"Batman: Bad Blood" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

I'm thinking about asking Tucker or Bourassa on twitter who those people in the picture with The Heretic are supposed to be, but if I had to guess:

-guy with the vaguely cat-looking mask is Catman
-Guy with the Glasses very well may be Gearhead
-Bald lady is probably Lady Shiva, if I had to take a wild guess
-We already know the vaugely mister-freeze looking dude is Electrocutioner
-This is stretch here, a pretty big one, but what if that guy who looks like Wade Eiling in his monster form is Mammoth? I admit, it's a wild guess but it's the only one I've got.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'd think if it were Shiva there'd be more red in the design...
Indeed. You think it would be easy to look up DC characters with a Bindi on their forehead, but so far just Raven and Jinx. But not seeing much bald women.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I like the idea of Hellhound being one of the villains in that group shot.

As for the woman, what if that's actually a hole in her head and she's supposed to be The Absence? I'm probably wrong about that, just figured I'd share one of my weird theories.

IDistractedYou

Perky Prince of Painful Puns
I could not find a frontal picture but Shard's costume is similar and she first appeared in The Question: The Five Books of Blood and has crossed swords Batwoman a few times.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting. Yeah, they could be pulling villains from Batwoman and Batwing comics... oi...

But this is pretty fun trying to I.D. them. Pretty much a similar situation when I joined the forum way back.

Frontier

Staff member
Interesting. Yeah, they could be pulling villains from Batwoman and Batwing comics... oi...

But this is pretty fun trying to I.D. them. Pretty much a similar situation when I joined the forum way back.
I imagine the fun to be had back during the JLU and Brave and the Bold days ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So... Batman dead? I bet he 'wakes' up in the third act and is a hostage of Talia who revived him with a Lazarus Pit and goes on about what the true caper of the movie is then the gang saves him?

I imagine the fun to be had back during the JLU and Brave and the Bold days ;).
JL Season 2. At the time, there were two insiders dropping clues here about the show and it was basically like unraveling clues left by the Riddler. I joined up when fans were trying to figure clues about who was in Grodd's Secret Society roster.

Frontier

Staff member
So... Batman dead? I bet he 'wakes' up in the third act and is a hostage of Talia who revived him with a Lazarus Pit and goes on about what the true caper of the movie is then the gang saves him?
I think it's likely that the League, under Talia, faked Batman's death and kidnapped him for some reason and, yeah, the DickBats, Robin, Batwoman, and Batwing team likely discover it and Batman and then break him out :cool:.

Knowing Talia, I expect at least part of it is Damian-related (especially if the Heretic is involved), and I doubt she'd ever genuinely kill her Beloved...drug him sure, but not kill him :eek:.

At least it looks like the League has upgraded since Son of Batman, with their new gun-toting nun assassins :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Knowing Talia, I expect at least part of it is Damian-related (especially if the Heretic is involved), and I doubt she'd ever genuinely kill her Beloved...drug him sure, but not kill him :eek:.
Yeah, she probably in some convoluted way is trying to put her family together again. But y'know, Batman doesn't give a bat about the League. He even told Talia to dissolve it in Son of Batman.

At least it looks like the League has upgraded since Son of Batman, with their new gun-toting nun assassins :p.
Indeed. Talia promised she would update it when she left at the end of Son of Batman. Maybe as part of the update, she set up these villains, from the preview, as her Circle of Six elite fighters (instead of I think Shiva who founded the team in the comics to fight Richard Dragon).

EDIT: Another candidate for who the female villain might be: Onyx. I feel good about this guess.

Last edited:

W.C.Reaf

That would kill the movie for me. If it's just an hour of "Dick has wacky Batman adventures before the real Batman comes back and everything goes back to normal" then it's a waste of a good story idea and the fact that these movies now have continuity. Why bring Bruce back when they can tell Batman stories that are fresh with a Batman that is allowed to mess up and grow as a character.

Even when they've "killed" these characters in the comics the replacements had some time between when they died and come back to tell stories with the replacements. It'd be a shame if we didn't get one full "Dick as Batman" movie before bringing Bruce back.

Frontier

Staff member
Because they'd probably want to establish Bruce is alive and back under the cowl by the time of the next Justice League movie, as well as Dick back as Nightwing for the Titans? I figure that's part of the pragmatic reasoning why anyway.

That and so far, in this continuity at least, while certain plot points carry into the next few films they still tend to remain relatively standalone. Not that there haven't been changes to the "status quo" of these universes, but I think outright replacing Bruce as Batman would be a little too big a jump for the people behind these movies. As would ending the movie on the idea that Bruce is either still dead or missing :eek:.

