"Balan Wonderworld" News and Discussion Thread

ToonJay723

Staff member

A new platformer by former Sonic the Hedgehog developer, Yuji Naka.

Welcome to BALAN WONDERWORLD: a wondrous show, the likes of which has never been seen before! The curtains have been lifted unveiling the all-new 3D action platformer created by the legendary creators Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima.

Twelve different tales await players in the bizarre and imaginary land of Wonderworld. As the star of the show you can use powers from 80 different costumes while exploring labyrinth stages, filled with a myriad of tricks and traps to get to the heart of each story.

As you journey through this land between fantasy and reality, you must find a way to bring balance to others and yourself. Arriving in Spring 2021 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X!

creator

This looks fantastic! I’m excited to see more. Hopefully 3D platformers make a big comeback.

Pooky

Staff member
Looks good, strong Nights into Dreams and Billy Hatcher vibes

Mandouga

"Nights into Dreams vibes"? That's what everyone said about Rodea the Sky Soldier, and look how that turned out...

Anyway, I really think everyone should judge this on its own merits. That is, we shouldn't expect this game to be like Sonic or NiGHTS (actual official spelling), or anything else Yuji Naka (or Naoto Ohshima) worked on. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it myself, but I have this feeling that it's coming out in 2021 because of the coronavirus...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts