[AS] Anime vs Comedy

FTPC

Ever-since [AS] started their comedy six nights a week every night and giving Only one night to the Anime fans, instead of one hour, or each half to anime fans Back in June.

If you are a fan of [AS] like I Am, Then you know [AS] has been showing Favoritism to all of comedy and Casting out the Anime Fans, & Anime fans Have fought back on the official board But after like two million post about How Anime Rules over Comedy, with detail views, I myself have acted against the war on amine, or how i look at it The war on comedy!

Mind you i think [as] programming Schedule should be compromises because it
Is driving anime fans away, and the only hope that anime fans have, who can't download anime off the net, are we forced to start an anime DVD collection, and while we are doing that the world of [AS] is slowing turning
To crap or one the other side of the coin, if you a comedy fan then you thing that [AS] is wonderful.

A few points that I like to bring up this topic, that makes Anime Better then comedy.

1, Does [as] Comedy have a die heart or a hardcore following like Amine?
2, Does [as] comedy have several RPG Forums, pen and paper, tabletop RPG games center around it. Like anime does?

3, what about Merchandise, like soundtracks, the manga, Action figures, or apparel, or cos play, Does [AS]] comedy have that like anime does?

4 Does Comedies have major comic book company back them like anime does for example dark horse backs Trigun?

The Best hope for comedy is Syndication, and from what i found out on the net about anime it is actual cheaper to renew or re in state the rights of anime program, then it is to pay the staff of the "boondocks" for four more Season, I would rather bring back all the anime shows that adult swim has forgotten about and also bring in new anime shows.

I mean does America TV programming care about anime, or are Americas just about of people who enjoy their ESPN channels and the home shopping, QVC, and other shopping channels?

Because I remember a Channel that would show news from Japan, and other parts of the world, but then that got pulled and for what a channel that is called "Current"- I think it is like a goggle channel,

I feel like we are in a version of terminator with the anime fans being the Anime Fans playing the role of the humans and [AS]comedies being sky net and the machines, or to put another way,

Anime fans playing the role of the Jedi that are in favor of the light side and [AS] comedies are the Jedi follow the dark side of the force..

Toinight [AS] chose to aqua teen huger force the moive again rather then let us the Anime fan have our Saturday night after six nights of nothing but comedy

When will the in justice end!

Master Moron

In your huge rant I didn't see a single word about ratings, which is all Adult Swim cares about.

FTPC

That's because I was saving it for my reply. Look A lot of veiwwers that once side with {AS] Because of it anime shows have left or stop watching, or just watch {AS} one night a week because Anime rules while Comedy Sucks and the raiting Show it {AS] comedy shows is Slowly going down

Now I do like Super-milk chain and shin chain because they are Japan anime shows or a comedies that came from japan. Not like the crap made only for [AS]..

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
It's the ratings-economy, stupid.

Can we trust Barack Obama to lead us in the War on Anime?

Mr. Master Moron more or less hit it, if there was a concentrated effort by WS/AS/CN to destroy anime they wouldn't have kept it in the places they have for as long as they have.

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
You can definately tell how little regard they have for anime at this point just by the fact that they scheduled the ATHF movie on the ONE night they have anime premieres. They have SIX other nights they could have aired it which would have more than likely only preempted previously aired comedy shows.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
You can definately tell how little regard they have for anime at this point just by the fact that they scheduled the ATHF movie on the ONE night they have anime premieres. They have SIX other nights they could have aired it which would have more than likely only preempted previously aired comedy shows.

Actually, they aired the movie yesterday.

TacoHunter

Master of None
To be fair, anime fans don't watch TV because their elitist jerks. They'll just complain about dubs, edits, etc, they have a million reasons to not what AS, and AS has a million reasons to stop showing anime. Yet they still show it, despite the fact it doesn't bring in ratings.

I think anime would do better on Toonami, myself. But then again, anime in general isn't all that popular any more. And to be fair, a lot of anime sucks.

I used to be really big in to it, and casually follow it now. But I noticed the more of it I watched, the more cliches it has become. And unless they are pariating the cliche or making fun of it in some way, I hate it. How many times can our hero go from overpowered underdog to the most powerful thing in the universe?

zoombie

What category does Crayon Shin Chan fall under. While it is anime, it has more in common with the comedy shows on Adult Swim, than the action drama of the other anime programming on Adult Swim.

Compair it once at a time slot following Code Geass. If you are familar with the program, it has a lot of violence and lot of blood and death. Try to follow up someone getting shot in the head, with a boy showing his butt checks and doing a dance.

It is like if in the days of NBC Must See TV, they had ER be a lead in for Seinfeld.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I don't see why they can't do both. I mean if they would drop the encore block, they'd have room for both Comedy and Anime. They'd still get the desired audience plus more. Besides, they could further compromise by getting the rights for some comedy centered anime (Like they do with Shin Chan).

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
To be fair, anime fans don't watch TV because their elitist jerks. They'll just complain about dubs, edits, etc, they have a million reasons to not what AS, and AS has a million reasons to stop showing anime. Yet they still show it, despite the fact it doesn't bring in ratings.

Not every anime fan's like that. :shrug:

Mavericker

What category does Crayon Shin Chan fall under. While it is anime, it has more in common with the comedy shows on Adult Swim, than the action drama of the other anime programming on Adult Swim.

Compair it once at a time slot following Code Geass. If you are familar with the program, it has a lot of violence and lot of blood and death. Try to follow up someone getting shot in the head, with a boy showing his butt checks and doing a dance.

It is like if in the days of NBC Must See TV, they had ER be a lead in for Seinfeld.

It IS comedy.

Beat

Retired
Adult Swim airs bad anime or drawn out, plot heavy anime on a night where ratings are poor for almost everything (minus sports), ratings are bad. THE END.

You can hate me all for saying it, but Bleach and Death Note would probably get double the ratings if they aired on another network. Maybe triple in Bleach's case.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
When all their comedies devolve into frat boy nonsense, no matter how little they promote it and how much its ratings suck, I'll probably still be watching action.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts