AT&T buys Time Warner

PF9

I feel that if WarnerMedia one day buys Univision Communications, it would allow WarnerMedia News and Sports (which would take over Univision's news and sports assets) to collaborate with CBS Sports in producing Spanish-language telecasts of CBS Sports programming, like the NFL.

CBS Sports and WarnerMedia already co-produce March Madness.

lowell

I feel that if WarnerMedia one day buys Univision Communications, it would allow WarnerMedia News and Sports (which would take over Univision's news and sports assets) to collaborate with CBS Sports in producing Spanish-language telecasts of CBS Sports programming, like the NFL.

CBS Sports and WarnerMedia already co-produce March Madness.
Univision's already bought:

PF9

Univision's already bought:

Doesn't mean it can't be sold again by the end of the decade, especially if a company like WarnerMedia wanted to expand its presence in Spanish-language American programming to compete better with NBCUniversal (owner of Telemundo).

lowell

Doesn't mean it can't be sold again by the end of the decade, especially if a company like WarnerMedia wanted to expand its presence in Spanish-language American programming to compete better with NBCUniversal (owner of Telemundo).
I mean, it's not a focus in the Streaming Wars enough that they would want to buy it. I'd argue if Fox Corporation decided to sell off Fox Sports, AT&T could buy it to expand Turner Sports.

If anything, ViacomCBS's 50% stake in the CW, a merged MGM with Annapurna and/or Samuel Goldwyn Films, etc. are more of the assets that WarnerMedia could use to help themselves expand in terms of content production and even boost HBO Max as well.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

First look at "Thomas and Friends" 2D reboot:

Looks cute, but judging from long-time fans, they didn't like it.

I don't mind Thomas being in 2D, really.
The most dangerous Batman villain is Toothpaste.

harry580 wrote on RainbowCupcake's profile.
hey I like your profile pic, I like Madagascar

Featured Posts