Batman #688 - 691 "Long Shadows" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Storyline!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Batman: Reborn event continues with this stunning four-part story!

BATMAN #688

Written by: Judd Winick
Art by: Mark Bagley and Art Thibert

There may be a new Batman in Gotham City, but that doesn't mean the city wants him. As Two-Face and Penguin take measures to keep the new Dark Knight at bay, one of the archvillains makes a startling discovery about the new Caped Crusader. Plus, Batman trains the new Robin, and Mark Bagley starts a 4-issue stint as guest artist!

Comments?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

BATMAN #689

Batman forges ahead in his battle to retrieve the escapees from Arkham Asylum, while Two-Face begins a ground war of his own. Elsewhere, Penguin wants to become Gotham City's new king of crime, but to do so he has to make a deal with the devil.

Comments?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

BATMAN #690

Penguin ups the ante in his bid to become Gotham's top crook and enlists a few of Arkham's finest to keep Batman busy. Meanwhile a mysterious presence enters the scene to aid the Penguin – or is there another motive at play? And Two-Face takes a massive leap forward in uncovering one of Batman's greatest secrets.

Comments?

witness

I am always watching.....
Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm reading this. I like what I've read so far too. This is a very good continuation of Battle For the Cowl's storyline. Liking the interactions between Dick and Alfred here as well as other titles. Loving all of the villians! Very competant interpretations of Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask, and his new "Arkham Army". I also like how they're setting up Two-Face to be Dick's main villain counterpart. Loved seeing the bad guys (Clayface and the newbie) working together and escaping! Just not feeling the Two-Face batsuit on the last panel. Yeah I knew it was coming, but I had hoped that idea got thrown out the window or something.

All of the Bat-titles that I'm reading are producing great stories and it is very exciting to be a Batman fan!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Batman: Reborn event in the Batman title concludes!

BATMAN #691

Two-Face and the new Batman throw down in the Batcave. And the fight is a vicious one, but just as Two-Face begins to get the upper hand...Batman shows up? The final chapter of Dick Grayson's first adventure as Batman is a can't-miss!

Comments?

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Disney Plus, HBO Max and CBS All Access are monster apps.
jmac5cicada wrote on mojokingbee1's profile.
where did you find the hanna barbera 50th anniversary special?
I wish a lot of newer cartoons got more attention
I decided not to change my username because I am fine with this one.
Hitting a major case of trouble scripting the latest issue of The Un-Iverse (F.I.S.H. #2 "The Society Of The Broken Egg"). It's not exactly writer's block because I know the story I want to tell. I'm just having a hard time telling it WELL. First time in a long time I've hit a snag like this.