Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "The Panther and the Wolf" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this "Avengers Assemble" episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther Quest, tonight at 9:00PM ET on Disney XD!

NtouNqC.png
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "The Panther and the Wolf"
Episode Debut - October 7th, 2018

To uncover enemies within Wakanda, Black Panther and Shuri cross paths with someone from their past.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm not super familiar with Hunter from the comics, so I wasn't really expecting all of the sibling rivalry in this episode. I liked the episode and overall liked how kinetic the action was. I kind of dug this techno version of Man Ape. A very different take from the movie, even though the face resembles the actor a little.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
For once, I wished they kept the synergy. Seeing these characters portrayed differently from the movie is kinda weirding me out. I guess I’m used to the synergy, even though they’re clearly using the comic versions.

Why did White Wolf just randomly take off his helmet? Just so we know he’s Caucasian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest “The Panther And The Wolf”

Listening to T’Challa and Hunter discuss their childhoods shows me that the show has come a long way from when it was the show where Hawkeye loudly barges into Hulk’s room and breaks his glass figurines because he ate the last pickle. I’m glad about that, because I hated that specific show.

It’s also the show that is allowed to say “kill”. That might explain the late night timeslot, and why as of yet no episodes have been replayed on Sunday morning.

I like the idea that White Wolf is actually white. I find Black Panther’s name a bit cringe-inducing, simply because the character is, and like Black Lightning, it disturbs me to have a character state their race in their superhero name. It’s cheesy and sounds like a gimmick. But White Wolf actually makes T’Challa’s name on-the-nose instead. Just because White Wolf is white, I’m starting to appreciate the joke.

I love that Shuri, T’Challa, and Hunter just mock the frak out of M’Baku. It’s super effective, and you realize the only reason we’ve never witness T’Challa use this tactic before is because he isn’t actually funny, and only feels comfortable laughing along with other people.

I like the moment where Black Panther claims he beat the Hulk, but when surprise is expressed, he correctly amends the statement to the truth that it wound up a draw. That’s a very cool character facet that T’Challa is secure enough in his own prowess that he doesn’t have to make it sound more than it is. He is ultimately humble and not a braggart. He’s never been a braggart before, but he never struck as humble either. His refreshing honesty in that moment is making me rethink that opinion.

This is only the fourth episode and this is already better than all of the current shows beside Marvel Rising. I suspect they knew this was gonna be the last season, and figured it wouldn’t hurt anything to actually TRY. Delivering a good show based on a comic book is not and should not be as hard as Marvel and DC seem to make it look.

Excellent episode. ****1/2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts