"Batman and Harley Quinn" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batman and Harley Quinn
Digital HD: August 15, 2017
4K, Blu-Ray, DVD: August 29, 2017

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment revealed the 2017 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con. Announced Friday, July 22nd, 2016, the animated film Batman and Harley Quinn will hit home video in August 2017!

Art (NSFW): Conley instagram 1/29,
Announcement: TZ 7/8, WF 7/22, CBR 7/22, Miereanu 7/23,

Last edited:

bat16

hmmm, I'm not sure about the title?

from Heat Vision twitter
Upcoming DC Animated films just announced: Justice League Dark, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, Batman & Harley Quinn (A Bruce Timm Original)

I think this movie will be like Batman: Assault on Arkham.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
hmmm, I'm not sure about the title?

from Heat Vision twitter
Upcoming DC Animated films just announced: Justice League Dark, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, Batman & Harley Quinn (A Bruce Timm Original)
I'll wait until an official PR then change the title.

bat16

It's not surprising it's Batman, they did say years ago that all their movies will be Justice League or Batman for titles. And some movies like Justice League Dark and the Harley movie use the JL and Batman names as advertisement to sell on other characters as main heroes.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not surprised they're doing a Harley movie with how popular she's become as a character, and I'm definitely interested to se what they do with this movie in terms of plot and style. It has the potential to be a really fun, madcap, adventure starring our favorite harlequin of crime ;).

Personally, I think Harley could probably carry a whole movie on her name alone given how popular she's become, so she doesn't need to be riding Batman's name to get some attention. But DC does love throwing Batman's name onto things :p.

I'm kind of wondering who they'll get for Harley in this. Will they bring back Arleen Sorkin? Use Tara Strong, the now de-facto official Harley voice? Or Hynden Walch who's already voiced Harley once in the DTV line, as well as an AU Harley in Flashpoint Paradox? Or maybe a surprise (and unlikely) Margot Robbie guest role :D?

Sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully Harley's movie will be fun. I wonder what story they can come up with for a feature-length movie though.

Edit: Apparently, Paul Dini isn't involved with the project.
Huh! It does feel kind of weird to be doing a Harley Quinn movie without Paul Dini involved, but at least Timm is working on it and hopefully they get a capable scriptwriter :).

Troy Troodon

'm kind of wondering who they'll get for Harley in this. Will they bring back Arleen Sorkin? Use Tara Strong, the now de-facto official Harley voice? Or Hynden Walch who's already voiced Harley once in the DTV line, as well as an AU Harley in Flashpoint Paradox? Or maybe a surprise (and unlikely) Margot Robbie guest role :D?

Hopefully someone new. I like hearing new talent shine in the spotlight for a change. I'd probably cast Kari Wahlgren, but it's probably likely they'd get some kind of celebrity.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Sounds great... Just don't try and make her too edgy, Timm. Stick to your original vision. I imagine this will be something like ''Harlequinade''... one of my favourite B:TAS episodes.

I would like proper Bruce Timm designs with the following voice cast (Though I'll never be opposed to new actors):

Batman: Kevin Conroy
Harley: Arleen Sorkin (I know she is retired and her voice isn't what it used to be but this could be a proper swan song instead of DC Universe Online)
The Joker: Mark Hamill (I assume Joker will be there somewhere)

Please, not Tara Strong.

A fun, PG-13 B:TAS feel would be perfect for this.

Sikboy1029

Mech Pilot
It would be cool if they could get Arleen Sorkin to do her voice again even though she retired from it after DCUO

Troy Troodon

As much as I would love Arleen to return, I doubt she will. Unlike Mark Hamill, who just can't quite the Joker, Arleen seems to have made it evident that she hung up the role of Harley Quinn, hence why Tara Strong took over.

And as good a voice actress Tara Strong is, she's not quite as good as the original performance.

But I think I'd like to hear someone new take up the mantle. I'd like to hear Ashly Burch take a crack at it, she's a new and fairly young voice actress but has quite the range when it comes to fun uppity characters.

the_joker

Bruce Timm is doing a Harley Quinn story without Paul Dini? That's quite surprising since they both created the character. Arleen Sorkin probably won't be doing the voice since she's stopped doing so for a long while, but I'll definitely miss her.

Hopefully, things will turn out fine because things don't sound too good with Batman: The Killing Joke. Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie, so I shouldn't prejudge.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
As much as I would love Arleen to return, I doubt she will. Unlike Mark Hamill, who just can't quite the Joker, Arleen seems to have made it evident that she hung up the role of Harley Quinn, hence why Tara Strong took over.

And as good a voice actress Tara Strong is, she's not quite as good as the original performance.

But I think I'd like to hear someone new take up the mantle. I'd like to hear Ashly Burch take a crack at it, she's a new and fairly young voice actress but has quite the range when it comes to fun uppity characters.
Grey Griffin would honestly be fantastic as Harley Quinn. And I know how unlikely this would be but considering he's getting his first Legit gig as Megatron in Transformers Combiner Wars, Please cast LordJazor as the Joker Legitly, him or LittleKuriboh using a version of Melvin.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Do we know yet if Batman and Harley Quinn is a done-in-one or a shared-continuity movie? Does it follow Bad Blood?

Nothing has been confirmed (as far as I know), but the third movie of the year has always been the out of continuity tale, so I assume this one will be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts