AS Losing Nearly All of their Fox Shows

Latest News & Videos

I.R. Shokew

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Experimental programming just doesn't have the novelty it used to. [as] needs to focus on producing "accessible" shows instead of appealing to a niche audience if they want to survive.
They need to just hire people who can draw and produce shows at a more frequent pace; Venture Bros. Being the best example; don't get me started on R&M, even if that show looks like trash... There's No excuse for these long hiatuses on what can be considered quality products here, really.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Hell, even the stoner comedies took year or two year long breaks and they were cheap 11 minute series. Robot Chicken, a stop motion show nonetheless, is an exception though even that show has new episodes consistently every year.

Last edited:

I.R. Shokew

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Seems like they didn't expect R&M to take off and become so big. Or the producers of it don't know or care about what they're doing. Or both.
...And that's why it's important to actually care. You have to, better yet, need to care! Otherwise, why even do it, other than to tick people off?!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I mean, to be fair, they ventured into various side/spinoff projects since the show debuted over the years, but it's quite clear they didn't expect it to become so big and didn't have a longterm plan to begin with. I remember when it came out. It was this underground cult series almost nobody knew about. Then season two came and all of a sudden overnight boom and by season three it became so mainstream that it got somewhat annoying. It was everywhere. It reminded me a lot of the Simpsons. Basically a similar sell out, just burning fuel more quickly. Or Big Bang Theory and any other live sitcom that doesn't know when to stop. Now they suddenly have plans for seven more seasons? Well, great. I'm curious how many of those episodes will actually make sense and be decent. Like, I get it. It's 2019 and we're basically living on Planet Promo and the content won't go anywhere, but come on. You can entertain a thought only so much.

Radical Edward

from Netflix's Cowboy Bebop
Hell, even the stoner comedies took year or two year long breaks and they were cheap 11 minute series. Robot Chicken, a stop motion show nonetheless, is an exception though even that show has new episodes consistently every year.
I don't get this. [as]'s stoner comedies don't even look particularly hard to make. Do they not give deadlines at all?

Zorak Masaki

Maybe they should pick up Minty Lewis's "Bottom's Butte" show. From the pilot, it looked more like an AS show anyway, and while it wasnt the best pilot, it did show potential, plus, having Minty's name attached might interest some of the Regular Show fanbase.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Maybe they should pick up Minty Lewis's "Bottom's Butte" show. From the pilot, it looked more like an AS show anyway, and while it wasnt the best pilot, it did show potential, plus, having Minty's name attached might interest some of the Regular Show fanbase.
She's working with the Bob's Burgers writers on a new Fox animated series.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
The Disney-FOX merger was announced a year and a half ago. Unless [as] management was completely oblivious, they had to have known this was a possibility. Surely, they would have a plan.

kianworld

CN Schedule Archiver
Feel like we didn't know it at the time, but Rick and Morty getting a 70 episode order was probably a reaction to what they knew was coming.