Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
In the year 2000... Watch it while you can, the schedule changes next week. This is the official talkback thread for Week 3 of "Astro Boy" airing on Toonami Monday March 22nd through Thursday March 25th at 5.0 PM (4.0 Central). Get your old school on and comment on these episodes! While this thread covers the entire week, please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

Thundercats, Gundam, G.I. Joe, Sailor Moon, He-Man, Dragonball Z, Transformers, Batman, Robotech, Jonny Quest and now Astro Boy. With the latest remake of the original anime series Toonami has pretty much brought you every classic franchise in its 7 year history. What awaits us in Astro Boy's final week (for now) on the block? Tune in to find out. Only Toonami.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami please use use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

Episode Titles:

Monday March 22nd - "Franken"
Tuesday March 23rd - "Venus Robots"
Wednesday March 24th - "Reviving Jumbo"
Thursday March 25th - "Robot Hunters"

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
That beginning reminds me of the beginning of Episode 1, except more primitive.

OK, this is reminding me of Nano from TMNT2K3.

Grr. One thing I hate about anime is how friggin hot the teachers are. I never had hot teachers when I went to school. :(

Oh no! Someone call Hayao Miyazaki! The Nightwalker from Princess Mononoke escaped!

I see Jack is voiced by Lara Jill Miller (Kari in Digimon). The voice sounds like a young boy version of her regular voice.

Well, the old "Monster-robot-that-devours-metal" plot was gonna be used sometime. Nice to see the producers got it out of the way fast.

Did Jack just call Astro "Afro"?

That doesn't look like 96 serial numbers on the main monitor...

Oh, that black police officer sounds so familiar. Who is he played by?

The fade-out to the second commercial break was crappily put it.

Hehe, Tawashi friggin rocks.

You know, the police bots look like the Clyde 53's...

Al Franken. Oh god, what a horrible pun.

Nice final battle, I liked how Al saved Jack, even if it was cliché.

Beat

Retired
I found something intresting.

Steve Skroce drawing what appeared to be concept art for an Americanized Astro Boy.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

That seems like a Wizard feature from a while ago. I do like many of their features, from the East Meets West (Goku VS Superman, Spider-Man VS Vash, etc.), to the Ultimate DC Universe (GREAT designs)...

Beat

Retired
Or the Bruce Timm Dirty Pair pic...

Anyhoo, I stand by anti-Saturday morning stance. F.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

Beatdigga said:
I found something intresting.
Steve Skroce drawing what appeared to be concept art for an Americanized Astro Boy.
I'm sorry, but that's just freaking stupid looking. What's next? Todd McFarlane's Power Rangers?

Beat

Retired
MattThomasM2B said:
I'm sorry, but that's just freaking stupid looking. What's next? Todd McFarlane's Power Rangers?
(Tries to block mental image from head, and prepares for inevitable Knux commenting)

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
eeeks! thats one ugly creepy picture you found Beatdigga!

not sure why I'm bothering to watch the show since they won't finish it but I will! todays episode was kinda :eek: and suspenseful! that "driving driving" chanting by the big bot was creepy and weirded me out most of the episode. the suspense came when the police fired on Astro! that was cruel but necessary and luckily he was unharmed. it's nice to see Astro integrated back into school quickly and nicely to.

Beat

Retired
Here's another pic that does two things.

1. Balance out the ugliness.
2. Says what I want on Toonami better than words can. (When's the remastered version due? And could they score the rights to the Japanese songs? Or even better, could they just get the original and dub it?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke

Hmm, wonder what the giant robot bell is.

I bet NASA would love to have these Explorer bots.

Geez, Astro's built for everything, including deep-sea exploration. Who knew?

Whaddya wanna bet this city is Atlantis?

This is reminding me of Gigantor.

Where are all the walking, talking, dolphins?

Tenma, never say never. Didn't your mom tell you that.

Damn, the Venus Robot told you off, Astro.

Wow. Astro's actually having a hard time.

o.o Didn't expect Astro to freeze up, literally.

Damn, Yuko kicked Tenma's butt.

She looks like a female version of the Doctor from Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Hehe, Tenma got slapped hard.

I want Tenma's car!

OK, so it's a future Atlantis, or is it a future Atlanta?

Weatherman

Space...not what it used to be
Staff member
Reporter
Good episode. Astro's definately seting himself apart from every other robot with his reasoning and emotions. I do have to say that there were a few kida creepy moments in today's ep though. The robots chanting was kinda.....*shiver*......:shrug:

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Deep Thoughts: 3/23 Tue

Fine ep if one can overlook these:

1. If the robots are really dangerous, why bury them on Earth? Send them to the sun, smart scientists! (The sun is too big and powerful to be affected by those cold rays.) :rolleyes:

2. OK, if Astro was able to separate the cold N-tank so easily, why didn't the scientists do that in the first place? :rolleyes:

3. Heck, who would build such powerful robots in the first place without thinking what to do later? It's like nobody learned from the radioactive nuke materials or something. :rolleyes:

4. Anyways, maybe it's just the chara design, but the "captain" looks a lot like female Tenma. Maybe his mother? :D

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Deep Thoughts: 3/24 Wed

1. One would've thought Dr. O'Shea had told Astro about that Guardian Shield before letting him fly off towards prison. :shrug:

2. Jennifer Darling is credited in this ep, like in the first ep. So which chara(s) is she? :confused:

Duke

I am so gonna miss this series. I hope it shows up on Saturday Toonami, even if it's relegated to 5PM or Midnight or whatever.

I coulda sworn I heard Steven Blum as one of the robots, but it may have been someone similar due to all the robotic filters on the voices. Anybody have a clue?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
I really am liking that Skunk crook! he reminds me alot of Beck from Big O. the shows been getting much better with this last week of episodes so I really wish it would stay :(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My daily reminder of Twitter being cancer on level with TikTok (which is worse, despite not being around as long.):

Yeah: I thought a boy and a girl becoming more than friends was usually the norm when it came to building healthy future relationships, last time I checked. Or is it that these characters are straight?
devil cookie pfp time!

because of this tweet...
So NERF sells Minecraft toys apparently...
Something I've noticed about Popeye on MeTV's Saturday Morning Cartoons as of late- not only are there now 4 shorts instead of 3, they're mostly, if not entirely, ones from the 1950s. A decade that Warner Home Video has yet to tackle for the Sailor Man. Almost like it's a sign.
Here is my multisource Sparta "no BGM" remix. Enjoy! :)

Featured Posts