"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I don't think Caped Crusader airing alongside King of Atlantis would be that much different than Kids' WB! airing The New Batman/Superman Adventures alongside Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain or The Batman paired with Johnny Test over the years.

Also unless we're talking re-runs, King of Atlantis has only 3 episodes so it should premiere and end long before Caped Crusader comes out.
Man, the Kids' WB! Days! I'm not saying it'll be exactly like that, but that hits me right in the nostalgia feels :).

the greenman

It was pretty clear from the initial press release that this would be family friendly. When did "family friendly" = wacky TTG! humour?

This is going for that all ages B:TAS vibe. It doesn't matter what show it airs alongside of.
Honestly though, do you think they'd do Wacky, Goofy humor stuff like TTG!? Nope. I think Aquaman being Wan is an opportunity to flex a little bit.

EDIT: I just will wait & see. Timm is up to something.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

colomb

I wonder what the animation/budget will be like for this show. This could be the first time since DC Nation that CN has something more expensive looking.

colomb

Not really. YJ's first two seasons looked more expensive than the one season on DC Universe.

I said DC Nation the block, I wasn't talking about how season 3 looked, which I really disliked. I was saying this could be the most expensive original content on the channel since Young Justice: Invasion.

hobbyfan

This actually sounds pretty great to me. A family friendly Sunday night block is the perfect place for this new Batman show.

This should get some proper exposure between HBO Max and 'Acme-Night' on CN.

Ironically, when Fox launched Batman: The Animated Series in 1992, they tested it out in primetime on Sundays.

Mandouga

Ironically, when Fox launched Batman: The Animated Series in 1992, they tested it out in primetime on Sundays.

I don’t know. I…think they did afterwards, actually. My understanding is that they considered moving the show to primetime, so they tested that out with the commercials for it even calling it “Batman: The Series” (without the “Animated”), but decided not to do it after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the greenman

I don’t know. I…think they did afterwards, actually. My understanding is that they considered moving the show to primetime, so they tested that out with the commercials for it even calling it “Batman: The Series” (without the “Animated”), but decided to to do it after all.

Yeah, I remember when that happened. I think there was an hour of The Simpsons and Batman TAS.

Mandouga

I goofed, everyone. I meant to say they decided "not" to do it after all (air it in primetime, I mean). I'm sorry for any confusion. I went back and corrected my post.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

I don’t know. I…think they did afterwards, actually. My understanding is that they considered moving the show to primetime, so they tested that out with the commercials for it even calling it “Batman: The Series” (without the “Animated”), but decided not to do it after all.

At least one episode did premiere in prime time before the series started its regular run. I seem to remember the episode featuring Catwoman, though I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I said DC Nation the block, I wasn't talking about how season 3 looked, which I really disliked. I was saying this could be the most expensive original content on the channel since Young Justice: Invasion.
Green Lantern: TAS or Beware The Batman likely holds that honor as the most expensive from the DC Nation block as they were both CGI.

the greenman

At least one episode did premiere in prime time before the series started its regular run. I seem to remember the episode featuring Catwoman, though I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken!
I think that was "The Cat & the Claw". I'm going off memory, cause I have nothing to look that up officially.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think that was "The Cat & the Claw". I'm going off memory, cause I have nothing to look that up officially.
Over a dozen BTAS aired in primetime. No, the first one was "On Leather Wings" on September 5, 1992. I'm pretty sure someone started a thread here to try and catalogue them.

EDIT: Here's that thread. Continue the discussion about BTAS primetime airings there and let's continue on with Caped Crusader talk here. Thanks.

Last edited:

colomb

Maybe DC Animation on TV can really make a comeback...
Does Tom Ascheim overseeing both WBA and Cartoon Network help? I heard that in the past CN has given preference to its own content over the DC stuff from WBA.
Green Lantern: TAS or Beware The Batman likely holds that honor as the most expensive from the DC Nation block as they were both CGI.
I was thinking that, but since the timeframe is roughly the same (2013) and YJ is the show more people care about I just went with that.

Frontier

Staff member
DCKids Fandome announced the show will premier 2023.

Interview with the crew on the series:

- Bruce Timm returning to the roots without the standards and practices that were involved in the development of B:TAS.

- Batman is solo, low-tech and building up his gadgets and vehicles, and Bruce Wayne is completely fake.

- Batman is initially distrusted by the police and building up his relationship with Gordon. A "redemption" story that will develop character relationships.

- Very inspired by the Strange Days short, but not in black and white (unless James Tucker can talk Bruce Timm into a special).

- 40's style in terms of costumes and vehicles, but more inclusive.

Last edited:

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Timm & Tucker confirmed some things just a minute ago:
- more BTAS than BTAS...so, all the kid glove limitations are expected to be lifted
- Strange Days was basically the pitch
- he'll start off low-tech and develop the gadgets as they go along
- same with his typical allies who aren't yet amicable to Batman

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
YES! I've wanted Timm and Tucker working together again for some time now. They are a good pairing and will once again do wonderful stuff together.

Everything sounds great to me but I really wish they would have announced Batman's voice actor. I mean, all signs point to Conroy, right? Then again, even if Timm wants him, WB could simply tell him to hire someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts