"Batman Beyond: The Complete Series" Blu-ray/Digital HD Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman Beyond: The Complete Series" - Rate and Discuss the HD Remaster of Batman Beyond!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The ground-breaking animated series is now available in HD on Digital and Blu-ray! Discuss the release right here!

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series
Studio:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
Release Date: Digital HD - October 15, 2019, Limited Edition Blu-Ray Set - October 29, 2019

Synopsis: The extraordinary Batman Beyond: The Complete Animated Series Limited Edition package features approximately 1,500 minutes of entertainment spread over four Blu-ray discs, plus the two bonus discs of enhanced content. In addition to a newly-remastered Blu-ray presentation of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, there are 15 featurettes on the bonus discs, highlighted by two new inside looks at the beloved television series, led by Nostalgic Tomorrow, a gathering of Batman Beyond production talent and cast led by executive producer Bruce Timm and actors Kevin Conroy and Will Friedle, the voices of Batman and Terry McGinnis, respectively. The bonus discs also spotlight four episodes with audio commentary from Timm and select members of the production team.

Collectibles within the stunning packaging include an exclusive chrome Batman Beyond Funko POP, and four beautifully-designed lenticular art cards produced especially for Batman Beyond: The Complete Animated Series Limited Edition. This ultimate collectors Blu-ray box set will be individually numbered for a Limited Edition release of 50,000.

Batman Beyond: The Complete Animated Series Limited Edition Enhanced Content includes
-Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Many of Batman Beyond’s core production team and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animate series. Join producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
-Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight’s 80 years of crime fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.
-“Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.
-Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.
-Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
-Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.

Click here for a details rundown of the set's extensive bonus content!

Discuss this epic home media release right here at The DC Animation Forum!

Related Discussion:

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series WF Review (Spoilers)
Batman: The Complete Animated Series Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
Batman Beyond: The Complete Animated Series DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
Justice League Unlimited"Epilogue" Talkback (Spoilers)
Justice League Unlimited "The Once and Future Thing, Part 2: Time Warped" Talkback (Spoilers)
Justice League Unlimited "The Once and Future Thing, Part 1: Wild Western Tales" Talkback (Spoilers)

Static Shock "Future Shock" Talkback (Spoilers)
The Zeta Project "Shadows" Talkback (Spoilers)
Batman Beyond DC Nation Short Talkback (Spoilers)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Soundtrack Talkback
Batman Beyond Soundtrack Talkback

Dusty

Superman.
Hopefully this is the right place to ask... but do we know if WB will release a regular jewel case version like they did with BTAS?

-batmat-

No, there won't be a non-deluxe edition for this release. There will be just one kind, the set that comes out next week.
WHAT!? Really? That's dissapointing. But I did see this on blu-ray.com....

Batman Beyond Blu-ray

Are you sure ? EDIT: Just saw that tweet, Gary was just replying to someone asking if there was a regular version available, presumably at the moment. He must have replied ''no'', truthfully, but wanting everyone to get the limited edition now. It makes no sense to have the limited edition being the only edition.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Gary is in the business of selling. I wouldn't always take his word as gospel in these matters.

The 'Vanilla Edition' is rumoured for December. We'll just have to wait and see if it comes to pass.

Dusty

Superman.
Dern. I waited for the vanilla BTAS release as the price was MUCH easier to swallow, plus I can’t stand the book/foldout type cases. I guess I could just create my own like I did Justice League. But I’ll wait for a Walmart, Target, or Best Buy sale Of this for hopefully $60-70.

Spider-Man

Didn't they say the same last year with Batman: TAS? I think it's safe to say that one version is coming. Blu-ray.com even has cover art for it: Batman Beyond Blu-ray

I assume WB will do what they did with Batman: TAS and release one sometime in late November and they will not confirm it until the day is comes out. I bet we'll see listings on retailer sites soon.

Dusty

Superman.
I’m so impatient. I skipped the BTAS set as the price was really steep at the time. I want to wait for a regular jewel case set of this... but I do fear this may not sell as well as BTAS so we may not get that for a long while. I also have a Best Buy coupon I can use and can get this for about the price I got the jewel case BTAS set.... dernit what should I do? ‍♂

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A comparison clip from Batman Beyond: The Complete Series showcasing the HD remaster was released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. It is available to view at The World's Finest.

Dusty

Superman.
Colors seem a bit off on the remastered side. I'm cautious about this.
That’s because when they were animated they were using cel animation cell color... that’s why they were warmer colors when they switched to doing digital coloring in season two

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm about 4 episodes in, and the differences - especially the brightness/darkness of the colors is noticeable. Definitely an improvement. Though of course, you can tell the sets/props are painted in the old school way. The new color tone definitely reminded of the later seasons but I haven't yet watched the season two and on material but that should be another comparison test.

Dusty

Superman.
I bought this, but I’m still on the fence about opening it. I made a custom cover for justice League season one set and it’s so much cooler than the one WB made, so I guess I could do the same here and then just have the collectible stuff in my giant memorabilia closet. lol
They might do a vanilla release, but it’ll only be 5-$10 bucks less most likely.
hmmm:robin:

JonnyModlin

When will the standard edition of Batman Beyond: The Complete Series on Blu-Ray be released and be available to order?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World's Finest has posted up its review of Batman Beyond: The Complete Series. To check it out, click here or on the image below:

What do you think of the collection?

Dusty

Superman.
When will the standard edition of Batman Beyond: The Complete Series on Blu-Ray be released and be available to order?
I asked the same thing... nobody except WBA knows. It’s silly they don’t offer both versions, but “eh” I guess.
I have had my copy unopened since release (I have a 45 day return policy.) So I was waiting to see if they’d announce a vanilla release or if I’d have time to just make my own jewel case covers.
I may open it this week, I’m not sure.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Amazon UK are now listing Batman Beyond - The Complete Series (Regular Edition) for £60. Frankly, it's not that much cheaper than the deluxe at £70, but the packaging is nicer, I think.

The Deluxe Edition is already OOP over here in the UK (WB never seems to realise how popular these shows are). US fans on the fence may want to hold off a little while longer if Funkos and art cards aren't your thing, as I'm sure the regular edition is coming soon as well (No matter what Gary says).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If you're in the US and plan to just get this Region Free set from Amazon UK, I would just caution you if you never bought a Region Free Blu-ray before - be aware there's a still possibility your player still won't play it. For example, in the past, I've had issues with a Samsung player not working but a standard, no frills Sony player working.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts