Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Shadow of Atlantis, Parts 1-2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and Discuss the Season 5 Premiere of "Avengers Assemble"!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,800 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Well, it’s interesting seeing theses designs after what we’ve had so far, the animation didn’t necessarily improve so maybe this is just cheaper to animate. I don’t mind.
Everything else was alright and is typical of what we’ve gotten before, quality wise.
Shuri and T’Challa’s banter got annoying though. She’s supposed to be a super genius but was pretty much useless and just wanted to be in the action, like a bratty baby sister.

So, will Black Panther be able to entertain us as being the central character for 26 episodes? I dunno, but I do wonder if this Avengers series is going to do this from here on out, have one of heroes get a main focus each season. Maybe Captain Marvel will be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
422 1 1
Visit site
The Namor thing isn't that big of a deal. I'm not sure why this thread turned into a debate about him not being in this.
Because Namor is a major, if not the MAIN part of Marvel's version of Atlantis. Heck, MOST (if not ALL) of those Atlantis characters in this episode either came from Namor's past comic book series or from stories involving Namor. So yeah, it is a "big deal".

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
Ratings
The Tardis
This was pretty good. I'm digging the more political slant they're going with. Made me wish they could use Doctor Doom.

The Namor thing isn't that big of a deal. I'm not sure why this thread turned into a debate about him not being in this.
Probably because people are sick of these stupid character embargoes Marvel insists on having.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Ratings
Namor is one the original Marvel heroes, whose creation was big stepping stone in the birth of Marvel Universe as a whole. The dude predates both Captain America and Fantastic Four. Is really petty of Marvel to ignore him, just because they don't have his movie rights and without him Atlanteans have become generic bad guy race.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,871 9
I guess this is one of those cases where it would be better if Atlantis didn't play a part in the latter episodes of the series, kind of like how Dr. Doom disappeared after season 1 due to rights issues.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,548 10
Can we please drop the whole Namor talk? Unless it's part of a review of this episode or discussing it.

This thread has mainly been just posts talking about him, and nothing else discussing the episode (positively or negatively -- doesn't really matter which). Not trying to put myself above everyone else, but it's off-topic ramblings about a character who's not in it.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018
Ratings
comic world
I wish they make up their minds on what universe they want the show to be in. I love this series, but the continuity is a mess. Is Kamala Khan the same one from the 2017 Marvel Spider-man cartoon? Are these the same Avengers from seasons 1-4? Characters act like they never met before despite meeting in an early episode.

Feels like my head is about to explode from the confusion. o_O

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,885 13
Framingham, MA
I feel like it's an unreasonable ask to have this show keep all of the continuity straight with the other shows. But actually keeping its OWN continuity straight is something that should be a no-brainer. Every single show that doesn't know it's own history and what happened is lesser than a show that actually knows what it's doing.

I like the season so far more than the other seasons, but I don't think actually keeping things consistent would have hurt anything, and in fact might have made things less confusing.