Bakugan: Battle Planet (Discussions)

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
The eleven minute format may still work out for the show, but playing up the comedy does make me wonder if they'll try too hard to make it funny for kids. I don't remember much of the original Bakugan series, but I don't think it had a lot of comedic moments.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
The eleven minute format may still work out for the show, but playing up the comedy does make me wonder if they'll try too hard to make it funny for kids. I don't remember much of the original Bakugan series, but I don't think it had a lot of comedic moments.
I somewhat remember Bakugan and there was a lot of comedy moments

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Yeah, Bakugan had it's comedic moments, though no more than any other toyetic anime for kids. It seems the new show might be pushing comedy as a main genre, though.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I hope this fails so badly. I usually don't care about cartoons I don't like, but I can't stand how these type of cartoons promote cards that are basically gambling. You don't know what cards you'll get when you buy them, so it's basically like buying a lottery ticket, except that you can usually win becoming popular during recess rather than winning money. Bakugan disgusts me. I hope it's gone by the time I become an uncle.

Flanders was almost free of toyetic anime. Yo-Kai got ditched quickly, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh haven't aired here for years. All that remained was Pokémon and (sometimes) Beyblade.

/just needed to get that off my chest

aegisrawks

Apr 25, 2010
Paraguays
I loathe Bakugan as well, and I can get hating Yokai Watch for the medal hoarding too and same with YuGiOh... But hating Digimon of all things? Other than Tamers which doesnt even use the card game as an actual game none of the series promoe card games or colellecting things in a way that is harmful to children.

However I gotta say you are a pretty awesome and responsilble adult for looking out for children like this. Dont think Im condemning you or anythinglike that. Just curious.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I don't hate Digimon. It was just an observation that toyetic anime is less popular here than it used to be when I was young.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Odds & Ends: Ocean rides Korean wave, Beyblade reruns, Bakugan bust

So much for the "Cartoon Network has literally 0 influence on shows they don't produce in-house" crowd. CN is the reason Bakugan Battle Planet has 11-minute episodes and will play up the comedy.

It's safe to say that unless they're picking up a show that's already aired internationally, CN will almost certainly impact its production, even if the show is produced and owned by someone else. Makes me wonder how much of their taint is over Mega Man: Fully Charged (we know their BS&P people have influenced content on it) and Transformers Cyberverse. They've certainly treated those shows very well ...
That sounds typical of any show really. They have a show being made, they show it off to various networks, and the networks provide notes on what they’re looking for in a show. Now a studio and show creators doesn’t have to follow the notes, but why continue to go months and years without anyone picking up your show, when you can just do what a network suggests to ensure success for you and the network? And I’m sure CN isn’t the only one who think the 11 minute format works best.
As for the comedy, I think a stronger focus on it could be good for the series. I wasn’t into Bakugan, because I didn’t like watching the characters play the card game. With a shorter format and a comedic take, its gameplay element can be downplayed. It might even feel like I’m not watching an 11 minute toy commercial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aegisrawks

Apr 25, 2010
Paraguays
I don't hate Digimon. It was just an observation that toyetic anime is less popular here than it used to be when I was young.
Then I up my agreement from 50% to 255%! The original Bakugan was dreadful and this looks like its not going to be any different.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I guess it isn't as bad as their Saturday morning deathslots. At least kids will be still out for winter break at the time, but it's still a pretty bad premiere slot for the series.

DragonKnightGX

Petit Lady
Feb 22, 2018
Watch weekdays at 7am turn out to be the normal slot. Deathslots can be on weekdays which is even worse than weekends, Gormiti and MetaJets have gotten that treatment (and those two were from when CN still cared about acquisitions even!).

SourSweetGone

Horde scientist
Mar 31, 2017
US
Watch weekdays at 7am turn out to be the normal slot. Deathslots can be on weekdays which is even worse than weekends, Gormiti and MetaJets have gotten that treatment (and those two were from when CN still cared about acquisitions even!).

Not really when school starts back-up kids will be up to see the show so the airings could still end up with steady ratings overall.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Yeah, I remember being able to watch a bit of TV while I was getting ready for school. It still isn't the best slot they could give the series, but there might be more of a chance for it to get some exposure with a weekday morning slot rather than a weekend morning slot. At least kids are usually up around 7AM on weekdays, depending on how long it takes for them to get ready for school.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

What would you do if you were in charge of Universal Kids?
Anybody remembered when Gerald McBoing Boing had Cartoon Network City Bumpers? I vaguely remembered them.
If you're reading this, please dip your fries in mayon(n)aise.
I have another voice actor following me on Twitter, David Sobolov. He's known for many roles , including Shockwave (Transformers Prime), Gorilla Grodd (The Flash 2014, Justice League Action), Drax (Guardians Of The Galaxy), Tatsurion the Unchained (Kaijudo), and many more . This is so awesome.