B:TAS "Girl's Night Out" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Girl's Night Out"

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 6 10.0%

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • **1/2

Votes: 4 6.7%

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • *1/2

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Discuss this classic Batman: The Animated Series episode from the The New Batman Adventures era!

25.jpg

Episode #105 - Girls' Nite Out
Original Airdate - October 17th, 1998.

Harley, Poison Ivy and Livewire team up to have a leisurely Gotham night out, while bringing the city to its knees in the process. With Batman out of town, Batgirl calls for Superman's help, but gets Supergirl's instead.

Comments?

Bleu Unicorn

\ (^v^) /
[color=63B8FF]Um, Pengy, not to nitpick...but the apostrophe comes after the "s" in the title. <runs away> (EDIT: My bad...it actually is "Girl's Nite Out" -- I just watched it. <sheepish grin>)

Anyway, if I wanted to, I could nitpick this debacle of an episode to death. There is the utter and completely horrible misuse of characters. There is a story that just stinks, save for it's premise. It's just executed terribly. And while there are episodes that have worse animation and worse stories and just plain stink even more than this one -- out of all them, I despise this one the most!!

Probably what pushes it over the edge for me is Harley. I know, I'm obsessive about her -- but the way she is used here just makes my stomach churn with disgust. She goes from having some wonderful depth and character in episodes like "Harley's Holiday" -- to being reduced to a pathetic, comedic sidekick with a big mallet. And now, while I certainly don't think she's the sharpest crayon in the sixty-four box, no one will ever convince me she is as dumb as she appears in this episode. Plus, I just don't enjoy her teamups with Poison Ivy very much. Nothing against Ivy, per se, but I always find these stories weaker.

Actually, tho even "Harley & Ivy" is a more enjoyable episode for me than this one!

1/2 star. I know, it's cruel, but I just can't find anything redeeming, for me, in this one. Call me cruel, call me mean, call me insanely unable to judge something worthwhile -- but I don't see anything here worth a better vote for me.[/color]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Originally posted by Bleu Unicorn
[color=63B8FF]Um, Pengy, not to nitpick...but the apostrophe comes after the "s" in the title. <runs away>[/color]
:eek: Man I can't believe I did that. All better! ;)

Samhaine

Time To Relax
[color=63B8FF]Um, Pengy, not to nitpick...but the apostrophe comes after the "s" in the title. <runs away>[/color]
Actually, I'm going to nitpick your nitpick....it is in fact "Girl's Night Out" Believe me, because I just saw it go past.

I'm surprised Batman let Barb drive the Batmobile. Actually, alot surprised me about this ep the first time I saw it - mainly, how they ruined such a great premise. But, this did lead to "Gotham Girls", so that's at least something positive...

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Originally posted by bloodone
Actually, I'm going to nitpick your nitpick....it is in fact "Girl's Night Out" Believe me, because I just saw it go past.
Ok, but after this I'm not changing it again!! :p

unknown hero

Chaos Dimension!
this is one of those episodes where the premise was great to explore, but it just didnt perform well under the circumstances. this should have been stretched out to 2 episodes, if just to make it more than just another hollow team up episode. and the way harley was depicted was just wrong :(

at least we got gotham girls out of it

Condiment King

custom user title

Eh, not an exception episode but not a HORRIBLE one either.

It was cool to see Batgirl and Supergirl team-up against Livewire, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy. I felt sorry for Harley in this episode because of the annoying Livewire.

The Batman teaser was more than I could bear. With all of the constant "Batman and Batgirl" episodes, we didn't need a Batgirl co-star.

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
It was an interesting and fun episode. It wasnt as great a team up as say "Worlds Finest" but i didnt hate this episode like i hated "Critters" .
3 starz.

Storm

Despite all of the other poster's feelings about "Girl's Night Out" I simply though that this was and is on of the best Batman episodes. I love the concept and it was plain fun to see and enough with the "I though it I was watching TNBA not Gotham Girls" comments how many times can you say that??? Anyway I give this episode 4 stars.

czyznyck99

There are mainly two things I didn't like about this episode.

