Are 11-minute premieres coming to an end?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Is it just me, or is CN abandoning its tradition of 11-minute show premieres that pretty much defined the network's strategy in the 2010s?

In 2019, we've seen:
-Half-hour premieres of Mighty Magiswords when CN decided to bomb the remainder of the show in May.
-Half-hour premieres of Gumball in the month of June, leading up to its finale.
-Consistent half-hour premieres of OK K.O.! all the way to its conclusion (and the season 2 and 3 finales were each one hour long).
-Hour-long premieres of Summer Camp Island season 2.
-Consistent half-hour premieres of Mao Mao, even after it moved to Saturdays.
-Half-hour premieres of Ben 10.
-Half-hour premieres of Power Players.

And that's just a handful of examples not including special events (i.e. Infinity Train and such).

Adult Swim has done similar scheduling this year with double premieres of Mike Tyson Mysteries, Robot Chicken, and The Squidbillies.

These half-hour premieres seem to occur in increasing frequency. Do you think CN and AS may phase out the 11-minute format soon?

Markus Nelis

They may have this new strategy by premiering 2 episodes in a row. However I don't think 11 minute formats end anytime soon considering almost everything, if not all CN has is 11 minutes. We'll see for sure, maybe a few shows get the 22 min format but other than that not at least in the near future... Maybe sometime in 5 years.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
A lot of international channels already air these 11-minute shows doubled up.

jaylop97

Staff member
22 min episodes were always better to air episode premieres, I never really got the understanding for Regular Show and MAD premiering 11 minute episodes and leading CN to airing that way episodes.

Maybe now they can get back into singular 22 minute episode shows?

Radiant97

Jewel Runner
22 min episodes were always better to air episode premieres, I never really got the understanding for Regular Show and MAD premiering 11 minute episodes and leading CN to airing that way episodes.

Maybe now they can get back into singular 22 minute episode shows?
I thought the initial purpose of airing an 11-minute episode a week was to stretch out the premiere schedule and artifically extend the season, while also giving the crew more time to work on episodes. Obviously it doesn't matter now thanks to the streaming craze.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How come nobody made SpongeBob talk back? It's currently airing new episodes every Fridays
Since I'm in New Hampshire, there's snow outside today.
kecskezombi01 wrote on KristofLaci991130's profile.
Hello, here. Are you living in a Hungarian city?
Is it me or is marketing for modern cartoons going through some kind of dark age right now?

Featured Posts