AS/Toonami Schedule Updates

Latest News & Videos

Zorak Masaki

So Samurai Jack is the 8pm show now? I assume only the first 4 seasons unless they want to pull out the old "American Cowboys" disclaimer.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Glad to see they're not just shoving the Fox shows back into the 8PM hour. They could've easily fallen into old pre-DB Super habits, but it seems they're willing to experiment. I hope they keep this up.

Dan's Revenge

"I studied Soupe de Jours for five years" - Dan
Hmm. Here I thought there wasn't much in options for them to take it back. Samurai Jack leading off is an interesting one. Good transition, though I wonder for how long it lasts. Possibly could see another Toonami show (probably DBS again or even DBZK) after SJ's run ends.

jaylop97

Staff member
Samurai Jack is a good choice to kick off the night, that's if they don't only stick to Season 5 alone.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here's the schedule that will air on January 5th before Toonami. Looks like the DBZ Kai reruns are not gone and Dragon Ball Super reruns are back.

Dan's Revenge

Hmmm. Interesting. I almost wish DBZK was 1 hour, but am okay with it as it shows. Super's about to get really good, so assuming 8:30 are replays of the previous week's premier, it'd hopefully do well enough even if a repeat. Still though, starting with 1 hour of action as [as] itself, jumping into the 2-hour comedy portion, then Toonami, you still have your 7 hours of action anyway, just the DBZ hour broken off from the block itself.

Liking the post-Toonami comedy hour of the first season VB plus HM after.

Zorak Masaki

The 1/13 airing of Boo Boo Runs Wild has to be a mistake as they wouldnt air the same special in the same time slot two weeks in a row (wonder why they're airing it in the first place unless they're going to air older specials Sundays at 8).

wjbraden

The 1/13 airing of Boo Boo Runs Wild has to be a mistake as they wouldnt air the same special in the same time slot two weeks in a row (wonder why they're airing it in the first place unless they're going to air older specials Sundays at 8).
No, it's no mistake. Back in 2006, they aired the same special over and over again every Sunday for about 10 weeks. Why, you ask? For teh lolz. So now they're doing it again.

Dan's Revenge

No, it's no mistake. Back in 2006, they aired the same special over and over again every Sunday for about 10 weeks. Why, you ask? For teh lolz. So now they're doing it again.
I think they ran it about 4 weeks in a row in the 1:00am Sunday slot. Great time that was, especially when they had a different promo for the following week promoting it as a premier each time.

Incidentally, I'm 100% sure all airings are uh... new ;)

Lex The Bookworm

If adult swim airs Boo Boo Runs wild every Sunday as a permanent schedule up until September 22nd to coincide it's 20th anniversary then it would be adult's swim longest non-toonami weekly special streak

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, PPG artist.
Doesn't surprise me. Boo Boo Runs Wild is only one special. If they play it every week, it would get tiresome and repetitive.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
There still might be small chance that it'll returned September 22nd for one week only to coincide it's 20th year anniversary.
I'm hoping they don't. Frankly, I wish AS would just stop airing this special, period. They've aired it way too much already (besides, they have plenty more pilots that they don't air enough), and its director doesn't deserve any more attention since he was exposed.

Lex The Bookworm

It's been nearly 3 years since Adult swim aired Aqua Teen Hunger Rorce Seasons 8-11 on Sundays and it never got a chance to air on weekdays.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I don't get why some people thought the Season 5 Finale of Steven Universe would've been better suited as a Series Finale, when there's still a TV Movie and at least one more season coming on the way.
I have a channel on YouTube - TheSnickers04 :)
"Double Dare at Super Bowl" commercial! Can't wait!
Viacom is buying PlutoTV it's official now
Asa
Today the world honored the legacy of our true hero, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and his most famous motto, "I have a dream".