"Batman and Harley Quinn" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
DC Comics will release a special digital comic series tie-in to the forthcoming Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie. The series will act as both a prequel and sequel to the forthcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie title from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment. Click here for the details and a look at the cover art.

Reactions: 2 people

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
A prequel and a sequel? Cool :anime:.

Looks like this is going to tell the story of How Harley and Joker broke up and Harley trying to go straight, which then leads to her status at the start of the movie :).

It'll be cool to see Catwoman turn up, and what role she'll have i nthe story, and I will most definitely read her in Adrienne Barbeau's voice :D.

It's also pretty awesome to see Ty Templeton working on Batman or a DCAU-ish project again. The rest of the creative team is pretty impressive too :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hard to say if we need more content than the movie itself before well, seeing the movie. Versus Gods and Monsters, it doesn't seem like we need that much more story.

Someone asked Sam Liu about the VA for Harley and his response
Arleen retired many years ago. tarastrong HyndenIsHere are always in the conversation. It gets a little political sometimes ...

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Thanks, both to Pfeiffer-Pfan and to RoyalRubble! It will be interesting to learn what alterations have been performed to adapt Gotham by Gaslight to feature length.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
We have definitely seen it before, but that OK, no sense in spoiling too much of the movie for us. This might seem like a weird complaint, but Batman's mouth/chin seems off in this movie. I can't put my finger on it but the animation is lacking in places. I wonder who was given the task?

Here's some pictures I don't think we have seen yet. I really don't think this movie is going to help Bruce Timm's reputation online:

2vt6zxx.jpg

2mobg9f.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
July 12th:
And here's the clip. Starts the 2:40 minutes marks. There's some more brief footage at 3:53.
It feels like we saw that scene before...
This must be some new definition of the word 'exclusive' of which I was previously unaware.

Here's some pictures I don't think we have seen yet. I really don't think this movie is going to help Bruce Timm's reputation online:

2vt6zxx.jpg
So, Harley is working at Planet Krypton or something very much like it.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
We have definitely seen it before, but that OK, no sense in spoiling too much of the movie for us. This might seem like a weird complaint, but Batman's mouth/chin seems off in this movie. I can't put my finger on it but the animation is lacking in places. I wonder who was given the task?

2vt6zxx.jpg

2mobg9f.jpg
That waitress in the Batgirl outfit looks in-line with what we've see of Harley's place of work, but in light of Batgirl's treatment in the Killing Joke I can kinda see the issue :sweat:.

I really wonder why they thought it was a good idea to show Dick's eyes through his mask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Lot's of Great Cartoon News Today! Looking forward to Mao-Mao and Tig N Seek! As well as S2 of Summer Camp Island. Now if only we could get airdates for Thundercats ROAR! & High Guardian Spice.
What would you do if you were in charge of Universal Kids?
Anybody remembered when Gerald McBoing Boing had Cartoon Network City Bumpers? I vaguely remembered them.
If you're reading this, please dip your fries in mayon(n)aise.