Arthur had a gay marriage episode.

kanc

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It didn't say the show is ending, it just says the show is renewed for four additional seasons which is the longest running series by 2021

I think you may have missed the first two links, which seem a bit more definitive. Unless Binky is being recast.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

dumbfoolkid5

So he had a gay wedding episode, bravo. But it's still a fact that Arthur is the Simpsons of PBS. IT JUST WON'T END.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
So he had a gay wedding episode, bravo. But it's still a fact that Arthur is the Simpsons of PBS. IT JUST WON'T END.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do most people care that Arthur is still on the air though? Fans wanted the Simpsons to end ages ago because of how the quality went down after a few seasons, but I don't know how many people have kept up with Arthur over the years. Most people would just be surprised that it's still going more than anything else.

Anyway, I saw the episode and I thought that it was cute. It's been a long time since I've seen Arthur, so it was weird to see the characters with smart phones. I liked how they handled the reveal at the wedding. None of the characters were confused over their teacher marrying a man or using it for a gag. It was a surprise for them because they assumed that his sister was the bride instead, but they were just happy for Mr. Ratburn and everyone was happy with the turnout. It felt like a nice and natural way to showcase a gay marriage instead of making it seem like something strange, which is important for a kids' show and especially something that a lot of young elementary school years would watch.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Do most people care that Arthur is still on the air though? Fans wanted the Simpsons to end ages ago because of how the quality went down after a few seasons, but I don't know how many people have kept up with Arthur over the years. Most people would just be surprised that it's still going more than anything else.

Anyway, I saw the episode and I thought that it was cute. It's been a long time since I've seen Arthur, so it was weird to see the characters with smart phones. I liked how they handled the reveal at the wedding. None of the characters were confused over their teacher marrying a man or using it for a gag. It was a surprise for them because they assumed that his sister was the bride instead, but they were just happy for Mr. Ratburn and everyone was happy with the turnout. It felt like a nice and natural way to showcase a gay marriage instead of making it seem like something strange, which is important for a kids' show and especially something that a lot of young elementary school years would watch.
I'd say the one thing that helps with Arthur not stagnate too much is that it's seasons are shorter than the Simpsons and etc. The recent seasons are like 7-10 episodes.

You think it's strange they had smart phones, they had episode last week part of the new week batch where the characters' internet died and they lost it and had to re-figure out things to do with out it, the episode was in real time meaning the events took 11 minutes like the episode. It was strange for a show where we've seen the characters function well without internet and knew what encyclopedias were.

I keep up on Arthur mostly for curiosity and will some times watch reruns. I notice a lot of PBS stations don't air it in the afternoon after school time as many used to do , especially when PBS kids GO existed and that block was made for the elementary kids coming home. My main PBS station airs it at 6:30am ; the other on their main not .2 channel they air it at 10:30am and on their .2 they air it weekdays at 1pm and every morning at 5. (which is umm woha)

I'm not sure how popular it is , it seems PBS /WGBH still cares for it enough to give it a prime time slot on their 24 hr channel, a marathon , specials and going for a few more seasons.

LinusFan303

Squeak

Alabama won't air the episode
That also means they also blocked out the paring episode with it too then. Hmm I wonder if they blocked the broadcast on their .2 channel PBS kids last week when the episode aired on Monday and the times over the weekend. Otherwise, the episode made it through if they didn't. Also the people who live where they can receive Mississippi, Florida Georgia , or Tennessee PBS stations would have been able to catch it there.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Alabama won't air the episode

Of course Alabama won't air the episode. I wouldn't be too shocked if any other states choose to not air it.

I'd say the one thing that helps with Arthur not stagnate too much is that it's seasons are shorter than the Simpsons and etc. The recent seasons are like 7-10 episodes.

Having a shorter amount of episodes would help, although I'm still amazed at just how many episodes there are for this series.

LinusFan303 said:
You think it's strange they had smart phones, they had episode last week part of the new week batch where the characters' internet died and they lost it and had to re-figure out things to do with out it, the episode was in real time meaning the events took 11 minutes like the episode. It was strange for a show where we've seen the characters function well without internet and knew what encyclopedias were.

Wow that is so weird. That would be a relatable issue for both kids and adults nowadays, but I'm just so used to thinking of Arthur as a 90's series that I didn't think of how they'd incorporate more modern technology and problems like that.

Toons Fan

That also means they also blocked out the paring episode with it too then. Hmm I wonder if they blocked the broadcast on their .2 channel PBS kids last week when the episode aired on Monday and the times over the weekend. Otherwise, the episode made it through if they didn't. Also the people who live where they can receive Mississippi, Florida Georgia , or Tennessee PBS stations would have been able to catch it there.

According to their schedule page, they did blocked out the episode on the 24/7 PBS Kids channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts