"Arrow" Season Six Talkback (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The body can heal from external injuries, but what about internal injuries? What if Vince's brain can't function to the point where his healing factor can't kick in again? James knew Vince would heal from anything like a bullet wound, and that's why he had Laurel scream into Vig's ears.

Either way, it is still stupid, lazy writing.
I don't buy it. Why would his brain factor into his healing factor? No, this WAS just bad writing.

hobbyfan

Hmmm, apparently Penguin is on holiday.

Cayden James was played for a sucker all along and gets whacked by Diaz. Quentin goes rogue and takes Laurel for a ride. That's not going to end well. William becomes a hero, which may have contributed to James' surrendering.

Arrow gets a 2 week break for the Olympics, same as The Flash. Seems the other networks are conceding the ratings.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "The Devil's Greatest Trick"

Good and bad. Good because the 45 minutes plus commercials I just watched was pretty boss. Bad because I am now pretty sure the rest of the season is gonna suck.

I understand why they made the traitor Diaz. The audience has no attachment to him the way they do Laurel or Anatoly. Which is precisely why the betrayal should have been one of those two. It's a nothing twist, and means we are trading one no-name Big Bad for another. Could you imagine the stakes if Dinah had been right, and the mastermind of season was Laurel Lance? Not only would that rip a hole in the foundation of Team Arrow and The Outsiders, but what the hell would Quentin do?

By the way, Quentin as Annie Wilkes is stupid. The one thing about the episode I didn't like.

What I like about the scene of Cayden and Oliver in the end before Diaz comes in to kill him, is that Cayden is pretty much acknowledging his son would be disgusted with his actions. Especially since he was doing them in his name. I would love the Punisher to have a similar epiphany, but he seems more less self-aware and much more evil than Cayden James.

Am I the only one who wants to smack William? Because he became in this episode what we hate about kid characters. Rushing into danger and causing all sorts of unneeded complications for the heroes. It worked out okay dramawise, as his and Oliver's bonding is the thing that caused James to surrender, but once a kid character is the annoying Mary Sue, they cannot stop being the annoying Mary Sue. They are literally that forever. And he wasn't until this episode, which bums me out.

Where was Felicity when she should have been watching him? I know she was busy, but I hope Oliver screams at her later.

The new chief of police is on Diaz's payroll? The one who Quentin vouched for? Suddenly his seeing the good in a monster like Laurel makes sense. This episode pretty much made him the series chump.

Man, I loved the episode. Me enjoying this season was nice as long as it lasted. I don't expect a ton of positive reviews for the rest of the year. ****1/2.

hobbyfan

Let me give a shout to anyone on TZ who's in my neck of the woods (upstate NY). Marc "Crazy" Guggenheim will be in Albany on April 20 as a guest of the NYS Writers Institute. The event will be at the University of Albany's Page Hall on Western Avenue. Admission is free.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
arrowtb.jpg
"Collision Course"
Thursday, March 1, 2018 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
Oliver, Diggle and Felicity disagree with Dinah, Curtis and Rene on how to handle Black Siren.

hobbyfan

Well, that was underwhelming. Again. The chasm widens, Laurel escapes, and who's to say she didn't already funnel the money to Diaz?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow “Collision Course”

The real Laurel isn’t dead? Bummer. I hated the character and hoped she would never return. Thanks for nothing, Arrow.

This episode was frustrating on every level. Every character pretty much sucked during that. And never shut it off.

Curtis sucked for deliberately hurting John. Oliver sucked for invading the Outsiders’ lair and letting things get as far as they did. Not to mentioning promising the city something he had no way of delivering. Dinah sucked for spending most of the episode as an attempted murderer. Quentin sucked because he’s dumb as hell. Felicity and Dig sucked for showing up at the hospital as if it weren’t completely inappropriate. And Rene especially sucks for shooting Felicity Freaking Smoak. I don’t care if he was hurt more, Felicity was unarmed, and he was shooting at his former friends as if guns were toys. He has MUCH more to be ashamed of than Oliver does.

Felicity also sucks because she bakes cookies. It doesn’t matter how kick-butt the female hero seems. And Felicity is unlike other kick-butt heroines in that she uses her brain entirely to kick butt, which is totally refreshing. But ultimately, it doesn’t matter. Every single genre show will find a way to domesticate heroines and have them bake cookies. It was a running joke on Justice League’s Legends that Black Siren’s entire job is baking cookies. In real-world genre, it’s actually a thing to watch out for. So yeah, here we are. Again, thanks for nothing, Arrow.

Did I mention I hated the episode? *.

hobbyfan

Take a sedative, bro'. We know the writers are morons. They need to realize this format isn't working anymore.

hobbyfan

Since you cover just about every comics-related show on the air, I take it you have a DVR?

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Red Arrow returns? Right now on The CW.

arrowtb.jpg
"Doppelganger"
Thursday, March 8, 2018 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
Oliver and Thea are shocked to hear that Roy Harper is back in Star City.

Otaku-sempai

Arrow “Collision Course”

The real Laurel isn’t dead? Bummer. I hated the character and hoped she would never return. Thanks for nothing, Arrow.

You seriously didn't realize that this was Evil Laurel? Does the new episode make you feel better about that now?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You seriously didn't realize that this was Evil Laurel? Does the new episode make you feel better about that now?
How dare I come up with a wrong theory! Bad Fone Bone! Bad!

Also this theory didn't come out of nowhere. I knew this episode title was coming. I assumed that meant there were now two of them.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "Doppelganger"

How good was Fake Laurel's trick? She even fooled me last week!

For the record, in case anyone was wondering, last week's episode still sucked.

This one didn't. That was great. I'll say one good thing about Colton Haynes: He is willing to come back when the show needs him. A lot of times when a cast member leaves a show they are gone for good. Good for him.

Diaz is turning out to be a wholly inadequate Big Bad. Anatoly is working my last nerve too.

How is witness tampering going to be added to Oliver's charges? Roy was the only witness, and the only way they could prove Ollie was Green Arrow. If they don't have Roy, they don't have Oliver for witness tampering.

Poor John. Never gettin' the Hood back. Heh.

Do you know what I like? Oliver refusing to put Dinah back in the field. I always thought Oliver was too mistrustful and unfair to the new recruits, but I like that after last week he's decided to stop putting up with their crap.

Loved the episode. ****1/2.

Last edited:

hobbyfan

Watched it On Demand.

Like Cayden James, Ricardo Diaz's true motivations weren't really fully fleshed out enough to satisfy. He wants control of the city? Meh, scum like him are a dime a dozen in comics. To think that DC rebooted Richard Dragon into this piece of trash in the New 52 says that this was a bad decision seven ways to Sunday.

Awwww, Roy & Thea make such a cute couple. I really have to go get the Season 2 DVD. When the price comes down at Walmart, of course.

Nyssa returns. Unfortunately, the next chapter is in 3 weeks (NCAA basketball tournament starts this week, and CW has already proven they don't want to put 1st run episodes opposite sports that the target demo will watch), this after they had a 2 week break for the Olympics. They need new programmers at CW, or Pedowicz, the moron in charge, has to go.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
arrowtb.jpg
"The Thanatos Guild"
Thursday, March 29, 2018 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
Nyssa Al Ghul returns to Star City to warn Thea that a group of renegade League of Assassins members are planning to attack her.

hobbyfan

So Thea & Roy ride off into the night. Hopefully, they'll be back in time for the finale. Curtis seems to have found a new partner, which is nice, but I've a bad feeling about this, considering there's still the matter of how many officers are in Ricardo Diaz's pockets.

Nice, though, to go a whole episode without any references to Laurel, Diaz, and Quentin on the verge of a breakdown. Less soap opera, more good stories.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "The Thanatos Guild"

I love Thea being smart enough to get Oliver to admit he actually loves being Green Arrow and that's why he won't give it up. She was also right to get him to promise to not string John along anymore. Although the preview hints that will not end well.

I also love Roy deciding to go along with Thea at the end. I love these two together. I especially like that he doesn't wear a costume on the mission. A baseball cap should be enough to hide his identity. Heh.

How did Curtis know that cop was gay? I've heard of gaydar before but that was uncanny.

I love Thea confirming the trap was Raiders to Felicity over the radio. Because knowing that was the important thing.

Speaking of Felicity, I love that Nyssa seems to have a sense of humor, and calls Oliver "Husband" simply because it upsets Felicity. I also am pretty sure she agreed to stay there and scare away distractions simply to annoy her too. She wouldn't have called her "Sister-Wife" just then if that wasn't the case.

I Awwed! at her giving Oliver the annulment at the end of the episode.

I loved this week. ****1/2.

hobbyfan

I stand corrected on my earlier remarks. Last night was the write-off for Roy & Thea. Willa Holland is officially gone, looking for other projects (i.e. movies). There goes Quentin's conscience (Thea).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts