"Batman: Damned (2018 Mini-Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

• Today is the last day to enter the Spirited Away: GKids Ticket Giveaway. Enter soon! Details here.

Latest News

Rate and Discuss "Batman: Damned"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,231 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
DC Comics launches its DC Black Label mature readers line with Batman: Damned!

BATMAN: DAMNED #1

Art by: Lee Bermejo
Written by: Brian Azzarello

The Joker is dead.

There is no doubt about that. But whether Batman finally snapped his scrawny neck or some other sinister force in Gotham City did the deed is still a mystery.

Problem is, Batman can’t remember…and the more he digs into this labyrinthian case, the more his mind starts to doubt everything he’s uncovering.

So who better to set him straight than…John Constantine? Problem with that is as much as John loves a good mystery, he loves messing with people’s heads even more. So with John’s “help,” the pair will delve into the sordid underbelly of Gotham as they race toward the mind-blowing truth of who murdered The Joker.

BATMAN: DAMNED is a bimonthly super-natural horror story told by two of comics’ greatest modern creators—a visceral thrill-ride that proudly puts the “black” in BLACK LABEL.

Dicuss this new DC Comics title here!

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
I'd like to know why people are going nuts (no pun intended) over this comic because we see Batman's private parts. For over 20 years we've endlessly made fun of Joel Schumacher for basically doing the same thing (in TWO movies), but here it's "ok".

The only people who should have been allowed to buy this at cover price once the ebay markup started, should have been people who already pre ordered, had it on their list, or people who own Batman and Robin on DVD or Blu-ray.

I didn't really care for the size of the comic itself. I was disappointed they just didn't make it a normal sized comic. I hope all the other DC Black books aren't like this. If they are, DC should do something like Marvel is doing and make a DC Black illustrated comic book box and do special bags and boards. I have no idea where I'm gonna put my copy.

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
The only people who should have been allowed to buy this at cover price once the ebay markup started, should have been people who already pre ordered, had it on their list, or people who own Batman and Robin on DVD or Blu-ray.
What does this even mean?

I agree that the stink over this comic is ridiculous especially since its a mature readers book meant for 18+. I guess people need to complain about something. That said the comic itself was fine. I thought the artwork was stunning and the format really helped to show it off but the writing didn't really grab me all that much. I am curious to see where it goes but I might just wait for the collection at this point. Still that artwork will likely bring me back as its just so gorgeous.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.