Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Atlantis Attacks" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and Discuss this "Avengers Assemble" episode!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Tune in for Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther Quest! Disney XD will premiere two new episodes, back-to-back, tonight starting at 9:00PM ET! Don't miss the two-part season finale!

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Atlantis Attacks"
Episode Debut - February 24th, 2019

All of Black Panther’s efforts to protect Wakanda are thrown into jeopardy by a new foe.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Notes: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Additionally, some of the cast members will live-tweet during the premiere, and a special audio commentary of the episode will be released on YouTube. More details here.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Atlantis Attacks"

I think the thing that drove me craziest about this show is that the villains are all so stupid and obvious, and until this episode, the good guys were STILL getting stomped by them. God Bast is such an idiot.

I have come down hard on the trial by combat premise in recent weeks and if anything this episode made me hate it even more. I am not sorry T'Challa is off the throne. He was a crap king who never cared about the people. What pisses me off is that when Alanna blames him for destroying Atlantis he says it wasn't his fault, it was Bast, and they could defeat her together.

Because of that stupid trial by combat law, it IS his fault. 100%. He cannot have that stupid law on the books and then proclaim total innocence when the inevitable happens. Take some responsibility for your own actions, T'Challa. Your brother might not needed to have died to have convinced Alanna or your righteousness otherwise. Frankly, were I Alanna, I certainly would not have declared peace. I wouldn't even really blame her for going scorched Earth instead. Burning it all down even if it meant her own death. Really. Wakanda committed genocide against her people and destroyed their homeland. I do not think she needs to learn a lesson about peace and tolerance by the end of the day. It's weird the episode thinks she should.

The one thing in the episode I liked is Klaw's hilarious (and loud) reluctance as an ally. This Klaw is definitely not the sinister Ultimate Evil from the BET Reginald Hudlin show. He's a bit of a punchline instead, which suits me just fine.

What gets me is I think this episode believed I'd be impressed with it by the end. The writers are going to be just as surprised at my negative reaction as Bast is to everyone else not recognizing her tactical genius. But it's actually no surprise at all. That sucked. *1/2.

Mod Note: Post edited for language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
This episode was basically the proper season finale of the series, culminating all the major storylines and conflicts, creating a big status quo change for T'Challa and Wakanda, and even a major sacrifice to boot. I think this might have benefited from having a second part or another episode to space things out and give it it's due, but for the most part I thought the creators did a solid job of satisfactorily concluding everything :).

I love Klaw being T'Challa's unwilling villain buddy. He keeps unwittingly helping Black Panther, and he hates it. It's a far cry from the deranged nemesis to the Black Panther he's usually depicted as, but it's pretty entertaining here ;).

I'm sure M'Baku probably survived that fall with how durable his armor is :rolleyes2:.

Fitting that Shuri would end up being the one to help "defeat" and, in doing so, redeem Bask by making her realize how her warmongering and obsession with power was ultimately to Wakanda's detriment. Shuri has always had an edge on her brother in terms of intellect and talking people into doing what she wants, so it was fitting that she would use her word to challenge and win over Bask :).

Poor Atlantis. They lose their king and survive yet another near genocide :ack:.

I don't know how I feel about this show's version of Killmonger. He styles himself as this master-schemer and deadly adversary for T'Challa, but ultimately I don't think he ever came off as formidable or threatening as other versions of Killmonger. And his "final" fight with T'Challa was really okay more then anything else :confused:.

Hunter's death...kind of just happened. I was honestly not expecting them to legitimately kill him off since Tiger Shark's attack didn't seem that fatal and it seemed kind of tacked on with everything else going on. I can't say Tiger Shark surviving to face justice was all that satisfying in making up for losing White Wolf either :sad:.

T'Challa losing his kingship was an interesting way to end things, especially since we'll probably never see his newfound freedom from the throne or explore Shuri as queen. I guess it's good to see that T'Challa will no longer need to concern himself with the politics and complications of being a king and juggling that with all that he must do as the Black Panther, and now he's free to be the hero and protector of Wakanda that he has been since the start of the series :cool:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.