Batman Beyond "Once Burned" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Episode

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Ten returns . . .

12.jpg

Episode #20 - Once Burned
Original Airdate - November 6th, 1999.

Terry's emotion resolve is put to the test when Ten from the Royal Flush Gang, reverts back to a life of crime. The situation is further complicated when she has to steal to save her family from kidnappers.

Comments?

czyznyck99

I've never reviewed this episode before, so here I go...

I liked it. Melanie is the kind of character I can relate to, she doesn't exactly know what is right, but isn't intentionally trying to wrong either. Batman/Terry thinks he knows exactly what is right, but at the same time he's very strongly attracted to something he sees as bad. It made great drama, my only wish is the Dana had been more involved (she's the one character I think was underused in the show). Terry should feel bad, but I think he got the best case scenario. Ten is for the most part legally safe and away from her family, and out of Terry's life for good.

Another great point in the episode was the concept of the Derby. This is actually one of the points where I started respecting Terry as a really cool version of Batman. This is a great shade of the Batman episode "Almost Got 'Im," where Batman plays his rogues' gallery for patsies to save Catwoman, the same way Terry gets the Derby to attack the Royal Flush Gang to stop them. It was great to see.

Later.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
This is one of my favorite BB episodes. The plot and character development is top-notch. I really felt for Melanie's plight, and the final scene where Terry throws away her note and dismisses it as "nothing" tugs on my heartstrings every time, even though I know he did the right thing by putting Ten behind him and sticking with the girl he loved. I agree with czyznyck that Dana should have had a bigger part in this episode. They could have done a lot of great stuff with this love triangle.

Wolf Boy2

HE THREW IT AWAY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!:eek:

Now I will spend the rest of my life wondering what the hell that letter said.:crying:

ShadowStar

HE THREW IT AWAY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!:eek:

Now I will spend the rest of my life wondering what the hell that letter said.:crying:

I couldn't think about anything else when Batman Beyond was on for years... until I finally saw "King's Ransom" (last year) and Ten hinted at what was in the note... but we still don't know what it said. :mad: :crying:

Donomark

I always thought it was an intersting move to have Terry cheat on Dan with Ten (even if it was for a brief time). It was a real "chink in the armor" move by the writers.

ROBOTRON

100% Pure Robot!
:D - Excellent...4 stars.

Dana is hot but this chick was hotter, too bad she was damaged goods. Good episode showing Terry's love life...which is something I normally don't care to see in an animated toon. GL and Hawkgirl's romance is where I changed my mind about stuff like that. Their romance is what made JL great towards the end.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts