Bakugan: Battle Planet (Pre-release discussions)

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
3,424 3
In a Dream World
The eleven minute format may still work out for the show, but playing up the comedy does make me wonder if they'll try too hard to make it funny for kids. I don't remember much of the original Bakugan series, but I don't think it had a lot of comedic moments.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,607 11
The eleven minute format may still work out for the show, but playing up the comedy does make me wonder if they'll try too hard to make it funny for kids. I don't remember much of the original Bakugan series, but I don't think it had a lot of comedic moments.
I somewhat remember Bakugan and there was a lot of comedy moments

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,708 69 1
Belgium
I hope this fails so badly. I usually don't care about cartoons I don't like, but I can't stand how these type of cartoons promote cards that are basically gambling. You don't know what cards you'll get when you buy them, so it's basically like buying a lottery ticket, except that you can usually win becoming popular during recess rather than winning money. Bakugan disgusts me. I hope it's gone by the time I become an uncle.

Flanders was almost free of toyetic anime. Yo-Kai got ditched quickly, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh haven't aired here for years. All that remained was Pokémon and (sometimes) Beyblade.

/just needed to get that off my chest

aegisrawks

Apr 25, 2010
Ratings
109 9
Paraguays
I loathe Bakugan as well, and I can get hating Yokai Watch for the medal hoarding too and same with YuGiOh... But hating Digimon of all things? Other than Tamers which doesnt even use the card game as an actual game none of the series promoe card games or colellecting things in a way that is harmful to children.

However I gotta say you are a pretty awesome and responsilble adult for looking out for children like this. Dont think Im condemning you or anythinglike that. Just curious.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,792 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Odds & Ends: Ocean rides Korean wave, Beyblade reruns, Bakugan bust

So much for the "Cartoon Network has literally 0 influence on shows they don't produce in-house" crowd. CN is the reason Bakugan Battle Planet has 11-minute episodes and will play up the comedy.

It's safe to say that unless they're picking up a show that's already aired internationally, CN will almost certainly impact its production, even if the show is produced and owned by someone else. Makes me wonder how much of their taint is over Mega Man: Fully Charged (we know their BS&P people have influenced content on it) and Transformers Cyberverse. They've certainly treated those shows very well ...
That sounds typical of any show really. They have a show being made, they show it off to various networks, and the networks provide notes on what they’re looking for in a show. Now a studio and show creators doesn’t have to follow the notes, but why continue to go months and years without anyone picking up your show, when you can just do what a network suggests to ensure success for you and the network? And I’m sure CN isn’t the only one who think the 11 minute format works best.
As for the comedy, I think a stronger focus on it could be good for the series. I wasn’t into Bakugan, because I didn’t like watching the characters play the card game. With a shorter format and a comedic take, its gameplay element can be downplayed. It might even feel like I’m not watching an 11 minute toy commercial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 22, 2018
Ratings
249 4
Watch weekdays at 7am turn out to be the normal slot. Deathslots can be on weekdays which is even worse than weekends, Gormiti and MetaJets have gotten that treatment (and those two were from when CN still cared about acquisitions even!).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Should I come back honestly? I don't think anybody missed me, but idk.
DC Superhero Girls, Infinite Train, Victor & Valentino, Thundercats Roar, Care Bears: Unlock The Magic, High Guardian Spice, Owl House, Amphibia, The Steven Universe Movie, She-Ra S2 and on, MLP S9/New Equestria Girls Specials, Rescue Bots Academy, Season 2 of Craig of the Creek, New OK KO Let's Be Heroes,etc. So much awesome animated content coming in 2019 it's crazy!! Its a great time to be a fan of animation!!
https://youtu.be/OGaZr1-0O7o Hey if Wolverine can be rated-R, and if Harley Quinn can get an R-rated animated series, plus if John Bloddy Constantine can be in Justice League Action, I can't see why Deadpool can't be PG-13.
>Voltron's final season
>Spiderverse hits theaters
>end of finals week

Friday can't come soon enough.