"Batman '66 (2013 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman '66" - Rate and Comment on this DC Comics title!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Spider-Man

I'm glad to hear the book series will at least continue as a series of mini-series but it's still a bit of a disappointment. Something tells me the book as we know it, with these fun short stories, will be over when the comic wraps up. The mini-series will be fun I'm sure but I'll miss the shorter format too. I'm still surprised they cut the book down so quickly. It's still a top seller based on the monthly sales charts.

Road to Gotham

I wonder if the opening page to #27 with the Riddler deguise is a tribute to John Astin. (?)

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Would you like to see my mask? I use it in my experiments. Now, probably not very frightening to a guy like you, but these crazies, they can't stand it.

BATMAN '66 #28

BM6628PrintCover-81ce0.jpg

WRITER: Jeff Parker
ARTIST: Lukas Ketner

Two new additions to the ’66 Rogues Gallery are introduced in two stories. The Scarecrow is here to say “boo” to the good citizens of Gotham City, and to chase off the Caped Crusader. Then, a former henchman of King Tut has taken on a green, scaly look and roams the sewers under the city streets!

Comments?

Preview for this month's issue:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-28-dc-comics-2015

Batman '66 is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:
Batman '66 Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology

hobbyfan

I think we're beginning to see why the series is coming to an end. Parker's running out of good stories. Scarecrow was so-so. Killer Croc, not so much.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Incidentally as DC and IDW has been crossing over again recently, I wonder if Batman '66/Star Trek TOS would be a possibility.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
A purr-fect time for Catwoman to return.

BATMAN '66 #29

BM6629PrintCover-b99b5.jpg

WRITER: Jeff Parker
ARTIST: Dean Haspiel

Popular BATMAN ’66 artist Jonathan Case returns with an all-new story featuring Catwoman! The tables are turned as the Feline Fatale must come to the rescue of her caped crime-fighting counterpart—holy role reversal! Then, get ready for a family reunion as Ma Parker brings her criminal clan back to the streets of Gotham City. It’s Batman vs. the ladies in this issue!

Comments?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-29-dc-comics-2015

Batman '66 is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:

Spider-Man

A fun issue, but I am really looking forward to the last issue. I read the previews for the digital versions of the story in Batman '66 #30 and it looks like the comic is really going to go out on top. I still think the comic is being ended way too soon and there was still plenty of life left. I'm just baffled that the show's actual anniversary is in January (right, rggkjg1?) and there's no special tie-in event being done for it. No variant cover themes, no over-sized special, nothing.

hobbyfan

Yes, the TV show marks 50 years in January. Either IFC or Me-TV (or both) could do a marathon to mark the occasion, but I'm guessing that DC is seeing the numbers tumble on both the print & digital editions and decided to end the series.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Is this really the end for the Dynamic Duo? Will Batman find a way to save this comic from cancelation? Find out tomorrow! Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!

BATMAN '66 #30

WRITER: LEE ALLRED
ARTIST: MIKE ALLRED

BATMAN ‘66 comes to a close as we unleash cover artist Michael Allred on the entire issue! Mobs of villains arrive in Gotham City for what appears to be a full-blown Criminal Convention. But one bad guy is not happy with how he’s being treated, and decides to tip off Batman and Robin. Will even this valuable bit of information be enough to help the Dynamic Duo overcome the overwhelming odds?

Comments?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-30-dc-comics-2015

Also this month: an all-new Batman '66 mini-series!

BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #1

WRITER: JEFF PARKER
Artist: DAVID HAHN

Two 1960s television icons cross paths for a groovy, globe-spanning adventure in this one-of-a-kind miniseries. The deadly organization known as T.H.R.U.S.H. has a new twist in their plans for world conquest—they’re recruiting some of Gotham City’s most infamous villains! Agents Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin bring this information to the one man who knows everything about these new enemies: Batman. Before you can say “Open channel D,” the Dynamic Duo and the Men from U.N.C.L.E. are jetting off to Europe to thwart the schemes of this deadly criminal cartel.

Comments?

Batman '66
is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:

Spider-Man

I absolutely loved this issue. It's amazing how they were able to make a story out of the show's opening credits and make it work perfectly. I can't find a single fault with the issue. It's a perfect send off to the series that really could've gone on for a few more years easy. Yeah, we have the team-up mini-series coming up but I don't think those will be as good as what we got here. Even if you never read the comic based on the old TV show, this issue is a must read. It's absolutely perfect and a total blast. This comic will be greatly missed!

hobbyfan

Indeed, a fitting coda to the series, and with a cameo from the Daily Planet crew, sans Clark Kent, in the window (Clark shows up at the end, along with Billy Batson and "Ritt Bried" [oh, please]). This also serves as a unofficial sequel to the 1966 movie, too, as that was referenced.

I think had the series continued, they could've gone the extra mile and made this an annual.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The classic live-action TV Series Batman premiered 50 years ago on this very day in 1966, leaving a mark in pop culture that still stands to this very day! To celebrate this major day in Bat-history, let's look at the recent comic inspired by the classic television series!

Do you think the Batman '66 comic series held true to its source material? Any favorite issues or moments? Perhaps favorite creative team?

Where do you see the Batman '66 comics going in the future? Remaining as a series of mini-series, or could an ongoing series return? Or, more importantly, was DC Comics right to cancel the series now before it fizzled out like its source material?

Discuss it all right here!

Holy 50th anniversary, Batman!

issue1.jpg

Related Discussion:
-Batman: The 1960s Classic TV Series Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Complete Television Series Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The 1966 Movie Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Holy 50th Anniversary! Would you like animated series based on the Batman TV series?
-Holy 50th Anniversary! Name your favorite episodes and moments from the 1960s Batman TV Series!

hobbyfan

A series of miniseries would make sense, but they'll soon run out of crossover ideas. Steed & Mrs. Peel is, I guess, supposed to be later this year. Man From UNCLE got off to a good start.

I would say adapting selected episodes of the series would make sense, especially if you can expand the original material, and stopped trying to force modern, post-1966 characters into the Bat-'66 universe.

Road to Gotham

A mini-series now and then would be nice.
As I have said somewhere before, I think some of the villains created in the 50's would make idea
opponents: SIGNALMAN, POKLA-DOT MAN, CRIME DOCTOR, and CALENDAR MAN.

***UPDATE***

Just read Issue #30. Nice send off to the monthly series.
I see I got wish as many 50's and 60's villains from the comic books made cameoes as
the rogues wearing normal clothes in a scene from the opening credits of the TV show.
Neat little idea that the Allreds came up with.

Also COOL seeing cameoes from the ADVENTURES of SUPERMAN cast and other characters.

Last edited:

Road to Gotham

Is this really the end for the Dynamic Duo? Will Batman find a way to save this comic from cancelation? Find out tomorrow! Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!

BATMAN '66 #30

WRITER: LEE ALLRED
ARTIST: MIKE ALLRED

BATMAN ‘66 comes to a close as we unleash cover artist Michael Allred on the entire issue! Mobs of villains arrive in Gotham City for what appears to be a full-blown Criminal Convention. But one bad guy is not happy with how he’s being treated, and decides to tip off Batman and Robin. Will even this valuable bit of information be enough to help the Dynamic Duo overcome the overwhelming odds?

Comments?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-30-dc-comics-2015

Also this month: an all-new Batman '66 mini-series!

BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #1

WRITER: JEFF PARKER
Artist: DAVID HAHN

Two 1960s television icons cross paths for a groovy, globe-spanning adventure in this one-of-a-kind miniseries. The deadly organization known as T.H.R.U.S.H. has a new twist in their plans for world conquest—they’re recruiting some of Gotham City’s most infamous villains! Agents Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin bring this information to the one man who knows everything about these new enemies: Batman. Before you can say “Open channel D,” the Dynamic Duo and the Men from U.N.C.L.E. are jetting off to Europe to thwart the schemes of this deadly criminal cartel.

Comments?

Batman '66
is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:

I thought issue #1 was neatly done.
That was the 1st time I enjoyed seeing Olga in action.
I always consider her a loud-mouth buffoon. But here she had a juicy role.
Only part I didn't like was Penguin leaving the Utilies belts on B&R when he set his death trap.
After all this time, Pengy still hasn't learn anything. TAKE the BELTS away.

GROOVY art by Hahn.

hobbyfan

We've hit the 2/3 mark with issue 4 of the miniseries. The reveal of the big bad this issue is a bit coincidental if you tie in events on a certain Fox show.......

Spider-Man

Have they announced what's next following this current mini-series?
There wasn't anything in the June solicits, but I thought there was supposed to be one following the Man from U.N.C.L.E. mini-series. Perhaps a crossover with the old classic Avengers show?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts