Astro Boy "The Rise of Pluto" Talkback (Spoilers)

Would a shirt really make the difference?

• 10 Robots - I can see how Astro got to be such a big legend.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 9 Robots - Not too bad. Astro could use a missle launcher, but not bad at all.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 8 Robots - This would've been an awesome episode if Astro would just wear a friggin shirt!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 7 Robots - It seems the boy robot is off his game tonight.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 6 Robots - Eh, it was better than watching the Dog Show on ESPN at least.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Robots - Never mind, the Dog Show would've been better.

• 4 Robots - BRING BACK ENERGON! :mad:

• 3 Robots - I thought all the crap went to Miguzi!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2 Robots - Why I chose this over a [i]Reno 911![/i] marathon is beyond me.

• 1 Robot - First [i]Jackie Chan Adventures[/i], now [i]Astro Boy[/i]. I thought Toonami WASN'T kiddie

• 0 Robots - I now see why Kids' WB! threw it out.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
The biggest anime legend ever, reborn. After being booted off (to the delight of fans) of Kids' WB!, Astro Boy has found a (seemingly) permanently home on Toonami. It's so sweet. Astro Boy. ONLY Toonami.

Synopsis by me. True, Yahoo has a spoiler-free one, but you all like mine so much more, right?

"Dr. Tenma's at it again, this time creating Pluto, a robot that will...destroy all robots. Well, specifically, Earth's strongest robots. Enter Astro. But he won't be alone, as Harley from the Rocketball League is helping out...as Pluto's first target. Will Astro be able to stop Pluto? Will Tenma stop being insane? Will Astro ever interface with a Gundam? Will Astro ever meet a suicidal Mobile Suit pilot? Will Astro put on a shirt?"

Spoilers: You know the rules by now. If not, go read the FAQ. Multiple times. Burn it into your brain so that you're reciting the rules in your sleep. Then the infestation can begin...

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Confirmed

Now that it's been described for me, yes Maune, this was on KidsWB afternoon where I saw it.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Thanks for the update! At least it is still a Toonami premiere. Considering Toonami generally runs things in order, it will be inevitable to run into some Kids WB episodes considering how random their schedule of Astro Boy was at times.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
In all honesty, I'd rather have Astro than Energon. :p

And while this episode was on KWB, how many people actually saw it on there? Hell, I missed all but two episodes ("Franken" and the 2nd part of the 2-parter where the Kikaider-ish police robot is introduced [Delta, was it?]) during KWB's weekday run. Partly because I rarely ever watch the weekday lineup, and partly because I knew it would be returning to Toonami (where it belongs) anyway.

Mystic Shadow

Escapes Death once a day
Duke, DUKE, DUUUKE! ARRRGGGHHHH! Care to explain number 4? Hmmm?

Well, I don't like this show.... that's all.

Conan-san

Duke said:
"Dr. Tenma's at it again, this time creating Pluto, a robot that will...destroy all robots. Well, specifically, Earth's strongest robots. Enter Astro. But he won't be alone, as Harley from the Rocketball League is helping out...as Pluto's first target. Will Astro be able to stop Pluto? Will Tenma stop being insane? Will Astro ever interface with a Gundam? Will Astro ever meet a suicidal Mobile Suit pilot? Will Astro put on a shirt?"
Will there ever be a respectible explantion as to why Trista was renamed to Setsuna? Will I ever stop tryign to worm Viewtiful Joe and PS/PG Sailor Moon into every damn topic? Does 2 and 2 realy make 5? Who is batman? Why is Craig talking to himself and better yet, why is he talking back?

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Will Astro be able to stop Pluto? Will Tenma stop being insane? Will Astro ever interface with a Gundam? Will Astro ever meet a suicidal Mobile Suit pilot? Will Astro put on a shirt?"
In consecutive order...

Of course.
Nah.
Maybe in our dreams.
Maybe if Tenma built one and used it himself. I'd watch that.
He should really do something about his hair first.

WHOO for Astro Boy back on TV!

Mmm...does this take place before or after the fight with Atlas?

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

That opening music is PATHETIC.

I think I was happier with the Toonami intro.

InvaderEd77

Left For Dead
That's the old Kid's WB intro tacked on. It is pretty stupid, but it's better than Mega Man NT Warrior...

BTY, who was the Astro look alike in the tutu?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
InvaderEd77 said:
BTY, who was the Astro look alike in the tutu?

I thought it WAS Astro! :eek: I was disturbed by the whole cheerleader Astro thing but as long as its not him :sweat:
chicken.gif

True Noir

Astroboy, so far, is....okay. Last time it premiered, I didn't really care to watch it. I haven't found much about it that makes the show different from other kid robot shows. Anyone mind telling me why this is such a great show?

InvaderEd77

Left For Dead
Rabi~en~Rose said:
I thought it WAS Astro! :eek: I was disturbed by the whole cheerleader Astro thing but as long as its not him :sweat:
chicken.gif
I thought it was too, until I saw him in the backround. I have a feeling that she was introduced in an episode that Kid's WB decided to skip.

InvaderEd77

Left For Dead
Youko Recca said:
She came out of nowhere...like the Junior Detective Ulcers. The kids are looking way too....cute.
Is she a robot or a human? Cause she has a kind of Astro hairstyle going on.

She is way too cute though.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

Boy, I'm sure those hardasses at KidsWB just -loved- seeing that circus reporter guy getting clipped so fast.

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
thought this episode was pretty good. plenty of action, but it took long enough to get to where astro boy and pluto actually fight.

InvaderEd77

Left For Dead
1.She has to be a robot, since she's Astro's sister. But who built her? Tennma? Oshay? That maid robot? I don't know.

2.Why is Tennma wearing that eyeball tarb when he's around Pluto? Is he not supposed to be recognized or something?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts