"Batman (2016 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Batman - Rate and comment on this comic title!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,261 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
It's a whole new era for the legendary Batman!

BATMAN #1

NOW SHIPPING TWICE MONTHLY!
Written by TOM KING
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and MATT BANNING

“I AM GOTHAM” Chapter One! No one has ever stopped the Caped Crusader. Not The Joker. Not Two-Face. Not even the entire Justice League. But how does Batman confront a new hero who wants to save the city from the Dark Knight?

Discuss the Batman comic series!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,261 3
Toonzone
Batman and Catwoman hit a major turning point in their relationship. News has already spread about what happens in this issue...

BATMAN #24

Writer: Tom King
Artwork: Clay Mann

"Aftermath"! Gotham City is at peace...but a war is coming. Armed with the terrifying knowledge gained from the mysterious button, Batman prepares for the coming storm by making a proposition to one of his enemies-one that will change everything for the Dark Knight and his allies!

...so, what are your thoughts about the events of this issue?

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
...so, what are your thoughts about the events of this issue?
So what? Thanks to everyone who don't read the comic, but somehow think this will be worth something, rushing out and buying every copy, I know when I get mine at my shop this will end up being another headache. I can understand the appeal and possible potential if this was the Joker proposing to Harley Quinn (I'd still be annoyed at everyone buying every copy up), but I can't understand what is in this issue for everyone to jump the gun on it. I also don't understand why (once again) the contents of a comic book are spoiled the day before it's released.

If this is the only time in Batman's history he's proposed to Catwoman (or vice versa), I'd be shocked. There has to already be a handful of stories somewhere (be it imaginary or legit) involving Catwoman and Batman being married, getting married, or married but divorced.

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
So what? Thanks to everyone who don't read the comic, but somehow think this will be worth something, rushing out and buying every copy, I know when I get mine at my shop this will end up being another headache.
First, there's no reason to be rude. Second, it's not the comic store's job to keep copies for you. You want a copy of an issue, add it to your pull list or call and ask one be put aside for you. Simple enough. If you miss it due to whatever reason, it's on you and no one else. Third, this was a great issue. The cliffhanger is big, of course, but everything that came before it was a great look at Batman, how he looks at himself, and drops some heavy hints at where the book could be going. It's hard to say if DC will actually go through with this but I like that right no, with how things are going at DC, there's a real chance.

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
First, there's no reason to be rude. Second, it's not the comic store's job to keep copies for you. You want a copy of an issue, add it to your pull list or call and ask one be put aside for you. Simple enough. If you miss it due to whatever reason, it's on you and no one else.
"So what?" is in response to Bruce proposing. I seriously don't see what the big deal is, regardless if the issue is spoiled before it comes out or everyone buys every copy in hopes of it being worth something. Batman is on my pull list, and has been for years. But things happen sometimes, and with my luck, when things happen, it would be during a situation like this. Surprisingly my store had a few copies left of both covers which I was able to secure for myself.

The mythos has pretty much made it clear that Catwoman is "THE ONE" for Batman, and Batman is "THE ONE" for Catwoman. At most, maybe it is about time/finally someone proposed. Whether they actually do get married (and if it lasts or doesn't), or Catwoman says no, they are both going to be "THE ONE" for each other for many many more years to come. I don't see Batman proposing being any kind of major shake up, and because this is comics, I wonder if this is just going to end up being a short lived gimmick.

In the very end, I'm sure this is all in response to Flashpoint Thomas Wayne telling Bruce that he want's him to be happy and that he doesn't have to be Batman.

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
I haven't been too fond seeing the Riddler become a more "violent" character (Gotham, and now here). I'm sure it's an attempt to make him appear a more threatening character, but I don't think it really fits for him. And because it seems like every other villain has their own similar violent traits or actions. If the Riddler is going to be more violent, I'd rather it be in a more indirect way (something like if a riddle isn't solved in time, he presses a button and something blows up, victim falls through a trap door, etc).

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
I'm so glad that Catwoman said yes! I wish this Riddle/Joke arc was shorter but it was fine. I'm just glad she said yes and I can't wait to see where they go next with it. With issue #50 not to far off I could see that being the wedding issue.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,261 3
Toonzone
Over the weekend, The New York Times rolled out a report on Batman #50 and the outcome of the highly-touted Batman/Catwoman wedding. Be warned that the article is very, very spoiler heavy. And as a result, those spoilers are out in the wild, so be careful if you want to keep the issue a surprise!

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
DC Comics did kinda screw things up a little by letting the spoilers out but I'm still excited to read this. Tom King is putting together a pretty interesting run on Batman and I'm curious to see how this launches into the second half of his apparent 100-issue run. I find the response to this by fans has been excessive though as with everything it seems lately. Marvel has spoiled countless stories in the press and DC does it this time and everyone seems to be calling for their head and saying King will likely be fired and sales will tank. These people need to just chill out. It gets really tiring and embarrassing being a fan when we have to share space with people like that who just seem to hate everything.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,261 3
Toonzone
The Wedding is here! Will the Bat and the Cat finally tie the knot...?

BATMAN #50

Art by: Joëlle Jones, David Finch, Mikel Janin, Various, Lee Bermejo, Frank Miller, José Luis García-López, Ty Templeton, Becky Cloonan, Andy Kubert, Neal Adams, Rafael Albuquerque, Mitch Gerads
Written by: Tom King

It’s the wedding you never thought you’d see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can’t-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.

Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.

Did you pick up this issue? Discuss away!

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,471 4
Lackawanna, NY
So, I've read about the big, bad spoiler. Now that the issue is out, what is the twist at the end?

EDIT: Okay, I've got a better idea of what's going on now.
Bane's behind it. He was reformed for a while, wasn't he? Did the New 52 end that?

Last edited:

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was the point of all this if it was just going to be called off? And no surprise, it was called off because of the classic "sacrificing personal well being in order to protect others" cliché. Are both characters now just going to sulk around because they can't be BOTH happy and protect others?

If Batman and Catwoman care more about the greater good, then why don't they just live the married life, but not legitimately legally be married? Why don't Batman and Catwoman officially be crime fighting partners, and come home (be it the Batcave or Wayne Manor) at the end of the day.

For someone who's supposed to be "the world's smartest man", Batman didn't really think this out. WAIT. HE DIDN'T THINK THIS OUT? BUT HE'S BATMAN!!!! HE CAN LITERALLY DO ANYTHING IF HE CAN THINK IT OVER AND PREPARE HIMSELF FOR WHATEVER TASK IS AT HAND. Batman has a battle suit capable of fighting and defeating Superman, which includes Kryptonite chewing gum to spit in Superman's face. Batman has a Batcave on the moon. Batman can sit on Metron's chair and come away from it unharmed. Not only can Batman walk on water, but he can also turn it into wine as well. If I'm expected to believe in all those absurd scenarios in which Batman is already prepared, then Batman looks like (or flat out is) a complete moron when it comes to the "little things" (This wedding/figuring out how to making the relationship work. Or the time the Joker posed as an Arkham guard and easily lured Batman into a cell, then turned around to close the door and lock him in it).

All that isn't the point, but that's my take away from this. Not how Bane plotted the whole thing. WAIT. BATMAN IS THE "WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE". HOW DID HE NOT ALREADY KNOW BANE WAS PLOTTING AGAINST HIM?

May 15, 2013
I think the point was to make fans never trust DC's hype, never expect a change to the status quo, and especially never expect Batman to have anything that makes him happy. I've seen theorizing that the wedding will actually happen in issue 100, but the response even from the theorists is that it'll be too little, too late. Unless it's all an even deeper plan by Batman and Catwoman to trick Bane and they do get married within a few issues, and even then, it still sucks for the retailers and artists who put all the work into the variants for a BatCat wedding for #50 when the big event is actually in #55 or something. At least DC's supposedly accepting returns from retailers.

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
I'm seeing a lot of overreaction to this issue but that it par the course it seems for online fandom and its knee-jerk reactions. While DC is a little at fault here for how they sold the issue, honestly the marriage is not something that would likely ever happen. Batman's not Superman or Spider-Man after all. And the issue itself is fine and it has a lot of stunning artwork and the story itself works. It actually reframes King's run to do in a new way and I'm really interested to see how this long epic will play out. The twist that this is part of a plan by Bane is smart. He is one of Batman's smartest foes and this is a smart plan to break Batman emotionally much like how Bane tried to do so mentally in Knightfall. The cries above of Batman being too smart to fall for this are of course wrong. Some people don't seem to know how the whole 'being smart' thing works. Just because Batman is one of the smartest it doesn't mean he still isn't going to face problems or have a rough time deducing or solving something. He's smart, he'll figure it out. We've seen him uncover plots countless times and figure a way around them and I look forward to see how he figures out solving this one. A really great issue and that scene with Alfred had me tearing up a little. Very interested to see where this arc goes.

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
Batman goes back to his original suit because he doesn't want to wear the suit he proposed to Catwoman in? CRY. ME. A. RIVER. I never once thought I'd see Batman turned into this whiny mopey character he's been since the wedding fell apart. There's nothing wrong with being heartbroken or sad over what happened, but please don't drag this on and on where it's just Batman whining and moping (there's a difference between moping, and Batman's traditional brooding). Why do I get the feeling that if someone killed Catwoman on her way to the wedding, Batman would handle that better than this current situation?

It shouldn't take the world's greatest detective, I mean the world's smartest man, to figure out he and Catwoman can still live a married life without actually getting married. They seemed to do just fine during their engagement period.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...