"Batman and Harley Quinn" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
This looks like it's going to be a pretty fun and comedic movie, nothing more nothing less. Which I am totally okay with :anime:.

So Harley's a waitress at a Superhero cafe? Interesting (and an excuse to get her into a variant on her New 52 look I see). Kinda odd seeing her call anyone other then Joker "Puddin" though :ack:.

I feel like most of the humor of this movie is going to derive from Harley's antics and Batman's deadpan reactions to said antics, which I'm down for :p.

It's nice to see Batman and Nightwing together, on-top of a reunion with the original DCAU Dynamic Duo :D.

"Put in a good word for me with the parole board." That seems to be implying she's done some things to violate her parole by this point, though I guess probably part of her parole involves not wearing her costume :rolleyes2:...

Melissa Rauch sounds a little different from what I would expect from Harley by this point, but I think it works and still sound enough like "Harley" :harley:.

It's nice to finally get to hear Paget Brewster's Poison ivy. She sounds pretty solid as Pamela ;).

"Dr. Alec Holland?" So Swamp Thing will have a role in this? Or is it just his research o_O?

Action looks surprisingly good :cool:.

rggkjg1

You'll Believe A Man Can Fly
Why is Batman allowed to have separate universe movies while every other movie is set in the shared universe? Doesn't having a shared universe in this line of animated movies defeat the purpose of why it exists in the first place?

Spider-Man

Probably for the animated movies. Batman: The Animated Series has been released in four, 4-disc DVD sets.
He means the 4K format, not four separate discs. I was really surprised to see that too. I guess we're moving more into the 4K format.

The movie looks like it could be fun. I will be picking this one up for sure. Even though I haven't seen a confirmation anywhere (I don't like/believe in that headcanon stuff) I will wait until they officially say this is a DCAU movie but it's nice to see the designs back and some familiar voices. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint and they don't let things get too over-the-top just because they have a looser rating.

Frontier

Staff member
Why is Batman allowed to have separate universe movies while every other movie is set in the shared universe? Doesn't having a shared universe in this line of animated movies defeat the purpose of why it exists in the first place?
Well, Justice League: Gods and Monsters wasn't a Batman movie...

Otaku-sempai

He means the 4K format, not four separate discs. I was really surprised to see that too. I guess we're moving more into the 4K format.
So he did. I'm afraid I misread it.
Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint and they don't let things get too over-the-top just because they have a looser rating.
Well, it's PG-13, which is pretty standard for the DC Universe animated movies. And Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is rated PG-13 in its uncut version.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not bad. So they're gonna turn everyone into plant hybrid people... not crazy sounding at all. :p

"Dr. Alec Holland?" So Swamp Thing will have a role in this? Or is it just his research o_O?
I'm starting to wonder if that guy with them is Alec.

Frontier

Staff member
Not bad. So they're gonna turn everyone into plant hybrid people... not crazy sounding at all. :p
Well, it's Poison Ivy and the Floronic Man together. Is there any other sensible evil plan for them to come up with :p?

I'm starting to wonder if that guy with them is Alec.
I'm starting to wonder that too, though he looks a little old for Alec o_O.

Then again, once he becomes Swamp Thing I guess his age wouldn't really matter :sweat:.

EDIT 5/29: Warner Bros. on Demand Youtube Channel has a new clip from the movie:

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Looks like John DiMaggio will voice Swamp Thing after all, even though Fred Tatasciore in Injustice 2 was the Ideal Swamp Thing.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Straight up dope seeing a retelling of the classic Swamp Thing origin! :D

I loved seeing the photo of Swamp Thing posed as that classic Bigfoot shot. lol.

Good year for Swampy. A guest shot in Justice League Dark and a recurring role on Justice League Action. About time we're seeing him in animation again.

Frontier

Staff member
Straight up dope seeing a retelling of the classic Swamp Thing origin! :D

I loved seeing the photo of Swamp Thing posed as that classic Bigfoot shot. lol.

Good year for Swampy. A guest shot in Justice League Dark and a recurring role on Justice League Action. About time we're seeing him in animation again.
And that Robot Chicken DC Special if you're not picky :rolleyes2:.

Though I wonder, if they're going so far as to showcase Holland, his origin, and him as Swamp Thing, if he'll actually appear as Swamp Thing in the movie o_O?

SweetShop209

I hope the set with the action figure also has 4k. Would be a shame to have to double dip.

Considering the promotion has been going on since April when the clips and articles came out, I figured the movie would have been released sometime a little after Comic Con, not near the end of August.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has provided press details for the forthcoming Batman and Harley Quinn animated feature. The upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie will hit Digital HD on August 15th, 2017, followed by an Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD release on August 29th, 2017. Complete details - including bonus content information, artwork and more - can be found at The World's Finest or by clicking the image below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
Figures a Harley Quinn movie would have a documentary about Harley and her rise in popularity and pop culture ;).

I never would have thought they'd give Loren Lester his own bonus feature chronicling his tenure as Dick Grayson...not that I mind though :D.

Well so much for hoping we'd get to know what the next movie is, given they include the sneak peek in the description but not what it's about. Though I guess I can understand not wanting to spoil it :sweat:.

"Harley and Ivy" and "Harley's Holiday" seem very fitting to attach to this movie :anime:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looneyfanfan wrote on Palk Áron 2002's profile.
Do you remember when CN Europe changed it's logo back in Late 2010?
Sokka is the Avatar now, and he just had to travel to another show to do it.

Here's a little something from Thomas Perkins.

For my newly joined followers, I highly recommend @RegularCapital's audiovisual research page. It contains a lot of interesting articles. Check it out! :) RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki

I wish him the best continuation to this brilliant wiki.
I wish a happy birthday to Kevin McDonald and Khary Payton.

Edit: Before I forget, I also wish a happy 39th birthday to Tiya Sircar. She's voiced Sabine Wren in many Star Wars projects since Star Wars Rebels.

Featured Posts