Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Kokoro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter
Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy, weekdays at 5.0. Boys don't cry, currently only Toonami.

Spoilers: If an episode has aired on Toonami, you can talk about it. If not, please use spoilers.

Episodes Airing This Week:
March 15th: Ranbow Canyon
March 16th: Atlas
March 17th (Toonami's 7th Birthday): Astro VS Atlas
March 18th: Neon Express

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Tuesdays & Wednesday's episodes were the last to be shown on Kids' WB!, which is kinda a good thing, or something. Anyway, the Atlas 2-parter is really good.

And today's episode proves that Astro, like most other male heroes with badass powers, is a pimp.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

Ugh, I'm so conflicted on this show.

The music is changed, the OPs and EDs aren't there and Astro's character isn't always trustable.

But the stories are good enough to watch from start to end.

I don't know whether to hate it or like it. :(

Weatherman

Space...not what it used to be
Staff member
Reporter
Well don't that just warm the cockles of yer heart.:)

They've got a heck of a writing crew for this show. Not often you see characters established as well as those two within just one episode.:cool:

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
another good episode. Astro is getting to be pretty smart! the shows humans vs robots thing is reminding me of humans vs mutants in x-men evo. the whole second half was pure action even though there was no fighting. I just hope I'm not the only one who fell for Katari's scam

Beat

Retired
MattThomasM2B said:
I don't know whether to hate it or like it. :(
I am your inner otaku. You must hate this cut up version. Anything edited for Saturday Morning TV is teh suck...:p :p

Duke

Added a poll.

This episode friggin rocked. Sony, why couldn't you have put this on Toonami to begin with?

Beat

Retired
Duke said:
Added a poll.

This episode friggin rocked. Sony, why couldn't you have put this on Toonami to begin with?
I second that. Why, oh why, didn't you put it somewhere where it might have gotten some respect?

Some respect > No respect.

Weatherman

Staff member
Reporter
Probably becuase KidsWB had the demographics that they were looking for initially. That, and maybe they're a bit unfamiliar with the way KidsWB punks stuff since I think they haven't worked with KidsWB since MiB, I think.

Duke

MattThomasM2B said:
They were all American made.
However, they were all done by Sony. The only anime Sony's dubbed is (I believe) Cyborg 009 (other than Astro Boy, obviously).

Beat

Retired
Duke said:
However, they were all done by Sony. The only anime Sony's dubbed is (I believe) Cyborg 009 (other than Astro Boy, obviously).
They assumed Saturday Morning treats American releases and anime the same.

Big mistake.

Duke

So, uh, any comments on the episode itself? Aside from the usual "Kids' WB! sucks" stuff?

Weatherman

Staff member
Reporter
I forgot about Jackie Chan Adventures, but I didn;t realize X-Men:Evo went through Sony. My mistake. You think they would have learned from the X-Men handling.

As I said, the ep rocked! Excelelnyt characterization, big explosions and more glimpses at how the world works. I hate to think of what's going to happen when more of the anti-robot forces pop up.:(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My daily reminder of Twitter being cancer on level with TikTok (which is worse, despite not being around as long.):

Yeah: I thought a boy and a girl becoming more than friends was usually the norm when it came to building healthy future relationships, last time I checked. Or is it that these characters are straight?
devil cookie pfp time!

because of this tweet...
So NERF sells Minecraft toys apparently...
Something I've noticed about Popeye on MeTV's Saturday Morning Cartoons as of late- not only are there now 4 shorts instead of 3, they're mostly, if not entirely, ones from the 1950s. A decade that Warner Home Video has yet to tackle for the Sailor Man. Almost like it's a sign.
Here is my multisource Sparta "no BGM" remix. Enjoy! :)

Featured Posts