"Batman: Arkham Knight" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman: Arkham Knight" - Rate and Comment on this Video Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This is how the Batman dies...

Batman: Arkham Knight
Studios:
Warner Interactive, Rocksteady
Platforms: PS4, XBoxOne, PC
Release Date: June 23rd, 2015

Synopsis: Batman: Arkham Knight brings the award-winning Arkham trilogy from Rocksteady Studios to its epic conclusion. Developed exclusively for New-Gen platforms, Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile. The highly anticipated addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. In this explosive finale, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect, as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy the Batman forever.

Discuss this Game!

Related Discussion:
-Batman: Arkham Knight Video Game Review (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Knight Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham City Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Origins Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Assault on Arkham Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-What should the next hypothetical "Batman: Arkham" animated title be about?
-Would you like an animated series based on the Batman: Arkham video game series?

Click the image above to view videos, images and more content from "Batman: Arkham Knight!"

Spider-Man

So how long until we can talk about the real identity of Arkham Knight?

I got the game last night at a midnight opening and got really deep into it. Thankfully I had no work today so I could pretty much spend the day playing. I'm really liking it so far and it might just be the best instalment. The batmobile could be better though but this is just one riveting game.

ShadowBeast

So how long until we can talk about the real identity of Arkham Knight?

I got the game last night at a midnight opening and got really deep into it. Thankfully I had no work today so I could pretty much spend the day playing. I'm really liking it so far and it might just be the best instalment. The batmobile could be better though but this is just one riveting game.
I went to a midnight opening too and it was worth it^^, infact I used one of my vacation weeks this week just so I can play this game without any interruptions.
I'd say wait a week or two just to make sure not to spoil for everybody about the Arkham Knight's identity, speaking of which I wonder if he's a character we've seen before in Arkham Asylum/City of which I hope we get a final battle in the Asylum itself.

But so far I'm having fun playing the game and unless I missed it, I don't think this game has that predator/battle challenges that the other games had that were annoying.
Catwoman is funny with her complaining about all the other criminals distancing themselves from her because of her association with Batman.

Magus

The Boss
The batmobile could be better though but this is just one riveting game.

I read Gamespot's review for the game and the reviewer didn't particularly care for the batmobile. He also went onto make it sound as if it is forced onto you and that kinda gets me worried a little bit. I don't have the game yet, but I still plan to get it (hopefully next week-ish when I finally decide to get me a ps4/xb1). I wasn't thrilled about the batmobile being in the game (I prefer to fly/glide), but at the same time I don't think I'll mind either.

I'm curious to hear other folks opinions about the batmobile later on down the line.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Still downloading the day 1 patch. 9 month delay with an extra three weeks and I still gotta wait even when I have the thing. Hopefully it will be done soon enough so I can start cracking some skulls :D

ShadowBeast

I read Gamespot's review for the game and the reviewer didn't particularly care for the batmobile. He also went onto make it sound as if it is forced onto you and that kinda gets me worried a little bit. I don't have the game yet, but I still plan to get it (hopefully next week-ish when I finally decide to get me a ps4/xb1). I wasn't thrilled about the batmobile being in the game (I prefer to fly/glide), but at the same time I don't think I'll mind either.

I'm curious to hear other folks opinions about the batmobile later on down the line.
I usually stink at car games but the Batmobile having that tank-mode really makes it so much easier to maneuver and while there are parts where you have to use the Batmobile, you can still glide around the city.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
I've played this for like...one hour. Stuff came up and I had to download around 4.5 gigabyes of content between the day 1 update and content they packed in. But, this was enough to get a feel for it again and I think it's pretty slick even without any upgrades implemented yet. It's a good thing that you can seemingly grapple hook almost anything, this lets me feel like I can explore as I please. It takes some getting used to though, because lots of platforming has conditioned me to worry about falls and placing and timing jumps just so. I have to tell myself "no, it's fine, this game is a sandbox".

I think the Batmobile is fun and it was satisfying to blow up tanks. It's also true that this kind of isn't how Batman usually operates. But I gather that circumstances are a bit special, and there's still lots of thugs crying out to be snuck up on and punched.

One thing I find a little tricky is driving the Batmobile at high speed. The good news is it's absurdly tough and seems to just plow right through things, all the time. They went all in on the "it's a tank Batman turned into a car" idea from the Nolan movies.

There are almost too many choices on how to upgrade Batman. I might go for gadgets though. Already spotted one ability that lets you grapple hook a gun out of somebody's hand. Watch out for TROLL BATMAN.

As a Playstation 4 owner I got Justice League 3000 and Batman 66 skins for free. And, uh, well. The thought was nice, but Batman 66 DOES NOT work for this character design. At all. Adam West's body build or bust.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Can we post anything to do with the Arkham Knights identity in spoiler brackets please? Some readers won't have the game yet and others will be playing through slower than others. Thank you.

I'm enjoying it so far, I've generally been spooked by the game twice so far and am finding that I've managed to avoid a great deal of spoilers so far.

The car is taking some getting used to, but I confess to sucking at driving games.

I won't go into too much detail in fear of spoilers, but it's all good so far.

Have to admit though, I liked the Arkham City suit a lot more than either suits feature in Knight so far.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Have a brand new PS4 and a copy of the game waiting for me this evening. Don't misplace my trust to jump in on this one, Rocksteady.

DarkAngel

Lord Vader
So I'm jumping in here quickly without reading other posts (as I'm not too far into the game and don't want to be spoiled). But I did have a question I'm hoping someone can PM me an answer to.

I've been fascinated by who the Arkham Knight could be, and find myself automatically thinking "well, it could be him" or "he said this, and that sounds like...". But then, I'm also remembering that Sefton Hill had in past interviews called AK a "new" character, and their opportunity to make a new character contribution to Batman.

Without spoiling AK's identity, I'm just wondering if someone could PM me about whether I should quit wasting my time trying to solve his identity (because it is a new character under the mask and therefore I couldn't possibly figure it out), or whether I should keep mulling it over as I play because he is new as far as outer costume/AK moniker, but a familiar person from Batman lore underneath the costume. In other words, is it a truly new character, or someone under the costume I might be able to guess at.

Does that make sense? I remember enjoying this kind of guessing game with Star Trek Into Darkness, trying to figure out who John Harrison was before the movie was released. In that case, they made a point of saying it was someone from TOS. I'm wondering whether its the same with AK, or whether I'm wasting my time and it is someone truly new.

Thanks for the time, guys.

Again, I'm planning on not coming back in here for fear of reading a spoiler, so a PM response would be great.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's totally Harley's Hyenas standing on top of each other.

Wonderwall

Staff member
I usually don't jump at a game but did anyone else get freaked out when

Man Bat

just showed up like that? It's so random but awesome. I also dug some of the convos that hinted towards him.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
I'm glad it's not just me. That moment was one of three times Arkham Knight has spooked me today, to the point I gasped aloud completely involuntarily.

One of the more interesting moments in the game comes in the main story when you're using crazy tech to recreate a scene so you can find clues about where you need to go. The closest thing to this I can think of is some of Jaden's investigation scenes in Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain. Including the "World's Greatest Detective" angle like this could be almost a game onto itself.

Oh yeah, here's a nice Batman TAS shout out. Gray Ghost in Barbara's apartment!

CIen6YwWIAAEG7g.jpg

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Oh yeah, here's a nice Batman TAS shout out. Gray Ghost in Barbara's apartment!

CIen6YwWIAAEG7g.jpg
The poster also shows up
during the portion when the player controls Commishionor Gordon as he visits the site where Batman has quarantined those infected with the Joker's blood.

Spider-Man

I'm getting used to the Batmobile but I still think it's probably the weakest part of the game. And speaking of the Batmobile, there is no way Batamn is not killing people as he mows them down in this thing. I've hit more than a few folks by accident and it looks brutal as can be. Everything else I'm really enjoying. I've found myself wasting more than a few minutes kinda looking through Gotham. Rocksteady did such a great job with this game. I'm hoping to get 100% on this game, to get the best ending, but those trophies are going to be the death of me.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I've finished the main campaign but made it a lot more difficult for myself due to my choice of upgrades, I constantly struggled with the amount of damage the car took as I didn't upgrade the armour.

Throughly enjoyed the third act, I have to admit, the game has been a joy throughout and I'm only around 50% done.

I'm struggling with the riddles but I am refusing to cheat or look for hints online.

One criticism though - where are the boss fights? I was hoping for something which would top the Mr. Freeze fight in Arkham City but it all seems to be predatory. Thought it was odd I didn't even get to punch Scarecrow...

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those interested, The World's Finest has posted a review for Batman: Arkham Knight. Click the image below to check it out.

What are your thoughts and opinions on Batman: Arkham Knight?

ShadowBeast

It was a fun game though not without some flaws.
The Batmobile was overused and took away from potentially fantastic boss battles.
I would've liked to see Killer Croc again since one of Arkham Asylum's endings showed him with a crate of TITAN.
The ending with Joker's singing only made Joker look pathetic and made me feel sorry for the Clown Prince of Crime.
Deathstroke being taken down like that was a waste of his story especially since he had one of the best boss battles in the Arkham series.
I hate endings where they leave you guessing on what really happened when it's suppose to be the finale, Leaving the gamers to guess on what happened to Bruce is just a cheap way to be done with the game series and infact leaves an opening for another game.
Harley's story felt incomplete.
The change in Gordon's voice is annoying.
This is a mild one, but I was disappointed with the Arkham Kinght being Jason Todd since I hoping for a more original character. I actually knew it was Jason when Joker showed Batman his death-story, and looking at Arkham Knight's personality, he did act like an arrogant impatient teenager.

But one thing I did like was not having to through those battle/predator challenges in order to get 100% on the game.
I also liked having to play multiple characters throughout the story especially Catwoman.
It's still a great game though and like the other Arkham games is worth playing multiple times.
Hopefully we can get a sequel or two of origins to make the Arkham series a double trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts