

Otaku-sempai

I had not read before that The Doom That Came to Gotham is another Elseworlds tale that's high on the list for adaptation. I'd be up for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts