"Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition" Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Release!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out the new Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition release from Warner Home Video!
Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition
Studio: Warner Home Video
Release Date: May 19th, 2009

Synopsis: Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy Award winner* for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration. Relive this classic in high-definition with the new Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release!

Bonus Features:
-Digital Copy
-Commentary by Director Tim Burton
-On the Set with Bob Kane
-Legends of the Dark Knight: The History of Batman
-The Comic Book Saga as Reinvented and Reinterpreted over Seven Decades
-Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Parts 1-3
-Beyond Batman Documentary
-Nocturnal Overtures: The Music of Batman
-3 Prince Music Videos
-The Heroes and The Villains Profile Galleries
-Batman: The Complete Robin Storyboard Sequence
-Theatrical Trailer

Discuss This Blu-ray!

Related Threads:
-Batman (1989) Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Returns Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Forever Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman & Robin Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997 DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Begins DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-The Dark Knight DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman Returns DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Please keep your posts as thoughtful, relevant and insightful as possible. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Please keep discussion ON-TOPIC!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A bit late, but The WF DVD Report has posted up a review of the recent Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release. Click on the image below to check out the review.
Thoughts on this release?

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
How big is the book? Is it the size of a normal blu-ray case?

I may get this, but only if I can read the printing in the book without a magnifying glass. :p

A.Magik

Batman never gets a regular description summary on the back cover. It's always 'review quotes'.

Spider-Man

I picked up the Blu-ray and the book is just about the size of the Blu-ray case but slightly smaller. I had no problem looking at it and it's really cool. Even if you own the movie on Blu-ray I'd say this is worth a pick-up for the book. It's a nice read but not a long one. But the pictures and art is really cool.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
defunctzombie said:
How big is the book? Is it the size of a normal blu-ray case?

I may get this, but only if I can read the printing in the book without a magnifying glass. :p
Defunctzombie,

Below are a few pictures of the set, taken with a digital camera, that should help with your question. My apologies for the low quality of the images.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Defunctzombie,

Below are a few pictures of the set, taken with a digital camera, that should help with your question. My apologies for the low quality of the images.
They, thanks a bunch. That doesn't look too bad. Maybe I'll get it at the local B&N if they still have a bogo sale.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the big screen premiere of the live-action Batman (1989), and Warner Home Video's Blu-ray release of Batman is the perfect way to experience this classic film.Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition
Studio: Warner Home Video
Release Date: May 19th, 2009

Synopsis: Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy Award winner* for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration. Relive this classic in high-definition with the new Batman (1989): 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release!

Bonus Features:
-Digital Copy
-Commentary by Director Tim Burton
-On the Set with Bob Kane
-Legends of the Dark Knight: The History of Batman
-The Comic Book Saga as Reinvented and Reinterpreted over Seven Decades
-Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Parts 1-3
-Beyond Batman Documentary
-Nocturnal Overtures: The Music of Batman
-3 Prince Music Videos
-The Heroes and The Villains Profile Galleries
-Batman: The Complete Robin Storyboard Sequence
-Theatrical Trailer

Comments and thoughts on this release? Discuss This Blu-ray!