But while I think it would be cool to see Dick as Batman carry over into the next movie, I'm fine with it not so long as this movie makes the most of him in the role. It already looks like he'll be Batman for a majority of the movie, and the creators will use it to explore his relationship with Bruce and help develop his tumultuous relationship with Damian. So if they make the most of him as Batman in this movie, and have fun with it as well as his new dynamic with Damian, I'll be pretty happy :).

We've also got Damian's story and developing character still an integral part of things, especially with Heretic and the League likely involved, introducing Batwoman, Batwing, and their stories, so at this point I'm more concerned for all these story points being done justice in the movies limited run time than I am whether Dick will continue as Batman :confused:.

W.C.Reaf

Because they'd probably want to establish Bruce is alive and back under the cowl by the time of the next Justice League movie, as well as Dick back as Nightwing for the Titans? I figure that's part of the pragmatic reasoning why anyway.

The continuity for the Batman and JL movies are shaky to me. In War it seemed like everyone was just starting out more or less, Batman was still an urban legend, but then the Throne of Atlantis deleted scene throws that out the window. So we have urban legend Batman who has had Dick as Robin for 10 years-ish and is now Nightwing, plus needing to be Batman and well known enough to attract the attention of Ra's for them to have a history and relations with Talia to produce Damian.

They just don't mesh well, especially if the JL V Titans movie is the same continuity, if the Titans formed with Dick as Robin then it was before JL War and before superheroes were well known and were accepted. Unless they're forming the Titans in the movie, with a Nightwing with enough experience to be Batman. Definitely not a Teen Titans.

I much preferred it when War was set in the past like the original comic was. Or just when the Batman and JL movies weren't in the same timeline.

(also having Dick-Bats in the JL movies would be cool, the continuity is already screwy so why not. The plot of JL V Titans could accommodate it.)

Last edited:

Troy Troodon

Creativity over continuity I suppose. A basic syndrome that's been occurring since the reboot.

Frontier

Staff member
Creativity over continuity I suppose. A basic syndrome that's been occurring since the reboot.
Can you really reboot a franchise that never had consistent continuity before? I guess one could say it was a reboot of the "Flashpoint" continuity, but it's not like we know for sure that it was consistent with any of the other movies o_O.

Yeah, the timeline and continuity between the movies definitely has some issues, but I'm willing to give the creators behind it a bit of a pass because creating the continuity between the movies is still a new thing for them, so a bit of a learning curve for the DTV line, and they're stuck with alternating between Justice League and Batman movies to create it. Not to mention that, even four (soon to be five), movies in and there's still tons of room for the movie continuity to flesh itself out, both in terms of the universe and the characters :cool:.

It's not like this continuity is anymore screwy than the ones the current Marvel Cartoons inhabit :p.

Lord Sidious

The continuity for the Batman and JL movies are shaky to me. In War it seemed like everyone was just starting out more or less, Batman was still an urban legend, but then the Throne of Atlantis deleted scene throws that out the window. So we have urban legend Batman who has had Dick as Robin for 10 years-ish and is now Nightwing, plus needing to be Batman and well known enough to attract the attention of Ra's for them to have a history and relations with Talia to produce Damian.

They just don't mesh well, especially if the JL V Titans movie is the same continuity, if the Titans formed with Dick as Robin then it was before JL War and before superheroes were well known and were accepted. Unless they're forming the Titans in the movie, with a Nightwing with enough experience to be Batman. Definitely not a Teen Titans.

I much preferred it when War was set in the past like the original comic was. Or just when the Batman and JL movies weren't in the same timeline.

(also having Dick-Bats in the JL movies would be cool, the continuity is already screwy so why not. The plot of JL V Titans could accommodate it.)

I feel the same way about the Dawn of Justice Movieverse. I mean c'mon!!!! Batman is over the hill already and the JL still hasn't formed yet!!!????

It was a great trailer and most likely it will be a great film but the only flaw I see and really hate is Batman Ben Affleck already in his Twilight years before the formation of the Justice League.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Lot of people seem to forget, B:TAS started out in Year 10 of Batman's career. And the Justice League didn't come around until Year 15 or so. It's basically the same thing here in this continuity, for 10 years or so - people who lived in cities, like Hal, other than Gotham thought he was just an urban legend. Some people in Gotham knew full well he was the real deal, some thought he was a myth, too. He didn't care either way. I think focusing on the 'urban legend' thing from War is just going to bog you down.

Note in the movie title is 'Titans,' not 'Teen Titans' or 'New Teen Titans.' Just 'Titans' - one of the names used in the comics. So it's going to be the latter, imo. Plus, by 1980 I think, the members weren't even teens anymore and they still went with the 'Teen Titans' moniker and that 'Titans' line up in the 90s included Nightwing, Troia, Arsenal, Tempest, Wally West, Starfire, Cyborg, Changeling, Damage and Argent.

EDIT: Yep, Phil Bourassa confirmed the female villain is Onyx! And the guy with red mask is Hellhound!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts