"Batman (2016 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Batman - Rate and comment on this comic title!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
That's a good safe choice if the rumors of a relaunch with issue #100 are true. Tynion's run on Detective Comics was great and his work on Justice League was also really enjoyable so far. Even though I find his art can be inconsistent I am glad to see Tony Daniel back for the run too. It almost feels nostalgic since he did the art on a lot of Morrison's run those years ago. I am really enjoying King's run and the idea of writing a blatant love story starring Batman and Catwoman is genius but for those who don't like the run I imagine they'll be thrilled with the team.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Tom King's run on Batman comes to an end!

Batman #85

Art by: Mikel Janin
Written by: Tom King

The stunning conclusion to "City of Bane" is here! How will Flashpoint Batman be vanquished from our dimension? What will become of Gotham Girl now that she’s betrayed all she knows? How will the Bat team cope without Alfred? Will Catwoman stick around? Who will rebuild Gotham City? Is Batman ever going to be Batman again? The event of the summer now closes out the year, setting the stage for a whole new path for the Dark Knight Detective. You don’t dare miss the extra-sized concluding chapter to Tom King’s epic run on Batman-and it all leads to the new Batman and Catwoman series!

Discuss the finale to Tom King's Batman run right here! Was it a good finale? How was King's run overall? Talk about it here!

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
I can't believe King's run is over. It's a massive issue and a lot happens but also sort of doesn't at the same time? There's no crisis at hand or the city isn't about to be blown up but instead it's a family squabble. It's very much your typical Tom King issue where a lot of it works but there's a few things that don't and it just kind of disrupts the whole story a little. I do like that Batman and Catwoman are now married though in their own way. It's a very convenient way for DC to have their cake and eat it too. I plan to re-read the whole run from start to finish to see how well it all works together. I will miss King on this book but we'll have the new Batman/Catwoman book instead so there's that at least. I'm very interested to see what the next creative team is going to do.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
It’s a new day in Gotham City, but not the same old Batman. An all-new creative team takes a deep dive into the world of Batman!

BATMAN #86

Writer: James Tynion IV
Artist: Tony S. Daniel

With Bane vanquished and one of his longtime allies gone, Batman has to start picking up the pieces and stepping up his game. Batman has a new plan for Gotham City, but he's not the only one. Deathstroke has returned as well, under a mysterious new contract that could change everything. Beginning a whole new chapter in the life of the Dark Knight, the epic art team of Tony S. Daniel and Danny Miki are joined by new series writer James Tynion IV!

Discuss this kick-off to Batman's next big adventure right here!

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Looking at all these posts, I'm glad I've quit monthly superhero comics. I've switched mainly to manga and some graphic novels here and there and I've never looked back.

The contempt that these comics have for their readers and fanbases is appalling. Not to mention, single issue comics have become way too expensive. There's no point buying monthly issues any more especially with digital options or buying trades.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
In this special Batman one-shot, our heroes mourn...

BATMAN: PENNYWORTH R.I.P. #1

Art by: Diogenes Neves, Chris Burnham, Eddy Barrows, Sumit Kumar, David Lafuente, Marcio Takara
Written by: Peter J. Tomasi

Alfred Pennyworth served the Wayne family for decades-even through the tragic loss of Bruce Wayne’s parents. His death at the hands of Bane is the only event that could possibly compare to that fateful night in Crime Alley, and it leaves Bruce at a similar crossroads. If Alfred was the glue that held the Bat-Family together, how will Batman deal with that all falling apart? And if the Caped Crusader is to be truly alone, he might either hang that cape up once and for all…or double down and carry on with this vengeful quest forever. Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. #1 celebrates the life of one of the most important people in the history of Gotham City, while also addressing questions about what’s next.

Discuss this special DC Comics release right here!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.
it is kinda weird how despite Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie until Lion King 2019, there were no mainstream animated movies that tried to copy it, or at least accused of copying Frozen. I wonder why?
Just letting you guys know: I'm changing my username in two weeks. It's similar to the original, but a bit more wordy.
Asa
The last time a new SpongeBob premiered before KCA's was in March 2017.