1. Harley was reduced to a second rate villian, always trying to be "as good" as Livewire or Ivy, when she is probably better than both of them together.

2. Batgirl acted way out of character when interacting with Supergirl. Considering the episode takes place in dark Gotham, and her scientific mind, I expect more of a clash than a "sisterhood." That said, Supergirl was okay.

Other than that, it was fine. 2.5 stars.

Later.

Cyber E.

This episode was a starter for Gotham Girls, however I am not a large fan of GG so this annoyed me the first 7 times I saw it. Today is the first time I saw it after the release of GG and I actually still disliked it. The idea of a Supergirl/Batgirl "Girl Power!" team-up is a disgusting yet different look at the Batman/Superman series'. The lack of Batman no-show Superman was a downside for the episode and I always hated Livewire.

The episode dialogue was unique but poor Harley got treated like when she was with Mistah J. The animation was very good was some mistakes. But Batgirl driving the Batmobile.........come on people.....it isn't right.

Poison Ivy was back to her flirting ways which I liked not because I like ivy in "that way" but because it is a push for a Kids Show. Livewire is always a evil little wench and her comesbacks/dialogue/jokes/general speaking always ruins the episode.

Why they felt such a need for Batgirl in TNBA is still beyond me but still a so-so episode. But I wouldn't want to watch it till I get a good shot of Batman/Nightwing/Robin solo episodes. :p

3 Stars!

-The Venom
(I still mark it Cyber E! *smacks self*

(EDIT: My bad...it actually is "Girl's Nite Out" -- I just watched it. <sheepish grin>)

Don't worry, I get that one all the time. Damn Confusing English Language!

susan123

A good idea but not carried out very well. I like the idea of Supergirl/Batgirl team up but this episode made them both look lame. For instance, since Livewire was already hip to the fact that Batgirl had that silicate dust, Batgirl needed a backup way to take care of her and not rely on the dust. Going in unprepared...Batman would not have approved.

On the plus side, I liked the bit in Barbra's apartment with the girls wishing they had the others life and relaxing after the long day by washing their hair and doing their nails, ya know girls stuff. Another plus was Batman's warning not saying get Superman to Gotham but "Livewire's in Gotham. If Clark wants to get the story he should go there right away." A message that Clark would understand but if anyone answering the phone who didn't know Clark was Superman they would miss it.

3 and a half stars.

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
Man, you people are nuts! I thought it was a fine episode. Not too heavy or dramatic or anything, but whatever. It was entertaining, so I'm happy. Not that you don't have a right to complain or anything, I'm just saying my piece...

Patrick Bateman

Telling it like it is
and enough with the "I though it I was watching TNBA not Gotham Girls" comments how many times can you say that??? Anyway I give this episode 4 stars.
I've only said it one other time (Batgirl Returns). And last time I checked, I was entitled to my own opinions. Is there something wrong with me wanting a show called "Batman" to actually be about Batman?

I've got no problems with Gotham Girls, because that's their own series. But this is Batman's series, and that's why it aggravates me.

And maybe the fact that I can't relate to "Girl Power" has something to do with it. :rolleyes:

DR.MID-NITE

The Original
I have been trying to get my 2 daughters (ages 5 & 7) to watch Batman or Supes. But, this is the only episode they watch. They love seeing just girl heroes.

HarleyFan#1

This was a fun episode to watch if you werent worried about the nitpicks here and there. But I do have to say after watching this I hate how they made Harley seem inferior to Livewire and Poison Ivy. It was down right embarrssing to see her carry around that huge mallet.(although it was funny seeing her use it) Certainly she has more to her "gimmick" as a villain.

I give it 3 1/2 stars

Caped Crusader

Batman--The Dark Knight
I thought this was an entertaining episode. Sure, the plot was a bit weak, and I did find Harley to be rather annoying and useless, but it wasn’t one of the worst episodes. 3 stars.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts