Batman Beyond "Black Out" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Episode

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 11 29.7%

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • **1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
15.jpg

Episode #03 "Black Out"
Original Airdate - January 30th, 1999.

Derek Powers hires a shape shifter named Inque to commit corporate sabotage, and Batman must stop her before she destroys the Foxteca and stumbles across Bruce's secret.

Comments?

Bleu Unicorn

\ (^v^) /
[color=63B8FF]Too many talkbacks....

But since this is my favorite episode of Batman Beyond, I can't resist commenting.

Inque's animation is always wonderfully done -- and this episode is one of the very best. She's my favorite villain from BB and the scene with her pouring herself down Terry's throat is absolutely unforgettable.

One of the interesting things in this episode is getting to view the Rogue's Gallery in the Batcave -- not to mention all of the interesting safety features Bruce has stuck within the Cave.

I can't say enough great things about this episode... I just love it![/color]

Last edited by a moderator:

unknown hero

Chaos Dimension!
this is the episode that really hooked me on the bb series, and a good way to have the series start on the right foot. really cool villian, awesome fights, and the fight in the batcave was the biggest surprise yet

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
"Blackout" airs tonight

Tonight at 1 a.m. ET Cartoon Network airs the Batman Beyond episode, Blackout. Here is your official talkback thread and the episode synopsis.

Superman and Batman ended their current run on Jan. 4. To talk about them being taken off the air go here. With S:TAS and B:TAS over, Jim Harvey and I ask that no one start new talkbacks for the remaining Superman and Batman episodes. We are still discussing the status of future talkbacks and we will let you know at a later time.

bey_bo_02.jpg
Batman Beyond #03 - Blackout
Written by Robert Goodman - Directed by Dan Riba
Original Airdate - January 30th, 1999.
Derek Powers hires a shape shifter named Inque to commit corporate sabotage, and Batman must stop her before she destroys the Foxteca and stumbles across Bruce's secret.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
Another great episode at 4 1/2 stars.

It's easy to dismiss Inque as another Clayface, but she goes a long way to become an excellent BB villain with her motives, her strengths, and her weaknesses. And right from Rebirth, you see Derek Powers trying to coup with his recent "accident".

Excellent stuff, but one thing puzzles me: How come this episode wasn't on the DVD with the others??

The Detective

4.5 stars. This is one of the few BB episodes that I like. Easily in the top five. It was a great wasy to start off after "Rebirth". And it was good to see Luscius Fox get mentioned and see that his son started another company. It also had on of the funniest bruce Wayne lines:
Derek Powers: So are you holding up?
Bruce Wayne: With a cane.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts