"Batman: Bad Blood" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Batman: Bad Blood is the next installment in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line. Initial details of the titles were announced at SDCC 2015. Hitting shelves on February 2nd, 2016, the movie follows Nightwing and Robin as they search for clues to solve Batman's mysterious disappearance!

t-blucover.jpg

Stay tuned for further details right here in this thread and at The World's Finest.

Frontier

Staff member
I was hoping we'd get info about the next Justice League movie instead of just a Batman movie, but all the same happy to know what the next entry in the DCDTV line will be :).

The image has Batman in what appears to be one of his older costumes, seen in a case in the Batcave, so maybe this will flashback to the Dynamic Duo era with Dick as Robin and when Bruce first met Ra's, Talia, and conceived Damian?

"Bad Blood" is certainly an ominous title, one I can imagine stemming from Damian and Bruce having to deal with Talia and Damian's Al Ghul heritage, as well as Damian's own issues that made him leave at the end of Batman vs. Robin in the first place :eek:.

Last edited:

Bat-Fan Beyond

Batman: Bad Blood -- definitely sounds like another chapter of Damian's story. The second issue of DC's New 52 Batman and Robin comic series by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason was entitled "Bad Blood." Though, I'm sure this movie will have its own story.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batman: Bad Blood -- definitely sounds like another chapter of Damian's story. The second issue of DC's New 52 Batman and Robin comic series by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason was entitled "Bad Blood." Though, I'm sure this movie will have its own story.
That's for sure since a vast majority of what's in that comic is already resolved or moved past towards a resolution. Maybe one thing they might adapt from it is
the debut of Ace.
Still, weird title. The only bad blood in the New52 Animated canon that comes to mind is Batman and Ra's but the latter is pretty dead -- not like that stopped him before. And we know Talia went off to rebuild the League. She left on good terms with Batman and Damian. The comic also has that NoBody character 'replaced' by Talon in Batman vs. Robin.

EDIT: Hmm. Maybe Talia figures out how to resurrect Ra's. Ra's asks for Damian. Talia explains. Ra's is all WTF.

But as pointed out, that is an older suit. If it is part of the ongoing canon, maybe Nightwing's mention of Batman kicking Ra's butt in Batman vs. Robin was setting this flashback up a little.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
My first reaction to the title was that this will be a vampire movie, but it will most likely be a continuation of Son of Batman/Batman Vs. Robin. It should be interesting to see how Damian's story in the animated universe will play out. The story will probably deal with his heritage and connection to Ra's al Ghul, but I guess we'll have to wait until more details become available.

Bat-Fan Beyond

But he was intended to be Ace, and basically is Ace, so it fits ;)

Well... if we are connecting two different points of time and placing them within contiuity with each other, technicially the Ace in Batman Beyond wouldn't exist yet, but Titus could have been Ace's progenitor or maybe just an unrelated predecessor. ;)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My first reaction to the title was that this will be a vampire movie, but it will most likely be a continuation of Son of Batman/Batman Vs. Robin. It should be interesting to see how Damian's story in the animated universe will play out. The story will probably deal with his heritage and connection to Ra's al Ghul, but I guess we'll have to wait until more details become available.
Maybe as a coincidence, Damian stumbles upon something going on or someone at Nanda Parbat...

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed the 2016 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con. Announced Friday, July 11th, 2015, and confirmed Batman: Bad Blood as the first title of 2016!

Stay tuned for additional details and updates right here at The World's Finest!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, so her cameo in Batman vs Robin wasn't just a throw away appearance. Sweet!

Frontier

Staff member
Batwoman will be showing up? Awesome :D!

I wonder if she'll appear in Gotham-related scenes fighting crime with Batman before we shift to Damian and the League? Or maybe she'll actually factor quite a bit into the plot :cool:?

Now that just leaves Catwoman ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty cool to hear that Batwoman will appear in this movie. Wonder how big her role will actually be and how she fits into the story.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm thrilled that Batwoman will be making an appearance. I'm assuming her role will be pretty substantial if DC took the effort to mention her.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What are some big story arcs for Batwoman in the New 52? I heard of a crazy sister and the Crime Syndicate...

W.C.Reaf

What are some big story arcs for Batwoman in the New 52? I heard of a crazy sister and the Crime Syndicate...

That was Pre-New 52. I know she joined the DEO (The Department of Extranormal Operations) in the New 52 but I can't think of anything specific that'd tie her to a Batman story. Wasn't she in a Pre-New 52 Grant Morrison Batman & Robin story, with Dick as Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts