"Avengers: Secret Wars" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
AvengersSecretWars.jpg

Release Date: May 7, 2027
May 1, 2026
November 7, 2025

Allegedly, a Secret Wars movie is in the works.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The original Secret Wars which was just to sell action figures, Secret Wars II which involved Spiderman teaching The Beyonder how to poop, Secret War which was Nick Fury creating an Avengers Team to invade Latveria , or the latest one which was a Multiversal War.

All seem likely to me.
Feels like the latest one, as Loki season 1 essentially set off the second Multiversal War. I would like it to be the first one.

Frontier

Staff member
Feels like the latest one, as Loki season 1 essentially set off the second Multiversal War. I would like it to be the first one.
It would be kind of interesting if the Kang plotline culminates in a Secret War where it's the main Earth battling all the other Multiversal Earths (maybe some from What If) for dominance after they get fused together by the Beyonder.

Maybe Kang and Doom battling for control of it all...

colomb

Secret Wars could be the next "endgame." I don't think it will happen until the early 2030s. The next two Avengers movies should be smaller scale.

reflection01

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know if this isn't releasing a year ahead of the other Avengers movie and instead 6 months this must be much more of a two parter movie then Infinity War/Endgame were. I mean yeah Infinity War and Endgame were telling parts of the same story but they were much different parts honestly with much different tones while I have a feeling here one will lead more into the other so yeah curious how that will all go.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if this means the Kang's somehow initiate Battleworld? Will they not use the Beyonder at all? Doom will have probably appeared by this point :confused:.

I mean, all this Multiverse storylines had to be building up to Secret War...but will the Russo's come back :ack:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes, perhaps things don't go very well at the end of Kang Dynasty and that leads to Battleworld?

So far Feige denied the Russos aren't attached. I mean they aren't right now... :p

Freddy

I mean, all this Multiverse storylines had to be building up to Secret War...but will the Russo's come back :ack:?

According to Feige, they aren’t: Kevin Feige Says The Russo Brothers Are NOT Directing AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY And AVENGERS: SECRET WARS

That's little dissappointing, since all four MCU movies they directed would probably be in my personal TOP-10 of the whole series and they did call Secret Wars their dream project, but it could also be fun to see an Avengers movie with a new flavor. If I had to personally pick someone who has already worked for MCU to replace them, I would go with Jon Watts, Ryan Coogler, Cate Shortland (say what you will about Black Widow as a whole, the scenes where the characters simply interacted together were great, which is something that an Avengers movie has to get right more than anything) or Adil & Bilall. If they decide to go with someone new, Jordan Vogt-Roberts, Francis Lawrence, David Gordon Green, Vince Gilligan, Dean Parisot or Justin Lin could be fun.

Frontier

Staff member
Yes, perhaps things don't go very well at the end of Kang Dynasty and that leads to Battleworld?

So far Feige denied the Russos aren't attached. I mean they aren't right now... :p
Maybe Kang, the Beyonder, or Doom end up fusing all the Multiverse or Variants together to create Battleworld and the main Earth heroes have to find a way to set things back to normal :ack:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Maybe Kang, the Beyonder, or Doom end up fusing all the Multiverse or Variants together to create Battleworld and the main Earth heroes have to find a way to set things back to normal :ack:.
Sigh. The movie is YEARS away and these types of speculations already make my head hurt. Let's just wait and see how it goes, all right? Things will probably work themselves out by then.

Edit:

Just for the record, and to point out the hypocrisy in my argument, I love talking about crazy stuff like that. But I think crazy theories actually need something to go on. We literally know nothing about the movie besides the name. I'll only start accept giving myself headaches by overthinking things once there are concrete things to overthink.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts