Are people consider Sidekick and Scaredy Squirrel underrated now that they moved to Qubo?

Tommypezmaster

I'm getting the strangest feeling that people are going to call these 2 underappreciated and need more attention.
Do you think both shows got a cult following after moving to Qubo or Do people forgot they existed for a reason?

ProtoGentIsDead

Your average Toon Disney and Pixar fan
Despite being aired on Cartoon Network in 2011-2013, Nelvana had rights to Qubo. Unlike the age process, the channel was aimed at 2-11-year-olds.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
The quality of a show doesn't affect a networks decision of acquiring it or giving it away. In this case it's unlikely Qubo would really pick up both shows merely because they're underrated. Unless if both are up for acquisition and Qubo feels confident in airing them then they probably would acquire both shows.

Dr.Pepper

The only reason why I see people calling them underrated is if people who were young kids when they are originally see it again and have nostalgia for it.

Austin'sStuff

I never watched Scaredy Squirrel, but I watched some of Sidekick, and I remember part of the theme song. Whenever my TV decides to receive my local Qubo station and Sidekick is on, I'll watch it.

TargetmasterJoe

Can't exactly speak for Scaredy Squirrel, but I always get the gnawing feeling that Sidekick would be worlds better if the characters were less inept or jerky to each other ...and we were at least given a clue as to why Maxum Man went missing or why he chose Eric. (And Eric could stop getting the short end of the stick 98.9% of the time.)

But I digress. :p

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Not really, Sidekicks was....OK in small doses. But sweet Mercy Scardy Squirrel was just flat out unwatchable most of the time.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Can't exactly speak for Scaredy Squirrel, but I always get the gnawing feeling that Sidekick would be worlds better if the characters were less inept or jerky to each other ...and we were at least given a clue as to why Maxum Man went missing or why he chose Eric. (And Eric could stop getting the short end of the stick 98.9% of the time.)

Thank you for pointing out why Sidekick sucks so dang much and is a shining example alongside Scaredy Squirrel why Canada isn't taken seriously in animation anymore and hasn't/will continue to not be for a long, long..... long time.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.

I agree with what you said about Sidekick, what annoyed me about it was that they never really explained most of the ideas they were hinting at since the FIRST EPISODE: (Maxum Man disappearing, why Eric became his sidekick out of anyone else, how Eric met the gang and why Vana really hates him so much to wanting him dead etc). So yeah Sidekick was mediocre at best. It could have been better but I’ll admit it’s entertaining and there are some good episodes so I’ll give it that. As for Scaredy Squirrel that to is also mediocre though oddly enough in my opinion seasons 2-3 actually are a lot better in terms of writing and characters, not to say they’re genius levels of comedy but compared to season 1 (which I think is really mediocre) their boarder line good. So yeah both shows are mediocre at best.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
To be fair, the OP seemed to have been asking if the shows would be considered underrated by appearing on Qubo, not that they were moving to Qubo because they're considered underrated. That might not make much of a difference, but the idea seems to be what the community says, not the executives.

Anyway, while some may say those two shows are underrated, I imagine there's less of such declaration for them compared with many other animated 2010s shows that aren't considered greatest hits (or even second cuts).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts