Batman Beyond/Justice League Unlimited: Who would they fight?

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
17,257
Location
Washington
While Batman Beyond Season 4 never got made, it was mentioned that The JLU would have made a good number of appearances. Which fights could you see happening? Mine are:

Injustice Gang Unlimited: Members include- Jax-Ur, Mala, Brainiac, Grodd, Sinestro, Shriek and Stalker

Darkseid

Vandal Savage



Any ideas?
 

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Messages
27,819
Location
Castle Wyvern, Missouri
Mr. Mxyzptlk should still be around too. I really hope we get to see some more of him some day.

Closer to the topic though, I would have really liked to have seen what Vandal Savage was cooking up in 2039, considering what we've seen in Justice League. With the expanded focus, it might also have been interesting to see what became of Lexcorp.
 

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
Joined
May 14, 2002
Messages
9,966
Location
Ontario
A Vandal Savage appearance in the future would rock, and there's so many possibilities for him.

That Darkseid has survived this long is not guaranteed - at least in Kingdom Come, Orion eventually beat Darkseid and took over Apokolips. It's quite possible something similiar could've happened in the DCAU as well.
 

Crimson

Weirdo From Another Planet
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
860
Location
Around
Antiyonder said:
Any ideas?
AMAZO's return, after decades away from Earth during which time he absorbed even more powers, would certainly be a very tough challenge for the JLU
 

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
30,029
Location
Framingham, MA
Why would Grodd still be around? Does he have a long life span? I thought Jax-Ur and Mala were sucked into a black hole. I like the future Injustice Gang though I would use more of Terry's foes and new characters. Mxy is good but I want to see Amazo fight the current Justice League.
 

Bones Justice

Bring on the noise!
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
4,698
Location
Lots of places
Agreed, it should be more a mix of BB villains than old ones. Maybe a team like Spellbinder, Golem, Curare, Inque, Shriek, and Blight as the leader. They would probably want to add in at least one or two brand-new villains to add something new to the mix.

Long-time solo villains could be Darkseid, Vandal Savage, Brainiac, and maybe Morgan LeFey. And how long does a guy like Lobo live? He could still be around causing trouble. Likewise, Rhas Al Ghul, that guy could maybe still be alive somehow.

The Amazo robot could be really big trouble. I don't think they would fare any better than the JL did. I wonder how well the Justice Lords would have done against it? For that matter, a future version of the Lords could make a good opponent for the BB-JLU, too, though the story might be too similar to the original to be played out again.
 

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
30,029
Location
Framingham, MA
Bones Justice said:
Agreed, it should be more a mix of BB villains than old ones. Maybe a team like Spellbinder, Golem, Curare, Inque, Shriek, and Blight as the leader. They would probably want to add in at least one or two brand-new villains to add something new to the mix.

Long-time solo villains could be Darkseid, Vandal Savage, Brainiac, and maybe Morgan LeFey. And how long does a guy like Lobo live? He could still be around causing trouble. Likewise, Rhas Al Ghul, that guy could maybe still be alive somehow.

The Amazo robot could be really big trouble. I don't think they would fare any better than the JL did. I wonder how well the Justice Lords would have done against it? For that matter, a future version of the Lords could make a good opponent for the BB-JLU, too, though the story might be too similar to the original to be played out again.
Ra's' story was wrapped up in "Out of the Past".

I also think they would have to add quite a few new villians. Aside from the fact that Terry has beaten every single one of his foes I have a feeling Supes could get rid of them even quicker. (Not to mention Asian GL, Barda, or Warhawk.) Just like a modern Injustice Gang featuring all-Batman rogues would be hard to pull off a future version would be tough too, although there ARE some BB villians who COULD pose a serious threat like Inque and Spellbinder. (Okay, Spellbinder's lame but his powers are freaky.)
 

Knight

Emerald Knight
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
7,748
Location
Earth
Bones Justice said:
Agreed, it should be more a mix of BB villains than old ones. Maybe a team like Spellbinder, Golem, Curare, Inque, Shriek, and Blight as the leader. They would probably want to add in at least one or two brand-new villains to add something new to the mix.
I dont see a Injustice Gang team being made up of totally Batman villains and isnt Blight dead? He never came back from going down with the ship.
 

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Messages
27,819
Location
Castle Wyvern, Missouri
I always hoped to see Blight again some day. When he was going down with the ship, the dialogue seemed to imply that he could still come back. However, we never did see him after that. Maybe the new season would have been his time.
 

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
30,029
Location
Framingham, MA
William C. Maune said:
I always hoped to see Blight again some day. When he was going down with the ship, the dialogue seemed to imply that he could still come back. However, we never did see him after that. Maybe the new season would have been his time.
Agreed. However a JLU story would be a bad idea for him. We need to see Terry take him down on his own. A DTV perhaps?
 

Nick K.

Active Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
7,464
I would definitely use 2 of Batman's villains: Inque & Shriek or Spellbinder

The rest to rival our heroes would be difficult since we wouldnt know what happened to them, but I'd throw in:

The Shade who is immortal and etc.??
 

Knight

Emerald Knight
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
7,748
Location
Earth
The JL Kid said:
I would definitely use 2 of Batman's villains: Inque & Shriek or Spellbinder

The rest to rival our heroes would be difficult since we wouldnt know what happened to them, but I'd throw in:

The Shade who is immortal and etc.??
Since when is The Shade Immortal?
 

Nick K.

Active Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
7,464
Knight said:
Since when is The Shade Immortal?

Since forever. Go to the JL Watchtower and read up on him. Also, in Secret Society he makes a comment about fighting for a long, long time...

Its a throw away comment like feet of clay in Maid of Honor...
 

Knight

Emerald Knight
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
7,748
Location
Earth
The JL Kid said:
Since forever. Go to the JL Watchtower and read up on him. Also, in Secret Society he makes a comment about fighting for a long, long time...

Its a throw away comment like feet of clay in Maid of Honor...
I've read up on him now. I never realized that immortality was something he possessed.
 

b.t.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
1,401
Knight said:
I dont see a Injustice Gang team being made up of totally Batman villains and isnt Blight dead? He never came back from going down with the ship.

the idea of blight forming/leading an "injustice gang beyond" DOES have a certain appeal....powers was obviously modeled after luthor to a degree (the whole "suave but evil tycoon" thing), and here's a fun fact: when we were casting the superman series, sherman howard was our front-runner for lex; in fact, for an hour or two, he had a lock on the part, until later that day, when clancy brown came in to audition...for SUPERMAN!

now, as interesting as clancy would have been as supes, it just didn't quite work, but since we had him there in the booth, we asked him if he'd mind reading for luthor...he half-jokingly grumbled about never getting to play the good guy, and then NAILED luthor instantly....we made a mental note to keep sherman in mind for future parts, and several years later pretty much tailor-made the derek powers character for him....

also, powers' fall from respectability in "ascension" parallel's lex's decline in "injustice for all", so it'd be interesting to see history repeating itself again in the b-beyond world, with the creation of a new injustice gang.....

and as for blight really being dead: section 94-d, paragraph 12 of the Supervillain Code clearly states, and i quote, "...unless a corpse is actually shown, pronounced 'dead', and subsequently buried or cremated, said villain can NOT under any circumstances be considered to be 'deceased' " ...un-quote...
 

Knight

Emerald Knight
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
7,748
Location
Earth
b.t. said:
the idea of blight forming/leading an "injustice gang beyond" DOES have a certain appeal....powers was obviously modeled after luthor to a degree (the whole "suave but evil tycoon" thing), and here's a fun fact: when we were casting the superman series, sherman howard was our front-runner for lex; in fact, for an hour or two, he had a lock on the part, until later that day, when clancy brown came in to audition...for SUPERMAN!

now, as interesting as clancy would have been as supes, it just didn't quite work, but since we had him there in the booth, we asked him if he'd mind reading for luthor...he half-jokingly grumbled about never getting to play the good guy, and then NAILED luthor instantly....we made a mental note to keep sherman in mind for future parts, and several years later pretty much tailor-made the derek powers character for him....

also, powers' fall from respectability in "ascension" parallel's lex's decline in "injustice for all", so it'd be interesting to see history repeating itself again in the b-beyond world, with the creation of a new injustice gang.....

and as for blight really being dead: section 94-d, paragraph 12 of the Supervillain Code clearly states, and i quote, "...unless a corpse is actually shown, pronounced 'dead', and subsequently buried or cremated, said villain can NOT under any circumstances be considered to be 'deceased' " ...un-quote...
I must have lost that page. :D

Sooo...I guess a Blight led Injustice Gang isnt too far fetched a idea.

I remember reading Clancy Brown had read for Supes so that was no surprise but I didn't know Sherman Howard read for Lex. Nice info.
 

DerekPowers

Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
5,079
Location
TriState Area
b.t. said:
the idea of blight forming/leading an "injustice gang beyond" DOES have a certain appeal....powers was obviously modeled after luthor to a degree (the whole "suave but evil tycoon" thing), and here's a fun fact: when we were casting the superman series, sherman howard was our front-runner for lex; in fact, for an hour or two, he had a lock on the part, until later that day, when clancy brown came in to audition...for SUPERMAN!

now, as interesting as clancy would have been as supes, it just didn't quite work, but since we had him there in the booth, we asked him if he'd mind reading for luthor...he half-jokingly grumbled about never getting to play the good guy, and then NAILED luthor instantly....we made a mental note to keep sherman in mind for future parts, and several years later pretty much tailor-made the derek powers character for him....

also, powers' fall from respectability in "ascension" parallel's lex's decline in "injustice for all", so it'd be interesting to see history repeating itself again in the b-beyond world, with the creation of a new injustice gang.....

and as for blight really being dead: section 94-d, paragraph 12 of the Supervillain Code clearly states, and i quote, "...unless a corpse is actually shown, pronounced 'dead', and subsequently buried or cremated, said villain can NOT under any circumstances be considered to be 'deceased' " ...un-quote...


cool. nice to know. derek powers has always been a personal favorite of mine ;) . his story added so much dimension to both terry and bruce's worlds, that when he never returned, i think the series felt the loss, in a way.

anyway, i'd much rather see blight return in a full-fledged, 100% batman beyond story, rather than a "cross-over" episode.

if the JLU (of our time ofcourse) and terry were ever to team up, i think a mixed bag of BB villians would be cool, like inque, curare, maybe ones we saw only once, like Dr. cuvier, or as i like to remember him, chimera.

vandel savage would be a pretty good leader of the IGU. Or even brainiac, although brainiac seems to be done to death by now. maybe if he evloved to a new version of brainac in bb's time. and amazo would be nice there too.

how about grundy? maybe by terry's time he's re-awakend again? Or like an elderly killer frost? that could be cool. so many possibilities, i could go on and on...

peace.
 

Toddman

Hulk not good with words.
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
5,516
Location
St. Louis, MO
Knight said:
I remember reading Clancy Brown had read for Supes so that was no surprise but I didn't know Sherman Howard read for Lex. Nice info.
Interesting trivia: Sherman Howard actually played a live-action version of Luthor in the Superboy TV series from the early 90's.

Hey, if there's ever a flashback sequence in JLU to animated Luthor's earlier years (pre-STAS), it would be great if Michael Rosenbaum supplied the voice.

Toddman
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Squall

Calm Before The Storm
Joined
Jul 4, 2001
Messages
7,038
Location
Austin, TX, USA
I would love to see a "Justice League Unlimited" show, with two seasons of two-parters and three-parters (like the original "Justice League" was) with an equally rounded out series of plot threads. And they could even make the IGU episode a model of JL's "Injustice For All" with the plot, like Mr. Timm advised. :) Blight reveals himself to still be alive, and organizes a gang whose sole purpose is to kill Batman Beyond and the JLU (well, since Luthor wanted to kill Superman, and the JL was a bonus, Blight would simliarly want to kill Batman, with the JLU being a bonus). Blight would hire Spellbinder, Shriek, the "Splicers" leader (forgot his name), The Shade (it's not a gang of supercriminals in the DCAU without The Shade! :p ), a newly made up Green Lantern villian, and and two other completely made up villians of JLU calibur (perhaps one to fit Superman, and one to fit Aquagirl). And, in a simliar way that Luthor's gang captured Batman and used him as bait, Blight's gang would capture Superman and use him as bait. :evil:

Hmmm... OK, how about this? Blight didn't hire Spellbinder; but, since he's so egotistical, he muscled his way into the gang after the first JLU/IGU fight, and helped the IGU set up a plan that led to the capture of Superman...

Like JL, JLU could take place in Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, and even on other planets... This idea just rocks! :) Mr. Timm, is there any chance you'd be willing to entertain a JLU show idea? And if you did, is there any chance that Warner Bros. Animation would give you a green light for it? :D
 

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
30,029
Location
Framingham, MA
Squall said:
I would love to see a "Justice League Unlimited" show, with two seasons of two-parters and three-parters (like the original "Justice League" was) with an equally rounded out series of plot threads. And they could even make the IGU episode a model of JL's "Injustice For All" with the plot, like Mr. Timm advised. :) Blight reveals himself to still be alive, and organizes a gang whose sole purpose is to kill Batman Beyond and the JLU (well, since Luthor wanted to kill Superman, and the JL was a bonus, Blight would simliarly want to kill Batman, with the JLU being a bonus). Blight would hire Spellbinder, Shriek, the "Splicers" leader (forgot his name), The Shade (it's not a gang of supercriminals in the DCAU without The Shade! :p ), a newly made up Green Lantern villian, and and two other completely made up villians of JLU calibur (perhaps one to fit Superman, and one to fit Aquagirl). And, in a simliar way that Luthor's gang captured Batman and used him as bait, Blight's gang would capture Superman and use him as bait. :evil:

Hmmm... OK, how about this? Blight didn't hire Spellbinder; but, since he's so egotistical, he muscled his way into the gang after the first JLU/IGU fight, and helped the IGU set up a plan that led to the capture of Superman...

Like JL, JLU could take place in Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, and even on other planets... This idea just rocks! :) Mr. Timm, is there any chance you'd be willing to entertain a JLU show idea? And if you did, is there any chance that Warner Bros. Animation would give you a green light for it? :D
I'd like a JLU Beyond show too someday but not until JLU has had maybe 52 episodes. I would like to see The Zeta Project tied up but I have hopes that they can do that with a time-travel episode of the new show. Maybe an appearance of Terry, Superman, Bruce Wayne, and Zeta could be a way to test the waters for another beyond league show. Remember, "The Call" sort of paved the way for Justice League.
 
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm watched the Godzilla vs kong trailer
He made a 6 hour video talking about every Simpsons episode.

I am 24 years old today.
I pick the voice actor for Spiderman. Guess who.

I finished the final issue of Gilda And Meek (Gilda And Meek #33 "Dark Child: Part Two: The Pilot, Un-Iverse #47) today. I had been planning it for 30 years, and it ended exactly the way it did in my fifteen-year-old head. This is a milestone I NEVER expected to reach. Huge day for me.

Featured Posts

Top